I Reincarnated as a White Pig Noble's Daughter from a Shoujo Manga

Update whoop! Thank you!

The problem I have with this story is the constant fat shaming both internalized and from other characters within the story. It's ridiculous 🙄 Like just people someone is bigger doesn't mean they can't ride a horse 🤬 The limitations and offensive stereotypes are just so off putting. I keep hoping the story will skip or at least be less horrid about it but it's relentless.

If anyone had disordered eating issues or had been fat shamed by their family this story is DEFINITELY a triggering one.

Some may argue this is a 'cultural' thing. There are bigger people around the world and the levels of fat shaming is sad and frustrating particularly in East Asian countries. Especially towards women.

This mangaka has internalized a lot of this😖

@MerriLee3s I guess it could be seen as fat shaming, but i dont really feel that way about it. I mean, it's shaming her previous habits more than anything, which is what led her to having extra weight to begin with. And she's doing something about her habits. Plus she's getting attention even though she isn't "slim and beautiful", which shaming would definitely not do.

I have extra weight on me and it doesnt trigger me at all. And it's true that being heavy is a burden on a horse's back - any rider like me or doctor would say the same. though i doubt she weighed 240+ lbs.

@MerriLee3s

You're saying that the constant references to her being fat are not cultural because other countries have more fat people? I believe this is the "Irrelevant Conclusion" fallacy.

I’m really put off with the Cousin... he knows her situation yet he didn’t help her overcome her depression and binge eating when they were younger. Not only that, he thinks of her fatness as something horrid when he had a chance to stop it... sorry but he’s just too fucked up to like

Fatties need to be shamed. Biology isn't a stereotype. Go back to tumblr where you can slowly hugbox yourself to death.

Dex-chan lover
@MerriLee3s Too much triggers are bad for your health, mental & physical. Other than that, the author is a Japanese, so it's the Japanese society problem, not those prideful 300lbs+++ first world problem. Don't stick your cultural mud into Asia region, please.

@smoothoperator so anything that’s biologically wrong should be considered for shaming? Then what about genetic mutations? Should we be shaming people for obvious genetic mutations? What about disabilities? Should we do them off like the disabled Germans in 1940? Because if so, you should be first to lead us, because you’re clearly retarded.

@MerriLee3s wdym? You literally can’t horseride after a certain weight. It’s not a limitation made by the author but reality. And face it, fat shaming is normal even in this current time, she’s just inserting it in her story to make it a tad bit more realistic and nicer to read once she becomes skinny

@Meanakushi At least that's what it looks like. The raws only have 10 chapters and it's been at least 6 months since the last update, whereas the novel is almost 200 chapters long. Granted I I don't understand Japanese, so I can't be 100% sure.

This is actually a weight loss documentary disguised as a villainess isekai

Dex-chan lover
Honestly I wanna be able to read this but the low res scan just kills it for me

"Oh my precious eyes, those jagged pixels on this fan translation I am reading for free are so trying. Bring me my smelling salts!"

Users who are viewing this thread