I'm in Love with the Villainess - Vol. 5 Ch. 24 - Challenge

Fed-Kun's army
I don't understand why she is acting like Rei is doing something wrong, she has confessed her feelings to lady claire on multiple occasions.

Only to be hit with "I'm in love with Thane" or "I don't want to marry a woman" than Claire says right in front of the girl that is in love with her "If I had to marry a woman it would be my sister" she has been rejected in so many different ways.

Claire has said to her on multiple occasions
that she is a lowly commoner, she should know her place ETC.

Yet she is supposed to ignore the. Clear rejections and pursue a relationship with Lady Claire.

I don't understand what she is asking Rei to do?

She told that story, and I assume the moral is "I should have confessed to my maid and actually tried to court her rather than molesting her." But is that not what Rei has been doing this entire time?

Or is there something you can do besides confessing?

Last edited:
honestly manaria should be behind bars wtf... s/a shouldnt be brushed off like that huh

i feel like this arc is so stupid bc what do they expect rei to do??? shes literally been rejected every which way i dont understand why the fuck they are blaming her for feeling how she does like . bffr

Fed-Kun's army
honestly manaria should be behind bars wtf... s/a shouldnt be brushed off like that huh

i feel like this arc is so stupid bc what do they expect rei to do??? shes literally been rejected every which way i dont understand why the fuck they are blaming her for feeling how she does like . bffr
Right? The way they write it is sick too. Manaria states, "In the past, I fell in love with a maid of mine. Although I hid my feelings, similar to you. Until one day, I succumbed to my desires, and selfishly messed with messed with her body". Wtf. She words it like so many people who assault others do, "oh no, I'm too weak to my desires and can't control myself". It is beyond disgusting. I get why story wise she is not locked up, she was a princess and we have already seen how nobility gets away with everything. It is horrible though since Rei doesn't talk about how Manaria assaulted a person but is just like, "oh yeah, she is homosexual like me" it is horrible. They just gloss over it like it is okay and it was somehow unavoidable. Manaria not only abused her position she assaulted someone and then abused her position again to get away with it.

Dex-chan lover
So Manaria used magic to rape her maid? This story is getting really dark. I'll be very disappointed if she gets forgiven like the incest twins.
What are you talking about? She used her POSITION OF POWER, i.e. being the maid's mistress and the princess heir of the country, to force herself on her. Which is definitely scummy, but not "mind control rape" scummy. And given she's a somewhat sympathetic character, it looks to be more along the lines of "forcefully pushed for a physical relationship with someone that wasn't ready" than "threatened someone for sexual favors".

Dex-chan lover
Some characters are super messed up but I love how deep their backstories are.

Sure, the incest siblings were crazy but we also got to see the other side of Lene that loved and cared for Claire like a big sister. We also got more backstory on why Claire asked for forgiveness to Lene's family, because she deeply loved and cared for her as well.

Yes, Manaria is scummy and suspicious but she's giving Rei a chance because she didn't allow herself to have one and suppressed her feelings like Rei did. She's doing this so Rei's feelings don't get bottled up and eventually blow up on her. She has bad actions, but does them with good intentions.

Contributor
author only want to give Manaria talent in magic so he can have this arc, seriously if Manaria play her card right to ascend the throne and keep the maid by her side. unless the maid is straight, she should have had a great chance to be happy with the maid

am i wrong?

then can i expect someone like Manaria to growth from this arc so the author can redeem a little bit. cause her action here seem like an abuse and manipulation just like what she do with her maid. now she doing it with her relative relationship, i cant help but look at her with bad faith even if i think author want this strong of a stimulate to change MC

a shame the author choose to write our MC take the bait and not the mechanic or game info with this scale legend festival.

maybe write about realization for MC, cause resolve to face future and actually facing it now should give her some thought and reveal what is it that she afraid about the game future

Dex-chan lover
What are you talking about? She used her POSITION OF POWER, i.e. being the maid's mistress and the princess heir of the country, to force herself on her. Which is definitely scummy, but not "mind control rape" scummy. And given she's a somewhat sympathetic character, it looks to be more along the lines of "forcefully pushed for a physical relationship with someone that wasn't ready" than "threatened someone for sexual favors".

Yes, and another important clue is that after Manaria makes the threat that she could "mess with Claire's body", Rae is afraid of Claire being seduced. "If Manaria was serious about approaching Claire, Claire would definitely respond." If Rae interprets "mess with someone's body" to mean seduction, as opposed to rape, then that's probably how we're supposed to read it too.

Why does she fight against MC? She does tell everyday that she loves Claire and even confirmed she is hetro in front of her, HOW IS THIS NOT ENOUGH!?

Users who are viewing this thread