Imasara desu ga, Osananajimi wo Suki ni Natte Shimaimashita - Ch. 21 - The School Festival That Started It All (Second Part)

Dex-chan lover
I'm so curious as to the average increase/loss of viewcounts when twists like these happen in manga. Like, is this form of writing ever worth the reward? Because I feel like this is good writing, but will there ever be a form of ending that can make this chapter's shock value not feel like a stain to most? Will this not just see people staying for a few more chapters, not liking how this turned after this chapter, and then an exponential amount of droppage?

Either way, I'm personally not too bothered by this. It's not what I expected at all, but I hadn't heard of the author's other works. I do truly want to see what the author is cooking up, because I can at least understand the narrative direction they're wanting to take.
This author is widely known for things like this. If anything, people should check the author's previous works before picking up something new. It saves you a lot of time.

Dex-chan lover
This is just author's way of saying "don't assume shit". Remember, we have never shown exclusively that dude actually loves her as well outside of some teenage hormons moments. (like sitting back to back chapter)

That would be the only saving grace for this abysmal chapter. When we come back to this scene (assuming that we will see flashbacks in the next few chapters), Yuu pushes her away, states the reason he left her was because he realized he loves his childhood friend, (and Ami couldn't take that back then). If the author wants to add more drama, he could just have Hikari run away before Yuu mentions that.

Dex-chan lover
I think they were already talking when she texted him since what she witnessed appears to be the climax of a pretty heated conversation (with slap and all). He went to her classroom to wait for her (just like she guessed) but seen Aya there instead who was actually hiding from him.
So if you went to an event for your female friend you may or may not have feelings for, and ended up getting a text from her in the middle of an argument with your ex, would you stay and argue with your ex? Or say fuck this, this isn't why I'm here?

Dex-chan lover
That would be the only saving grace for this abysmal chapter. When we come back to this scene (assuming that we will see flashbacks in the next few chapters), Yuu pushes her away, states the reason he left her was because he realized he loves his childhood friend, (and Ami couldn't take that back then). If the author wants to add more drama, he could just have Hikari run away before Yuu mentions that.
MC is the textbook definition of unreliable narrator. We've never seen what the dude is actually thinking/feeling or even his past self when they were separated in highschool. Just like the readers, MC as well were assuming he was ready to be picked up in his corner for all these years till MC realised her feelings after not seeing him as a man for years. Now she needs to understand that he was also living his life during those days and he has a past.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This author is widely known for things like this. If anything, people should check the author's previous works before picking up something new. It saves you a lot of time.
I'm not familiar with this author, but I’ve seen several comments suggesting that what happened is typical of his work. Is he a one-trick pony?

Dex-chan lover
So if you went to an event for your female friend you may or may not have feelings for, and ended up getting a text from her in the middle of an argument with your ex, would you stay and argue with your ex? Or say fuck this, this isn't why I'm here?
Depending on the topic i might not have time to check my phone in the middle of it. We don't have context to assume anything. I know this situation sucks but put yourself in his shoes.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not familiar with this author, but I’ve seen several comments suggesting that what happened is typical of his work. Is he a one-trick pony?
He has a tendecy of letting girls who are not neccesaryly the main girl (or one in a main group) win. It is refreshing from a romcom stand point imo. It all depends on how much you like drama i guess.

Dex-chan lover
He
He was dragged there by the female friend. Again he didn't want to go to begin with. Then was guilt tripped into going for her. And we don't even know IF he even knows he has a waiting text. This notion of "there's no way you can be in a heated argument and miss a text on your phone cause it might be silenced, it's completely improbable" is dumb. I totally believe he missed a text in the middle of an argument.

Dex-chan lover
Depending on the topic i might not have time to check my phone in the middle of it. We don't have context to assume anything. I know this situation sucks but put yourself in his shoes.
Yeah, putting myself in his shoes I'd have zero time for the ex. Don't care what she's going off about, the girl I care about is trying to get a hold of me.

Why would his phone be silenced knowing he's WAITING for a text to say she's done.

Fed-Kun's army
You know I never paid attention to the necks before this chapter but...what the hell is up with her long ass neck?

Dex-chan lover
1697869487366428.jpg

The amount of comments made it more apparent shit went down.

Users who are viewing this thread