Jinrouki Winvurga

@orb4eva Try reading Knight Run. It is a very good manhwa about empowered female protagonist and empowered female antagonist in a very far future. The gender imbalance have been pretty much solved because of technology - women can now do ANYTHING that a men can do, and even more (like having children - men still cannot do that). Yet there is a huge war going on. And female antagonist is personally responsible for killing billions of humans. Not by accident, but deliberately and not for a good reason, but simply because she disliked most humans and had the power to end them.

Also, an interesting article - "Throughout history, queens were more likely to wage war than kings", if you think that men are the sole reasons for wars.

Dex-chan lover
@CuddleStruggle Thanks for the rec I guess? If it is indeed just a rec, I appreciate it! i do enjoy reading female led media. I hope you are not under the impression that I don't think women can be bad people. I enjoy reading about violent female antagonists to contrast unnecessarily fluffy portrayals of women.

I read the article! Very interesting, and I liked the explanations for the statistic, since ofc women are not predisposed to being more violent. I do not think that men are the sole reasons for war, but I am aware that many more men have had positions of leadership (potentially due to sexist societal standards ), and therefore were/are more likely and able to exploit power for personal gain. Not that I don't think war is sometimes necessary, though.

@orb4eva men are not in the position of leaders because sexist societal standards. Men are physiologically and psychologically different from women.when we are hunter gatherers men are usually the hunters while women are mostly child rearers. This cause men to be more opportunistic and risk taking while women tend to be more passive and take less risk. Women are considered genetically superior to men. While men are more physiologically superior.

I don't want to start an argument but I wanted to have a nice and peaceful conversation. I believe women in the first world are really treated really well and their are no societal standards on them. Remember percentage of women in health care are higher than men because of said differences.

This story is all about evoking strong emotional responses by showing a lot of sexual violence each chapter to keep readers hooked on that brooding anger. So yeah, the author has to show that stuff every chapter or you might break out of the cycle. =P

@Freestyle Some people just feel the need to validate their points of view, regardless of knowing they're talking to the wrong audience.
Annoying.

Cons: So much drama on MC
Lose, desperate then "zap" MC got OP. Repeat.
Profit

Dex-chan lover
To some of the comments ^^ my first comment was a rant/complaint that was about the manga/manga-adjacent and was therefore absolutely relevant; the rest: well, you Should be calling out sexist/problematic ideals as you see them <3 but ofc I doubt some people would ever do that 😉 Isekaijin continues to not follow his own advice of leaving media he finds annoying alone </3 f

Dex-chan lover
@tanate Sure, I do believe that the physiological difference may have played a bigger role in the past, but today, in first-world countries, physical strength usually means absolutely nothing at all. So that does not explain the vast disparities put between women and men in leadership positions today. Considering that, it is far more likely that the difference is due to societal views/standards placed on women.

Especially when you consider things like: women have fewer leadership positions despite girls/women outperforming boys/men in academics starting from adolescence, women will be equally as confident in their performance as underperforming men despite having much better results, women are constantly being told by men that the playing field is equal despite constantly sharing experiences of work discrimination or observations of implicit bias, women being seen as "less intelligent or less qualified" than men despite having generally equal levels of intelligence (but higher levels of emotional intelligence which AIDS in leadership), and so on and so forth. (There are a lot of really interesting articles on this stuff btw!! Might be fun to read up on them)

All of these and a LOT more suggest that there are absolutely societal reasons as to why women are in less positions of leadership. There are really a lot of studies that explore the destructive force that bias is on women in the workforce! It's really interesting, but also very unfortunate.

If you still want to talk feel free to private message me!

also: it might be hard to tell in text-form but this is all sarcasm-free btw, i am just occasionally engaged in the topic

@orb4eva Please stop ranting about that in the comment section of the manga. It really is annoying when people rant about bullshit. Though it is allowed i guess but please do it in moderation or in private.

What the hell kind of trainwreck did I stumble into by looking at the comments. I only wanted to see if someone else got a chortle out of the description saying "millenial robot".

Dex-chan lover
@Paximan Hm. Besides my initial completely appropriate comment, you do realize that everything else i said was a reply right? The fact that you would only say something about MY comments... might say something about you... 😳😉😂

People fighting for a manga what isn't for them, guys just read the damn story Japan is diferent your country

Do people really consider this a serious story? There's nothing but rape in it, it's basically nasty hentai with little else to it. Why is anyone critiquing or defending this thing so seriously? This isn't worth the effort.

Aggregator gang
@HalfMetalJacket do you know kid these days have emotional control problem ? . they only know how to rate 0 or 10 and nothing between ! they always believe them self are right and other not share the same ideal are some what heretic

man this manga hits every checklist on my hentai check. any manga with a lot of rape but the mc is a powerful one? this shit is amazing

@dreminh

People are entitled to their own opinion so long as they don't force them on others. What makes me facepalm is how people give manga shit in the comments yet keep reading, only to give more shit when new chapters come out.

I mean, don't like it? Go read something else, it's not a science.

Also, someone else here on MangaDex commented how the average internet user lacks the brain capacity to rate stuff with anything between 1 and 10. For me this series deserves a good 6.5/10, it's no masterpiece but it's good entertainment and that's what matters most.

Users who are viewing this thread