Isekai Izakaya "Nobu" - Ch. 91 - Taste of Memories, Continued

Dex-chan lover
I liked this arc! It explored a lot of interesting things, tying getting isekai'd to plausible IRL folklore and showcasing the somewhat dark desperation of those who don't want to get left behind. A little baffled at him being unable to recognize a fox when he sees one, though lol

Dex-chan lover
His otherworld family aside (not opening that can of worms), THE FUCK YOU MEAN "THE BACKDOOR WILL NEVER OPEN AGAIN"?! It very clearly did! In chapter 89 it ends on that line, yet here he is! Boo, author-san, BOO!
I get it, the door's not gonna open because of the children, but fuck's sake, the writing made it seem like he'd never return!

Dex-chan lover
my guess is that the "Path" at Nobu is special because of the fox god
Seems like Yoda's door is controlled by a different god than nobu's. Probably has to do with the locations of the stores, the fox is likely the local land god where nobu is located in japan. And since izakaya gen is also under the influence of the fox god they're likely in the same town or prefecture.

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad we all agree that the dude's family is messed up. Because wow, that dude's family is a gaggle of assholes.

I get where he is with it, you can't change it so you just put up with it, but our guy doesn't deserve that. Imagine if he had surviving parents or siblings at home, and his daughter could go back and forth and didn't tell him.

At least he's got the local fox god looking after him (and probably his daughter when she visited).

Fed-Kun's army
Since Yoda-san only heard about Nobu. Is the other izakaya "Gen" also in this world? or is it a different time period? or is it just really far away from Na Garman?
Its been so long since i read Izakaya Gen but if i remembered it correctly there's a mention in the Gen manga thats referring to a similar place that sells food like in Izakaya gen in another place, im assuming thats Nobu.
So yeah, gen and nobu should be at least in the same world

Dex-chan lover
Goddammit, he surely forgiving as fuck, even after all of that fire bullshit, she still have to send their son again because fuck trust, also he doesnt even mad about the secrets.

Yoda-sans door was made by the Tengu in his hometown while Nobu and Gen are made by the fox since both of them are near each other being in Tokyo and Kyoto.

Dex-chan lover
Let's be real guys. In the medieval times, the social standing of a commoner wife who's husband left for someone can have a negative effect on them. Much so when she hasn't given birth to the child so she is also subjected to the hard labor of the fields which can be detrimental to her and her child's health. With how terrible health care is in medieval times, it's a death sentence for her if Yoda left at that time.

Now keeping it a secret that her daughter can go to Japan is a different matter. You have to understand that in the previous chapter, Yoda said he drank a lot after the warehouse burned down until his daughter was born. What do you think would had happened if he learned early on that he can't go back but his daughter can, he might turned back to drinking at that time and there will be no way for him to stop. Worst is he could have taken his life and knowing he's Japanese, the possibility is pretty high.

Was it a good move to keep it a secret or even burning the warehouse? Maybe, we are only operating on the base knowledge from Yoda that he came from Japan and he made soy sauce in the other world from his parent's old soy sauce warehouse until it was burned down. We don't fully know his personality when he came and such so we can't really tell if it was a wise decision for his family to do those things.

Sometimes we do irrational things for the sake of good. Sadly, it doesn't guarantee it will make any good at all.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm going to incel it up here and say: least schizo woman

Anyways, that curry can be sold! iykyk
God, that phrase was driving me nuts. I still don't know what the equivalent Japanese saying is to try and make it make sense.

Dex-chan lover
Argh, this story arc kinda frustates me, which I know is part of the point but at the same time, I doubt the story gonna show the confrontation as something more than a mention.

Double-page supporter
I understand it's supposed to be symbolic of breaking with his home for good but his grandkid could still have used that Yen when they cross into Japan lol

Now keeping it a secret that her daughter can go to Japan is a different matter. You have to understand that in the previous chapter, Yoda said he drank a lot after the warehouse burned down until his daughter was born. What do you think would had happened if he learned early on that he can't go back but his daughter can, he might turned back to drinking at that time and there will be no way for him to stop. Worst is he could have taken his life and knowing he's Japanese, the possibility is pretty high.
I mean, you can make that argument but they kept it secret for the daughter's entire life and she's an adult at this point, given her husband and kid on the way. Like this is a secret they kept from him for at least 20 years. There's a point where it stops being for someone's own good and starts just being selfish. And the wife has way moved into crazy and selfish. It's frustrating it's probably not going to get any kind of resolution though, yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread