Jimi na Kensei wa Sore Demo Saikyou Desu

The problem with having a boring protagonist as your gimmick is just that, your protagonist is boring, I reread it after ages and it’s just so mediocre, there did seem to be some sort of plot direction but it wasn’t that interesting and it seemed to move at a snails pace, there were some good characters but they weren’t developed very well and some were just one note.
Catch 22, you keep your protagonist boring forever in order to fit his so called character, in exchange you’ll never be able to develop him further than that label otherwise he wouldn’t be a boring swordsaint.

Uggh i thought it was gonna be good but.... i dropped it when the mc becomes the girls bitch
IT WAS LIKE THE MC GOT NO CHOICE FOR HIMSELF. SURE HE BECAME A SAGE STILL HE SHOULD HAVE
PERSONAL CHOICES THAT'S WHERE THE STORY GOT BORING AS HELL THE MC IS JUST A PUPPET BEING
MANIPULATED BY THE SIDE CHARACTER A SOLID 2/100

Dex-chan lover
I think starting out by calling your main character boring in the title might not be the best way to set up a story.

When a random LATE introduced persian guy steals the main girl and is the main person on the cover you know this manga is utter dogshit.
One of the worst plot/mc/romance pairing I have ever seen..

sigh......
MC did not need to apologize for acting humble. Sure, the Sopeid Family's reputation might have slowed its rise in fame, but they need to know the person, not a tool, they are commanding, and the power he wields is in gratitude, debt and loyalty, not a puppet dancing on their palms. They may command him to show off his strength to further their goals, but know arrogance is not his nature.

Dex-chan lover
@diseaseguy a lot the authors, when they try to make the protagonist "cool and collected" ended up making them autistic. They just don't know how to write a "human" character, probably limited by their own life experiences.

Also @konzolmester, is right, this manga is shit, but more reasons than one.

Ahh yes another chapter. Finishing an unimportant fight with some random woman for reasons that don't matter. Page through it and the poorly executed motivational speech she's given, and now... It's time for the most exciting part. To read the comments! Anguish. Rage. Disgust. Terror. People attacking the manga! People defending the manga! Emotional heights this manga could never hope to reach. THIS is the real entertainment.

MD@Home
Bruh... these people coming back to this manga again and again just to read it and comment how bad it is... if you didn't enjoy it the first few times what makes you believe you will enjoy it the next one XD?! As for the flaws for this manga... the most glaring one right now I think is the pacing, it definitely feels lacking and just incomplete with how each chapter is written and the length, the length might be something that can't be helped if the creators are already pushing it. But for the writing, I think they could do better trying to deliver a more complete story with each chapter, it's like each chapter has only one idea and it's mainly focused on just finishing delivering it and that's it. All the aforementioned and the fact that it's a monthly release just makes it really hard to swallow though I do enjoy it, even when you are left feeling as if the whole thing wasn't finished and that you gotta wait for another month for the next "portion" of the chapter.

I'm actually here to compare the manga to the light novel, and wow are they leaving quite a bit of story out. Shouzo (the mage guy) had his backstory reduced to a single page even though it took up a sizable portion of book 2, and they've introduced the people from house Disea (Pandora) during the Domino arc while they've only had had brief mentions and a couple side chapters in the novel (currently at book 4). I can certainly understand the pacing problem considering how much content is being cut out. It's also giving the manga a lighter tone than the novel. For example: in the novel version, when Sansui is showing Ran the difference between them he's much more unforgiving in the battle; using his wooden sword to beat her down and then telling her he regrets not killing her when he first fought her. Sansui does a lot of contemplating the difference between himself as an immortal (or sage in the manga terms) and the rest of humanity.

TL;DR The light novel is better

The plot man.. our MC trained hundreds of years just to be commanded by some bratty ojou-sama. The personality of the ojou also ticks me off, being high and mighty because the MC is backing her up

The point is all that setting for our MC and he chose to become a servant and much worse from a shitty brat, politics here and there. not the story i expeted

also the MC is a wimp and naive even that hundreds of years experience. meh the title should be "Even if the Sword Saint is naive, we can still use him'

Dex-chan lover
I love trash mangas. This is not trash, just bad. A 4 cause it had enough to binge-watch. Not enough to actually keep up with it.

Dont read until the translators change, the current translators cut the episode up so the cliffhanger are sudden and shitty even among cliffhangers, if you slant head my warning and have a hard time with cliff hangers it's likely you will drop this manga

Lol we all hoping the mc cut ties with the ojou-sama when the daughter grows up into an adult, I have a feeling it not gonna happen tho.😭

The plot was decent but then it just nose dived into mediocrity.

Mc is op but he's being pushed around by some snot nosed bitch because he needed someone to take care of his daughter. Mc is literally a pawn and he knows it but he doesn't care, wtf is he so humble too like besides your master you're probably the most powerful human why the fuck do you gotta humble yourself?? does a wolf lower itself down to be a rabbit because tigers exist? no of course they don't. Just because a powerful being exist doesn't mean you can't accept compliments and put yourself higher than those lower than you it just doesn't make sense.

The side characters are all annoying children who do nothing but complain or compliment the Mc they're literally cheerleaders for this dude.

The plot is average, the characters are cliché, the Mc is a wooden plank and the art is alright.

5.4/10

Characters are shit, plot is meh, art is boring. One of the most mediocre manga known to man. MC is as entertaining as plank from ed, edd and eddy.

Users who are viewing this thread