Isekai ni Otosareta… Jouka wa Kihon! - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Aggregator gang
@boraaboraa

I’d have to disagree that a story can be good without a plot. Still I’ll keep reading because I’m isekai trash lol

But other manga have achieved better world building in a few pages where this ones a mess two chapters in.

I don't know what's happening anymore but let's enjoy the ride! Just go with the flow like MC 🤣

Aggregator gang
The real problem with this manga and a lot of fantasy isekai is this concept of "imaaaaaaaagination" being the crux of magic. There is nothing that the author has to do to prove that a character can/can't imagine something. It's all about making your character as competent as possible without the need to justify it.

I imagine this trope comes from authors who were seriously shit at school and wanted to create a world where your creative mind is all that matters, and you can just mindlessly let your critical mind rot away like an egg salad in direct sunlight.

But the thing I question most is this idea that people from 500 years ago had no imagination. Remember, these are the people who invented the pyramids, religion, and thought that matter had an elevation hierarchy. The problem with people back then was a lack of scientific understanding, not creativity. But these authors just want it to be the other way for the escapist fantasy.

Fed-Kun's army
@Aretheus
You make it sound as if most superstitions are not founded in man's drive to critically understand the world around him. How your understanding of how lightning works was derived is no different from the process through which ancient pagan's tried to derive understanding of it. You're just in different contexts with different amounts of information.

Furthermore, you seem to be conflating "imagination" with "abstraction". If I were to make any statements concerning why the conclusions reached by earlier man would be different. It would be that intellectuals favored deductive over inductive reasoning.

Dex-chan lover
With imagination magic power like that he can just chant "Summon Waifu".

Fed-Kun's army
@Aretheus
have imagination/a mental image strengen the magic, I think the "I said make me average" is one of the better examples of this, its not saying old civilizations did not know things, but your knowledge of the world does affect how far you can take the effect. The first group of friends being an example, and the healer being another one who thought knowledge of the human body can heal better, but what's required is the mental image.

when did the first person come up with the idea that maybe air is 'something', we had thousands of years prior to that were we had no idea or limited idea, but one person had an thought and proved it and it changes how our world works. its not hard to imagine a world where that thought hasn't happened yet, or where magic is the backbone and such a strong one that the research doesn't go further then 'magic works' imagine fire being easy to make but a wide spread damaging fire being hard due to magic use. how many people would think 'lets find a better way to do this' and never think there may be a better way to cast the spell... I can tell you its a minority of a minority that would think that way, just given video games and how many people minmax, but add onto that no good reason to share info or knowledge, and you have a recipe for stagnation.

@Add1152000
This is the beauty of isekai, the framework is already there to not need worldbuilding, we can assume several things already, im going to take a look at the raws and see, if one of the ways I see this going is right... next chapter is world building, and it seems this story is going more or less how I predicted it would go when mc didn't find town early on, without translation, I cant say for sure if this is going to go the exact way I think. the best way to look at this is the farming isekai for its setting.

Fed-Kun's army
I bet a trillion dollars that the bird is going to transform to a woman

Users who are viewing this thread