I'm in Love with the Villainess - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Days as a Maid

Fed-Kun's army
I absolutely love the adjustments and additions to the original story! Aaaaaaaahh, let the dere flow forth!

Re: Rei’s behavior
Another thing that must be understood is that she is intentionally overacting as a coping mechanism. The Rei we see is... while not necessarily false, an extreme overexaggeration

Double-page supporter
@minyang6112 hey anytime! as i alluded to in my post, while I wouldn't say its straight up a case of "yuri for men" fanservice, "early novel" rei DEF falls into the really shitty trope of the like "lesbian who uses the girls locker room to be a perv" which i detest. but, again, the manga really makes this out to be worse than it is because it lack's rei's running internal dialogue. the novel makes it more clear that rei is doing this to get a rise out of claire bc she find her flustered response to be very cute. its v much supposed to be a like "teasing the tsundere" thing. BUT its still uncomfortable to sit through, especially if that depiction is personally bothersome.

I get why people don't like it, and dont blame anyone for not wanting to read it. i just hope some people will believe me when i say "hey its not like this forever, it gets a LOT better" and they ultimately find it satisfying as well.

not that this response isnt already long as hell but ON THE TOPIC OF DISCUSSION OF LGBT SEXUALITY.... (spoilers below)
I was flat out shocked at how bluntly they discuss sexuality in the novel. I'm a long time fan of manga/anime, and only just have started to get into LN so maybe it's more common in web/LN... but I really can't recall another work that EXPLICITLY talked about being a lesbian, an individual's relationship to their sexuality, how it feels to be a marginalized identity, how much it sucks to have your love be unrequainted (but dealing w/ it and instead supporting the person you like as best u can to at least help THEM be happy) and other shit like that. Like. I remember showing an upcoming chapter (Which i hope 2 god they keep in the manga) where Claire straight up is like "are you gay?" to a bunch of my friends who are also LGBT bc i was blown away at the fact they actually TALKED about sexual identity. I feel like the VAST majority of manga that involves some sort of queer relationship the word "gay" or "lesbian" is NEVER spoken. Let alone explored!

In general, I think the manga is a stronger work than the webnovel, it's better paced, the scenes flow better, and the art is amazing, but the lack of Rei's internal monologue really hurts these opening chapters. Being a bit of obssessive creepy stalker is a part of Rei's character the lack if narration makes her come across worse than in the webnovel.

@moderateTrouble thanks for providing infos. I don't read the novel yet, so yeah my understanding is based on this manga which is not so good in delivering some crucial lines (from comments I read here). The way Rei's gaze drawn here is more fanservice than appreciating Claire. It didn't show for example Rei turned her face as if she's realizing she ogled Claire. and this mangaka other work is a shounen manga so I'm not sure this will be like Yamaji Ebine's work sorry for expecting that much lol

So far the LGBT friendly manga is Ao no Flag.

Mah heart goes 'DOKI DOKI!" I am gushing so hard. I've read the light novel.. all of them but see it being drawn is also just as exhilirating as reading it! My goodnesss my heart!

for y'all who wants some romance scene like kisses, sorry to break it to you but that won't happen anytime soon, but there should be many fluffy and lil bit of angst though
source: novel

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
Yurification, yurification, yurification...
maxresdefault.jpg

Double-page supporter
@minyang6112 YEAH... the fanservice in this chapter is like.... its too much man LMAO

ironically the same scene in the novel (at least in Seven Seas TL) literally says that Rei can't see Claire clearly because of all the steam. she does make a comment that's along the lines of "regardless of orientation, claire is breathtakingly beautiful" and when Lene asks Rei to wash Claire's hair Rei replies "Pardon me, Miss Claire" and not "YESSSSS". ........... The more I think about it the more I'm like... maybe this manga's interpretation of Rei kinda blows LOL

@knonme
unless that part were made awfully I cannot see why incest is inherently bad
>inb4 retard babies argument
no please, I don't wanna make the same points every time anyone tries to use this argument

Fed-Kun's army
@moderateTrouble I think the fanservice kinda has a purpose, at least in the manga form, since the original source is a LN.
It might be a bit much sometimes but it sells, which is ultimately the purpose of it.

I don't really care because it makes the work more successful and in the long run it doesn't really matter, unless it was every chapter, then it would be annoying, but I don't believe it is the case here.

As for the depiction of sexuality, I think it really depends on the context. Sometimes sexuality isn't explored because it's seen as a taboo, like the whole thing about not standing out in japan.
Or it is explored if the context involves younger people who aren't really used to following too much the societal standards.

The feels in my heart are about as good as the LN feeling.
The 2 feel very different(Manga and LN) but I still enjoy them around the same amount.

Now that we have the mandatory bath scene out of the way, can we get back to the cute again?

Users who are viewing this thread