Isekai Yakkyoku - Ch. 55.2 - CHAPTER 55 The Palle and the Otherworldly Pharmacy (Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
Like, I am not complaining because it is always good to have someone willing to translate but I don't get why even post it when it is a chapter that was uploaded before with better quality than the one being posted now.

It is not terrible but it is pretty bad and in urgent need of some editing.

Dex-chan lover
We're pretty quick to complain about MTL, but maybe this is a newbie redrawer/typsetter trying to figure out how to do things on their own by recreating someone else's work?

I may be being too generous.

Edit: Definitely being too generous. They're trying to snipe the next chapter and the TL quality there is absolutely MTL.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
We're pretty quick to complain about MTL, but maybe this is a newbie redrawer/typsetter trying to figure out how to do things on their own by recreating someone else's work?

Definitely too generous, as if that was the case then they would have done some proofreading at least. This is straight (obviously) incorrect mtl.

But you do make a good point in that all translators should start releasing their intermediary data, so mtl could actually use it for training and start actually be good.
  1. original raws
  2. the text regions identified for ocr (aka text, inside and outside bubbles)
  3. the ocr results
  4. the ocr results after human QC
  5. the translation of the text
  6. the regions identified for redrawing (aka text outside bubbles)
  7. the result of redrawing said regions (possibly both without any text, and the region english text is superimposed, depending on how this works).
Then maybe people could manage to actually train a couple proper AI's on some of those steps (image + regions -> identify regions with text; region with text + QC transcribed text -> transcribing text; translation ai's exist already but could train them further to improve in the context of manga; same for drawing out features), and then create a pipeline using them and their results (and simple operations like cropping out the region to hand to next ai).

Large amounts of labeled data is always the holy grail.

Group Leader
Wtf is this... my eyes hurt...

Dont snipe on this so fast you too fast and the quality is quite garbage, why you dont try it on another dropped translation like "last year" update or 2 years ago since its latest release. There's so much dropped manga like that.

Double-page supporter
Yep this is the guy that's been MTL'ing "Isekai Yururi Kikou" and I'm glad I didn't read more than 1 chapter he did.
Doing MTL is fine, but it's not just that: it's the typesetting, the proofread by someone speaking English better than the average 'murican, the consistency check (names), the raw/cleaning quality... all of it is lacking.

Dex-chan lover
I don't really understand why someone decides to snipe a series with an active group working on it and does a much worse job of it. I mean, even if you don't have the means to do a decent job there's plenty of series without an active translator that could use someone.

Fed-Kun's army

Edit: Definitely being too generous. They're trying to snipe the next chapter and the TL quality there is absolutely MTL.
Are you kidding me? This is way past being genereous already. Hell, I'd love if translators actually knew the language they translated to, but that rarely seems to be the case and I've developed suitably low standards. This however, is really the bottom of the barrel. No, actually it's like an illustrated guide on how not to scanlate. Everything that could have been done wrong here, was. EVERYTHING. It's amazing in it's own way. I'm not really certain if this isn't a troll upload.

Dex-chan lover
Welp, this guy's releases are hot trash. Time to block this uploader, I guess...

This is almost as bad as some of the recent translations for that isekai where mc takes care of twins who are the kids of some god.
Even the horribly blurry image quality is similar, not just the tl quality.
If you check the TL group/name, it is the same person, which is doubly pissing me off

Dex-chan lover
I can somewhat understand if you uploaded this earlier, but after an actual translation got uploaded? And you're uploading the split chapter too? Why? My best bet would be "They uploaded ch 55 already but it'd be a shame not to upload mine so here goes nothing", right? :huh:
irrc they uploaded 55.1 before the other group uploaded the full chapter, then their upload got deleted

Fed-Kun's army
This is almost as bad as some of the recent translations for that isekai where mc takes care of twins who are the kids of some god.
Even the horribly blurry image quality is similar, not just the tl quality.
Isn't that this same translator?

Users who are viewing this thread