Kanojo, Okarishimasu - Vol. 21 Ch. 177 - The Girlfriend and the Tiger’s Den (Part 2)

I'm going to add this as evidence as to why Kazuya and Chizuru would make for poor romantic partners.
Collapsed for space:
This is one of those rare times where Kazuya's feeling are understandable, and justified. He looks and feels out of place, I feel bad for the guy in this scenario.
With that being said, I can't understand why people are praising Chizuru for anything other than her looks. I'm a bit upset with her, even though she's proving me right that Kazuya and Chizuru communicate poorly with each other. Chizuru failed to communicate basic expectations for the party, such as dress expectations. Kazuya's appearance communicates to the reader that he is out of place as he's wearing a t-shirt with what I presume is a sports coat, slacks(?), and the shoes he wears to work. He had two weeks to plan his outfit and still missed the mark. If Chizuru had communicated what type of wear was expected Ex: business, business casual, formal... he would have been better prepared. Chizuru obviously knew what was expected and dressed accordingly, everybody there is dressed either more formally than Kazuya, or more fashionably. Kazuya was so out of the loop in relation to what was expected that he almost wore a hoodie

Next Chizuru failed to show the most basic of consideration for Kazuya upon entering the party. After introducing Kazuya to Umi and doing a small formal greeting (the only thing Chizuru did right), she allows herself to be dragged off (like a set piece with no will of its own) by another friend abandoning Kazuya. At the very least she could've waved Kazuya over. For those who don't know, if you bring a friend to a party, especially a "high society" party where you're expected to greet certain people:
1. Bring your friend and greet the host of the party
2. Find a group of friends that you'd be comfortable leaving your friend with
3. Introduce your friend, give a brief backstory on how you met, and list some of their interests (preferably some interests shared by others in the group
4. Let them know that you have to go greet some other people and that you will return shortly
5. Return to your friend after conducting your formalities
Chizuru returning to Kazuya later was the very least she could've done after abandoning him, and she knew he was uncomfortable in this environment.

I've seen several people note that this could be Umi trying to show Kazuya that Chizuru and him exist in very different worlds. This may be confirmation bias, but I've stated in the past that a truly happy long term relationship between the two is not possible, at the very least sustaining the marriage comes at a great cost. Kazuya is clearly not comfortable where he is at, and if he wishes to support Chizuru at every turn not only will there be more nights like this, but he will also have to give up on taking over the family business, and his dreams of having a large family. On the other hand, if Chizuru wishes to make Kazuya happy, she will have to give up on her dreams of becoming a famous actress.

This is not to say Chizuru and Kazuya don't like each other, but rather to question why anybody is praising Chizuru for returning to Kazuya. The two just exist in incompatible worlds, one will have to step across to the other's world, leaving behind what they wanted in life.

Fed-Kun's army
I can't tell if this is the start of a new story arc or the ending of an ongoing arc from the 'confession' bit.

Double-page supporter
I see people are still whining about the story being slow instead of just dropping it like they say they will every week.

Y'all are doing this to yourselves at this point. Miyajima's gonna do as he will and none of you can stop him. Y'all want a real shit show that's worth complaining about? Go read Prison School. Lord knows that shit was a fucking waste.

Aggregator gang
Kazuya got a taste of reality now. Did chizuru leave him on his own devices out of consideration? Maybe. Either way it would've been awkward for him. Kazuya cannot socialize with these people.

We can debate that she shouldn't have invited kazuya at all, or at least give clearer details on what kind of party it was. But kazuya himself should have an inkling of how its going to be. The host is Umi for goodness sake - its not gonna be a walk in the park. Everyone wants to impress here.

It's not all morbid though. Chizuru will reconcile with kazuya. I think the point is here even if they live in different worlds, chizuru will come back to him, as long as he keeps chasing her/being close.

However, he has to deal with Umi next. And boy i think Kazuya will really rethink his decisions after this.

Geez. Every week there’s this “I can’t handle this shit anymore, I’m dropping this, waste of time.” Hahaha! Just do it already. Cry babies. 🤣

I’m just gonna enjoy every ounce of this. Hope we can get Mami again for some drama but I think Umi will do for now. Hahaha!

Aggregator gang
@Whatever0501 @Boomergeist theyre just background noise at this point tbh.

People will shit on us for gatekeeping this series but for those who know exactly what type of manga this is knows how to not make a big deal about the pacing and the author's intent.

We just wanna read about our dumb college boi and his girlfriends in peace

That part where she tells him "let's eat" with that look on her face says it all. She loves him as much as he loves her. They just have to weather the misunderstandings.

next chapter mizuhara gonna let kazuya (or someone) know that she doesn't like the men fawning over her like he was getting upset about, but she has to do it as an actress or some shit. then kazuya will internalize it and try and stop fawning over mizuhara for 1 panel.

Oh I was nervous when dude was pulling her away. I don't want to see Kaz getting cucked. But if she came back to him after 5 MINUTES, oh, that girl ready to be the wife.

I feel like Umi is trying to be a wingman with all this, he knows Chizuru loves Kazuya and I think he wants to give a push in this situation. Let's see what we get next week.

@S0viet_Noob

Yeah you might be right, but the MC is fucking pissing me of.
yeah yeah he is anti social and shy, but his degeneracy and extreme insecurity is fucking making me puke.
I'm not hating social anxiety people here, it's just he way it's depicted in this shit show manga. Both MCs are stubborn and If I was there id fucking make it hell for the MC until he fucking actually stand up for himself.
And If I was a girl, I'd fucking give the pathetic MC some fake attention to force the FeMC to say the fucking 3 words to end this godforsaken obviously dragged out manga.
Or the author is also degenerate and looks at people depicted in his work.

@andrmnh

This is not "dumb college romance", this is retarded degeneracy. I'm not hating on you tho, just the manga itself I hate this "misunderstanding trope", NTR and rape happens because of that trope. then the MC just stands there jerking off to the image of the FeMC getting gang banged by everyone. replace the MC with the better one and it'll be a lot better.

Actually, fuck my other comments. now that I think about it FeMC is a selfish bitch, why is she dragging this shit out. We well know that she knows that the MC likes her and maybe (idk) she likes him too.

I still don't like the MC I believe he should be given some slack since he did tried his best, and now this bitch is putting him in an uncomfortable situation to what? brood? tsundere? oh fuck off, at this point she is becomingly worst like the MC's ex gf. Why is she doing this for? to make him look pathetic? is she considering his feelings? I mean the MC has the courtesy to at least (to some degree) consider her feelings maybe.

If it was me I would feel disrespected, not even as a "romantic interest" but as a friend. I wouldn't want to put a friend of mine in a situation where they will feel shit and leave em alone like a dog, especially after the interactions that happened in the manga (in the context of being friends).

in conclusions, both are cunts and I would not want to be friends with these asswipes.

Users who are viewing this thread