Isekai ni Otosareta… Jouka wa Kihon! - Ch. 21.1

Dex-chan lover
Gosh i cant wait for them to take this king & his supporters down. Those poor people :c

Dex-chan lover
This is a very confused manga

It wants to be serious, it wants to be slice of life. It's trying too hard to be both and failing to deliver on both.

Dex-chan lover
Bro the knight having to act like another nut job to thrive there is a real one, hope nothing bad happens to him.
Came here to say something like that.
In a country of assholes, we get someone that actually is a good person inside that nest.

Seriously why it takes so long to cleanse this trash king? They're usually already done by chapter 10 or so
Well, in other stories people one time or another go after the trash king.
This one has the guy... not even reacting really, he has no idea he is attacking back.
And until recently, everyone seemed to be acting just as bad as him. So why would anyone else go after him?

It wants to be serious, it wants to be slice of life. It's trying too hard to be both and failing to deliver on both.
At least the premises kinda fit together as if two sides of the coin. The slice of life improvements lead him to (unknowingly) counter the serious side.

Now, what about that story about the fat kid that crosses a portal and ends up OP, then comes back to a super school where everyone adores him, while at the same time on the other side of the portal a fantasy plot is waiting for him but he asks them to wait for the extended holiday?

Dex-chan lover
You guys hating the king on this chapter but it's honestly the smart move after dozens of slaves ran away after their crests were suddenly removed. Logic trumps emotions

Dex-chan lover
On the other hand, I think I'd actually enjoy the slice of life parts and have the kingdom side plot only show up when the the MC personally experiences it themselves.
The novel's chapters are split by character. There are a lot of characters, including characters never seen again that get chapters.

This is actually more MC than you would expect for this part of the story lol

Dex-chan lover

That's just how the novels are. The MC is very dense, for plot reasons, not your usual trope, there is a legitimate reason for his attitude and action.

And there is always massive, overarching plot going on in the background he is completely unaware of but is influencing. MC chapters are nearly always slow living, while every other character's is serious.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter :glee:
Ujzxnrz.gif

Dex-chan lover
On one side of the world, they're smuggling slaves out of the country and planning a full-on assault against the forest. The other side just discovered wheat.

I hope the king suffers at the hands of the beast men and the kings of the forest. Just waiting for that day

Dex-chan lover
Well, I saw the web novel link on the main page here on mangadex, since people seem to be so curious as to the fate of the king:
The king's doom has already been set when the big magic stone cracked, for that is what kept his age paused for hundreds of years.That crack will spread, until eventually splitting the stone in half.The king dies suddenly when his age quickly corrects itself, and he dries up lika a mummy

Dex-chan lover
I waited a while so there was more to read, man the SoL parts and the horror kingdom stuff really clash. I just spend the whole time reading the fluffy parts thinking "This is nice and all but hard to want to feel fluffy when literal slavery, rape and murder are happening partly as a result of all this fluffiness"

Users who are viewing this thread