Isekai Meikyuu de Harem o - Vol. 5 Ch. 30 - Soap (1)

Dex-chan lover
@Liquidxlax
as of right now, it has 9 volumes out, and Vesta was just introduced. judging by how the LN have played out, we are in the middle of the 2nd LN.

HEY! Stupid MC!! You ever heard of ‘friendly fire?’ How dare you shoot off exploding fire elemental magic right past Roxanne’s head in order to blow-up a monster less than ten feet away from her while she’s fight against it in close combat?!! Several times, no less. On multiple occasions, too. If you dare to burn even one hair on her head, or strand of fur on her tail......I WILL OBLITERATE YOUR DUMB FUCKING ASS!!! Just saying. Have a nice day.

Thanks for the chapter update!

Dex-chan lover
What's with the comment section here.. you guys been to the dead sea or something?

Also.. Roxanne is as cute as ever.
Idk how to feel of another harem member.. would've wished this was enough >.>

Why does he feel the need to touch the glass? He should be used to glass, even if it is the first glass he's seen in that world, does he really need to touch it?

Banned
Why in all the unholy fuck would he get a carpet for the fucking wall?! Can he walk on walls now?

Banned
@phoenixir : Tapestries and carpets are similar, but not the same thing. Tapestries are made for vertical orientation, but carpets are made for horizontal orientation, and for that matter, with things being put on them in mind... usually.

Dex-chan lover
@nameslastnames357
his manga is way too slow. All he has done was get Roxanne and bought a house in 30 chapters. Still fighting low tier monsters and taking showers at the end. I don't care about their stupid carpet, its just going to get dirty from all the smex they're going to have on it and end up throwing it away later. When do they actually fight real monsters instead of someone runaway farm animals?
If you don't like the manga exactly as it is now, you are never, ever going to like it. This is exactly how it is from start to finish, there's no evil organizations to overthrow or climactic demon lord battles etc, it's an incredibly slow paced SoL / romance / harem series. It's a series built for very particular tastes and if those tastes aren't yours then you're gonna have a bad time.

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/slave-harem-in-the-labyrinth-of-the-other-world/#comment-2301
For my review on the Webnovel version, which is pretty similar overall to the manga.

@SotiCoto
Oh, before I start, I'm not saying you're 'wrong' or anything, just trying to expand some on what was said.

I'm not certain on the exact definition nor the entomology behind them, so that(those) may clarify the topic.
I actually have read about and/or heard of a couple cultures who do occasionally hang them on walls like this. Some idk why, some it can basically be decorative or the like, or even for religious purposes, and others may 'store' them on the wall, as a decoration, and to help prevent damage being done to them, etc., until taken down to be used during, say a 'medium/large' family meal, guests, etc. Oh, and this damage reduction aspect can also happen when someone has a, rug with sentimental worth. There was also the occasional usages to cover damaged wall and whatnot.
Probably leaving some out, and some mentioned may not have actually been a 'common reason.'

But one can get into a debate about what exactly dis/qualifies what as 'x' or 'y' ; or various issues that arise from translation/explanations irl (and now in text, online.)

Banned
@Otakuman706 : Hmmm.... funny thing, and this may seem a bit tangential... but it always amuses me when people get worked up about their underwear getting stained or whatever.... since the entire purpose of underwear in the first place was to stop outer garments getting stained themselves.
I mean to some extent the same is true of carpets / rugs. Besides their thermal and decorative purposes, they exist to protect the floor from damage... so I find it amusing that people might get attached enough to a rug to try and deprive it of its purpose in order to protect it.
But yeah... people do do those sorts of things.

@SotiCoto
Yeah, I definitely understand that, we are certainly a strange bunch of animals, us humans 🤣

Imo, that also kinda links to part of why I added that bit at the end. Names, definitions, divisions, and everything like that, which we've 'made up', arguing/discussing it opens up a whole thing, a whole complex philosophical discussion. Anyway, it could have kinda 'undercut' my first comment, depending on how I was perceived, so I wanted to mention it. And my comment was already somewhat... pedantic and wordy, even without musing on such a topic. And that's a subject substantial enough I shouldn't be typing about it on a phone, let alone on random comments on an ecchi manga tl 🤣 - though these occasional tangents are one reason I check + enjoy the MD community as much as I do.

More related to this instance, and, imo, a similar thought as your last comment--if it's never even intended to be used as a rug, should it it really be called a rug, or a decoration, or what, and who decides, etc.? Particularly easy to argue about this point, what with the wide range of 'different objects' that are essentially just square/rectangle pieces of fabric.
Also why I didn't want it to seem like I was arguing your original point.
And there's another 'word wall' 😅 Btw I don't wanna get into another long thing, but if you've never read about it, this chat made me think of 'the ship of Theseus'.

Banned
@Otakuman706 : If I run into a situation where I'm left wondering whether something should be a certain way or not... I typically opt for whatever seems most practical.

@SotiCoto
Huh, here's a coincidence. I just saw this posted on youtube-https://youtu.be/Olru-htHSMo
It's random stuff about Russia, but I mention it because at about 4:55, the 5th point, is about their usage of rugs on walls.
Disregarding anything to due with name/identity etc., I just thought it was an interesting coincidence that it was posted shortly after our little convos here 😂

Users who are viewing this thread