I'm in Love with the Villainess - Ch. 38 - The ceremonial dance

Aggregator gang
Thank you so much for the chapter!!!
So much happened in this, lots to unpack. Sobbing just like I did reading this in the novels.
I just need to say: the scenes with Rae and Claire in this chapter were perfect I’m in love with how much Claire has grown so far and showing a lot more empathy

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
Rare moment where I prefer a snipers work because they finally changed it from Rei to Rae
Technically in Japanese it’s “レイ” which translates to Rei. In English, everyone says Rae since that’s how it sounds like and also written in wiki fandom so either is correct.

Another banger of a chapter, and we get some good trans representation. Thanks for the translation!

Group Leader
Rare moment where I prefer a snipers work because they finally changed it from Rei to Rae
Technically in Japanese it’s “レイ” which translates to Rei. In English, everyone says Rae since that’s how it sounds like and also written in wiki fandom so either is correct.
Rei is the transliteration for the name of the "real" (Japanese) person; Rae is the official (I suppose) graphy for the name of the (English-like) videogame character. Both names are pronunced Rei, according to kana.
I tought that was pretty clear. They also have different surnames.

Edit: checked, and yup, english edition uses Rae for the game character.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
Rei is the transliteration for the name of the "real" (Japanese) person; Rae is the official (I suppose) graphy for the name of the (English-like) videogame character. Both names are pronunced Rei, according to kana.
I tought that was pretty clear. They also have different surnames.

Edit: checked, and yup, english edition uses Rae for the game character.
Yesss it’s genius how Inori-sensei gave her a name that sounds the same but different spelling for when she isekais to the kingdom. Idk if that was purposeful but it works so well

Group Leader
Hello, just letting you know we updated ch 38 with a better version. We didn't like how we adapted some dialogues and fixed it

Contributor
Great to see Yu on board with the plan. I'd love to see her back in her original body like she wanted. Stick it to court politics and her mother's ambitions, she should not be a mere tool for all this crap. Unless there's a plot to assassinate Rod and Seine, Yu shouldn't even be close to the line of succession. She'd be miserable as "king" in that way, just like somebody from the Fate universe.

I don't feel much sympathy for Misaki's ending back on Earth. (S)/he was a nasty bully and being a victim of something does not excuse becoming a villain in any way. It does not change the fact that they hurt others badly back then even if they were also hurting inside. There was a better way to do things. I'm actually tempted to see it as comeuppance for all that backstabbing and bullying back in school.

Thanks for working on this. It's just me and a hot take, but I do like having more than one scanlated version of a chapter (so long as MTL and/or incompetent translation is not involved). That way, when I come back to re-read after a long while I can go read a different version and the experience won't exactly be the same. Good quality work is always appreciated, and this one counts.

Dex-chan lover
I don't feel much sympathy for Misaki's ending back on Earth. (S)/he was a nasty bully and being a victim of something does not excuse becoming a villain in any way. It does not change the fact that they hurt others badly back then even if they were also hurting inside. There was a better way to do things. I'm actually tempted to see it as comeuppance for all that backstabbing and bullying back in school.

Everyone is entitlted to their opinion, but you get saying that suicide is a good outcome for anyone is kinda messed up right?
We only saw a brief moment in Rei and Misaki's story. They spent years in each others lives that we didnt get to see. And clearly in the end Rei loved Misaki and his suicide has had a much bigger impact on her than bullying her in high school did. Thats my read anyway. To the point that one of Rae's defining character traits in my mind is her determination to not let anyone she loves die if she can possibly do anything to stop it.

Rae told that story to Clair and Lily, not as an angsty "I Was Bullied" or tragic "My Friends Betrayed Me" type of story. But as a bittersweet "First Loves never work out story" because in her past life experience nobody's did.

Users who are viewing this thread