Ichizu Bitch-Chan (Web) - Ch. 10 - A story about how i eavesdropped on the conversation involving my flitarious junior

Dex-chan lover
Unforseeable Intentions? One cannot be any more vague than this lol. I guess it basically boils down to - not yours, suck it up and fork over legit tweets. Seriously though, is this paid on twitter ot something?

Group Leader
@Hollow7F asked the guy for permission and said the group had no ill intentions, even said that we were willing to give him more exposure to the english readers by scanlating his stuff for free. The answer was no because he was afraid of "unforseeable intentions".

@sarshi check the group's page, there's a link there.

@Newbii exactly, his vague question honestly pissed me so much that I was about to suggest throwing insults at him but decided not too.

Supporter
@Tsudow - sorry you have all been made to drop this, this last chapter was a turn around for the kouhei.

I guess "unforseeable intentions" potentially means drops in translation nuances, and he doesn't want his work mis-interpreted. It's still shitty though, even if the artists wishes always need to be respected.

Dex-chan lover
@Tsudow

“The answer was no because he was afraid of "unforseeable intentions".”

Basically he was afraid of having more people to know and read what he does? /s

Well, that’s a pity, but not much you can do...thanks for translating until now.

Dex-chan lover
Aw, that's a shame. Too bad it wasn't like some other manga where the translator had the permission of the artist themselves to translate.

Even more interesting since looking at the artist's other works, one of them is one of the aforementioned translations with the artist's permission. I wonder what's different about this one compared to that one? The possibility of serialization, maybe?

Dex-chan lover
Scans and scanlations have two, contrary effects on sales. On the one hand, some readers substitute scans for the option of purchase; on the other hand, some readers are made aware of the work by the scan or scanlation, and respond by purchasing it.

In the case of readers who cannot read the work in its original language, nor in a language into which a licensed translation has been made, the first effect basically does not hold at all; but, exposed to the work, they may agitate a publisher to produce a licensed translation in a language that they can read.

As to unforeseeable intentions, it's fairly obvious that, if a scanlation group had intentions contrary to the expressed wishes of the creator, the group would just ignore a request to stop.

As for me, I'll miss the comments by @ShunZephyr and by @Tsudow more than I'll miss the scanlation.

Dex-chan lover
Fuck I just followed this too. Oh, well , time to unfollow I guess, and so another series bites the dust cause of the shitty author doesn’t want his work translated into English.

Group Leader
@emMeBi86 that's the thing, we explicitly stated that the amount of views that was getting after we picked this up surged (around 300k+ views only counting dex and kakalot) and yet he still said no.

@Oeconomist thank you for the kind comment and don't worry about it too much^

@Kochi3 mind you checking the invite link on the group's page.

Contributor
I don't even get it...why the author would not want this translated i mean.

It's not like this manga is serialized in english (or even in japan) so it would only help him to make this more popular, especially if it get later a physical release.

Oh well. It's his loss, so too bad for him.

Users who are viewing this thread