I'm in Love with the Villainess - Ch. 37 - Emerging doubts

Dex-chan lover
Yeah I am guessing that the translator made the decision to translate the suffix sama as lord/lady and is trying not to misgender yuu, but in doing so added a new element to the story that probably doesnt exist. I think for the moment prince yuu still works because regardless of yuu's gender she is still legally a prince

Dex-chan lover
it's getting more interesting now. damn who is this masked person? always makes everyone going through turmoil

Double-page supporter

Full Name​

Rae Taylor

Kanji Name​

レイ・テイラー

Aliases​

Rei Taylor
Hero of the Revolution

Age​

16-17

Gender​

Female

Species​

Human

Birthday​

July 19th

Birthplace​

Euclid, Bauer Kingdom Montreal Canada

Height​

162 cm / 5'4"

Weight​

52 kg / 114.6 lbs

Hair Color​

Dark brown

Eye Color​

Brown

Status​

Alive

Marital Status​

Not Married (yet)

Affiliation​

House François
Royal Academy (student)

Occupation​

Student
Maid

Loves​

Claire François

Loved by​

Claire François

Family​

Mel Taylor (adoptive mother)
Van Taylor (adoptive father)
Claire François (future wife)

Element Affinity​

Water
Earth

Weapon​

Wand
Omg XD

Of all the places to get caught up... I decided to read the manga after not being able to handle the wait after the cliffhanger in the second to last episode of the anime. Having to wait most of a month for the next chapter of this, after this cliffhanger, is gonna be real tough.

Contributor
The nun was another hypnotized victim. I get that Misha is overprotective regarding Yuu, but our protagonist just saved her life with that bracelet! C'mon, they spent all that time together as good friends, even being roommates and now she's super suspicious? Misha is a lot more paranoid than I thought, then.

Dex-chan lover
So, whats the deal with these kinds of stories and trying to be way too much more than they actually are?
I guess its personal but:
You start these kind of magic academy romance stories, and you stay for the fluff and cute character moments and the tsundere shit. Then you get invested in the characters and you want to learn more about them and their relationships and boom theres an overarching plot. Kaguya-Sama did this kind of thing really well balancing characters, main couple and the bigger plot.
But nah, get politics, human trafficking, underdeveloped cookie cutter side characters, and everything but the main couple antics in your face, bet you'll love it.

Now, I guess theres a lot of stories like this, and people seem to like it. So maybe (most probably) I'm wrong, but I don't like this direction.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah its totally not telling how this genderbend reveal was a total asspull
Suddenly everyone starts calling him LADY YU like that isnt insanely fucking dangerous if they get overheard

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation.

Full Name​

Rae Taylor

Kanji Name​

レイ・テイラー

Aliases​

Rei Taylor
Hero of the Revolution

Age​

16-17

Gender​

Female

Species​

Human

Birthday​

July 19th

Birthplace​

Euclid, Bauer Kingdom Montreal Canada

Height​

162 cm / 5'4"

Weight​

52 kg / 114.6 lbs

Hair Color​

Dark brown

Eye Color​

Brown

Status​

Alive

Marital Status​

Not Married (yet)

Affiliation​

House François
Royal Academy (student)

Occupation​

Student
Maid

Loves​

Claire François

Loved by​

Claire François

Family​

Mel Taylor (adoptive mother)
Van Taylor (adoptive father)
Claire François (future wife)

Element Affinity​

Water
Earth

Weapon​

Wand
Impressive. Although another thing I'd like to know are her three sizes (mostly bust size). Miss Taylor is pretty chesty from where I'm looking.

Users who are viewing this thread