Isekai Izakaya "Nobu" - Ch. 91 - Taste of Memories, Continued

Dex-chan lover
I mean, you can make that argument but they kept it secret for the daughter's entire life and she's an adult at this point, given her husband and kid on the way. Like this is a secret they kept from him for at least 20 years. There's a point where it stops being for someone's own good and starts just being selfish. And the wife has way moved into crazy and selfish. It's frustrating it's probably not going to get any kind of resolution though, yeah.
Maybe not 20 years thou, knowing that child marriage is a thing at those times and with how lower average life expectancy is in the medieval ages so getting married at 15 or 16 isn't uncommon for them. Then add that his child found it out when she was exploring the burnt ruins of the warehouse so we can assume that she did it in her childhood at the earliest, 7-10 years old. You'd be absolutely mad to leave your 3-5 year old child unsupervised, much so in the medieval times when anything can happen outside the village.

Yes, it may be selfish for his wife to do it but we can't really assume it was the case with how little info to go on with. We're definitely not getting any resolution to it when the Yoda is already content of finishing his dealings in Japan.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation!

Man, the wife and daughter are just "crazy obsessed and dangerously impetuous," aren't they?

Dex-chan lover
Maybe not 20 years thou, knowing that child marriage is a thing at those times and with how lower average life expectancy is in the medieval ages so getting married at 15 or 16 isn't uncommon for them. Then add that his child found it out when she was exploring the burnt ruins of the warehouse so we can assume that she did it in her childhood at the earliest, 7-10 years old. You'd be absolutely mad to leave your 3-5 year old child unsupervised, much so in the medieval times when anything can happen outside the village.

Yes, it may be selfish for his wife to do it but we can't really assume it was the case with how little info to go on with. We're definitely not getting any resolution to it when the Yoda is already content of finishing his dealings in Japan.
That's really the biggest kick in the pants, which is that we will never know the other side of the story. We won't know what the wife was truly thinking to make her do something so drastic.
But I don't think his family is as fuck up as what people claim to be

I'm glad Yoda gets to sort out his feeling and unfinished business

BUT I FUCKING HATE HIS FAMILY

Do they not know the word 'trust'? They're so fucking selfish

Dex-chan lover
wasn't it like a month of travel in medieval times time? thats a long time but yeah he can always come back or relocate.
Consider Aetheria is base on HRE, Oiria base on France, Rugoshia base on Italy and Rorutia base on UK and from Chapter 81 which show us that Yoda living in western Celtia. This Celtia might base on Poland or Hungary which by horse would take some week but not a month. (For the Map you can check on izakaya Gen chapter 1)

Dex-chan lover
Interesting, so his gate can only be accessed by each generation, but the door in Nobu can be passed through by the people the store or the God that Resides in the store recognize as part of the store, because I am pretty sure the little girl that works at the store passed the door by following the avatar of the God.

Speculation on my part, but it's certainly interesting. This could also allude to the existence of other gates/door throughout Japan, all governed by a God or gods with different rules attached to them? But to what end? This seems to be more complicated than mere whims.

Dex-chan lover
happy ending, but i also agree that Yoda's family is trash. the wife and daughter better treat him like a fucking EMPEROR if they really sorry for what they did to him

Dex-chan lover
Since Yoda-san only heard about Nobu. Is the other izakaya "Gen" also in this world? or is it a different time period? or is it just really far away from Na Garman?

"Gen" is in Oiria / Oilia, neighbor country

Celestine (their queen regent) had appeared in Gen (not as customer, just mentioned). She was already an adult, but it was before her marriage. So "Gen" is roughly in same time period.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Consider Aetheria is base on HRE, Oiria base on France, Rugoshia base on Italy and Rorutia base on UK and from Chapter 81 which show us that Yoda living in western Celtia. This Celtia might base on Poland or Hungary which by horse would take some week but not a month. (For the Map you can check on izakaya Gen chapter 1)
sure but i don't think he came with horse, there was no indication of that. he seems like a poor sauce salesman he can't afford to.

Dex-chan lover
sure but i don't think he came with horse, there was no indication of that. he seems like a poor sauce salesman he can't afford to.
His home might be near the border and also near the old capital which locate in northern part. Consider that Oilia is the biggest country in the continent. Aethelia might not as big as we though.

Fed-Kun's army
So that means if the Nobus get married and have a kid, they won't be able to go back?

Dex-chan lover
So that means if the Nobus get married and have a kid, they won't be able to go back?
Nope. Yoda come to ”Another World” by Concept of ”Spirited Away” from his hometown. While Nobus Concept seem to be “Torii (God’s Gate)” from the god who live in the small shrine inside the restuarant.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
uhhhh his wife is incredibly toxic...she didn't regret it after all lmao

Double-page supporter
The people who hate his family have no empathy or knowledge about mediaval society at all. You guys just don't understand the intense of abandonment. Wouldn't you want to keep your loved one close to you ar any cost, especially when they could have gone forever? Yoda already said that he had no family in Japan anymore. His responsibility is to his family in another world. The way he acted made his family feel insecure so it is partly his fault, too. He failed to make his family trust him.
I sympathize with his family a lot. I have seen many cases where the husbands abandoned his family, especially with immigrants. The husband moved to the US with his family, then he went back to visit his hometown alone, met another woman and decided to never return to US again, abandoned his family and sending the divorce paper through mail. The wife and children are heartbroken. That happened to a friend of mine and many others Men are easily distracted by new things and women.

Users who are viewing this thread