Kamitachi ni Hirowareta Otoko - Vol. 6 Ch. 30

Dex-chan lover
@CBC : Or, given her power is healing/curing, maybe it's a resistance boosting/speeding up illness recovery effect.

Where during the period of her miracle, everyone's resistance towards 'illnesses' increased so much that the threshold where people will actually 'get sick' become much higher.
(remember that Kufo said it's not completely all gone, just the number of people who got sick were drastically lower)

holy shit guys , this is the first manga that tries to explain why a isekai mc with 20+ years of life experience behaves like a lil kid when he actually should behave like an adult

so many times i read mangas where the mc is a teen with a total of 30+ years of life experience and behaves so stupid/naive/braty and im like "wtf dude , stop behaving like a fucking kid"

the chapter that unintentionally tells ryouma that porking the duke's daughter is ok!

Thank you for the chapter Haruparty!

@OsoJr I also thought about how there's all the medical tools and written books that are still left. The saint didn't order order for those things to get destroyed, so even though it's been centuries there's got to be knowledge left behind.

Well, we all know studying medicine and advanced biology is not cheap. What we term elementary education is probably still only given to those going into trade or nobility. Maybe Ryouma hasn't met the last remaining group that still follows scientific research and medical practice as we know it. His group of acquaintance is small small, but powerful for the area.

@OsoJr I mean, I'm both surprised and not surprised by the regression of medical knowledge.

On one hand, yes, no one knew about her powers, and the knowledge already existed. It'd only be natural that something that would save lives gets passed down.

On the other hand, all serious or fatal diseases (and perhaps even minor diseases as well) had practically been wiped out from the would for four entire centuries. Multiple generations of people. The people who originally lived through times where diseases were serious threats that needed much effort to treat and precautions had to be actively taken to avoid diseases all probably died within the first century. The generations who came after only had secondhand knowledge about the importance of disease prevention and treatment, and even those who entered the field of medicine wouldn't have firsthand experience on treating and researching said diseases because they had been wiped out by the saint. That in and of itself would decrease the value of the profession, and less people would be willing to go into such a field for a career as a result.

The longer people go without having to deal with a threat, the less vigilant they will be, especially if their grandparents, parents, friends, children, AND grandchildren almost never had to deal with the seriousness of the issue firsthand. As that much time passes, the importance and value placed on such knowledge by the people will naturally dwindle. In an age where knowledge was transcribed in parchment and books, the original documents would have deteriorated, and the transcribing of said knowledge that people have placed less importance on over several generations of records may become sloppier bit by bit, until it is completely lost.

Dex-chan lover
@Chaeden I'm with you with 99%, but I think there's reincarnators (like the mc) and people that were sent there with their body intact (saionji).

I don't get why people are getting that mad at the saint, sure she was super naive and even the gods acknowledged her as kind of dumb, but she still kept dying from a disease for friggin 400 years, also the butler and the grandpas looks old too, so the life expectancy wasn't short (More than 50 years).

sad part is that the medicine knowledge got cut, but there's still studious people there that can help to restore and continue the progress in that line.

@Tanzklaue well yeah, well he didn't react to cat lady or the other woman adventure or even the duke's wife.

There's this other series where the MC is pretty much a saint and reincarnated with his memory (living a long life after having like 100 descendants, kids and grandkids) and that MC is perfectly fine with his loli fiancee (they have the same age)... only problem is the shotacon queen that clearly wants to get on the lil boy pants (making his fiancee her sister so the MC pretty much will get a harem kind of forced)

Dex-chan lover
Hmm. I don't think the Saint was bad or wrong. But she was only a kind child, at best. Looking at her pre-isekai, she seems very young. Then she was given that power, which limited her hardships to miniscule amounts. No hardship, no progress. So her childish mentality is a given.

What surprises me is her kindness. Most children are innately and innocently cruel, not understanding that other people suffer like they do.

Dex-chan lover
So... Are the Gods trying to get strong isekai people to destroy their souls with a wish to improve their world? Seems like it when he tells Ryouma about it. Removing your existence removes the experience of life even if you had no memories of the last. Dreams can be pretty envigorating and if anything its like seeing different lives you lived and the things you could potentially do. Like your body saying keep going push harder see more, do more.

@pokperson1000 like knowing why kids are given allowance rather than having parents buy everything to teach kids the concept of money, budgeting and saving. There are a lot of parents who just give their kids money when they ask, buy them what they want or just give them a credit card. Though I do blame consumerism and always that elitism many having in needing to own the latest and greatest all the time.

Dex-chan lover
Niceee, finally an isekai where this age thing is discussed. It also means that the world is giving a green light to MC and that one girl's romance.

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone tbh given that fact I can already see the reason why she wanted to heal people

You know cause she probably died young from an incurable disease I can’t really fault her for doing what she did relying on miracles considering science did not save her and i guess her wanting to get pampered also gets rooted in her having that disease tbh you can make a story out of this even for the food guy.

But that’s just my head canon when I saw her story.

Dex-chan lover
Less so than the saint, I'm pretty mad at these gods that are acting like destroying one's soul is a good thing. I feel like he's kinda scummy for selling that as a beneficial way to affect change.

I'm glad this was actually thought out about how he was a person from another world with those memories but he lives within an 11 year old body so TAKE IT EASY MAN

Dex-chan lover
This might be the only isekai I've actually seen go out of its way to specifically mention some of the stuff this chapter touched on, like how some of the reincarnated people just didn't have the motivation to do much or lacked the knowledge required to do what they wanted. Half the MCs out there feel like they have access to Wikipedia or something with how they do things, so it's refreshing to see a nod towards the opposite. The blatant "yes, your childish body is making you act more childlike" is a bit of a rarity as well, I've had to mention that as mere speculation a number of times for various series.

Users who are viewing this thread