Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san - Vol. 20 Ch. 177 - Summer Festival

Dex-chan lover
I got into reading romcom manga because of Takagi san S1, so it feels extremely weird, such a bittersweet feeling.

Dex-chan lover
6 years ago, I installed Mangarock just so i could read this manga (and also Nagatoro, I guess), this i how I got into manga, and also How I almost completely stopped watching anime

It's crazy to think that it's over.

nice closure to end this journey
thanks for the translation
one of the best romance / slice of life series for sure

Dex-chan lover
i’m not crying, you’re crying. Dear god, this was such a good story. I probably had more fun reading this than I had any right to but I did. It was a wonderful journey.

Dex-chan lover
Aaaa I can't believe this finally ended. Thankfully the sequel still ongoing.

Anyway a satisfying conclusion and the confession is pretty good. Kinda wish this ended with Nishikata winning once but I guess that's an impossibility.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, of all of this author's works, this is by far my absolute favorite...

But why end it so soon??? They just started dating??? Couldn't we have more cute slice of life stories with them dating???

And maybe high school??? And college????

Dex-chan lover
Congrats on completing the series, thank you for the chapter.

I’m glad the author did not just roll with something inconclusive. It’s nice to see Nishikata realized his feelings and took action. Good for you, boy, so I would say.
Though, till the end we never know Takagi’s first name. :ROFLMAO:
With a series about their married life being ongoing, it'd be pretty lame if the author didn't do something conclusive :ROFLMAO:

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, of all of this author's works, this is by far my absolute favorite...

But why end it so soon??? They just started dating??? Couldn't we have more cute slice of life stories with them dating???

And maybe high school??? And college????
I guess the author felt it unnecessary to go past the confession since we get to see their married life and time raising their daughter, the series might have gotten a bit stale trying to do everything in between

Dex-chan lover
I guess the author felt it unnecessary to go past the confession since we get to see their married life and time raising their daughter, the series might have gotten a bit stale trying to do everything in between
The problem is that way too many stories end once the couple goes out... it's like authors can't write stuff before dating...

Dex-chan lover
I haven't read this title in in quite a while... considered her more Gaslighting Master Takagi, but figured I'd read the chapter.

Good for them.

Maybe I'll go back and read the rest eventually.

Dex-chan lover
Huh, that's weird, his "Today, I'm gonna confess to Takagi" brought a tear to my eye. I thought I was prepared for this. I've been waiting for this chapter for close to a decade.

I would have really loved to see some of their awkward romance as they figure out the pace of going out, since by the time the sequel comes out they've already got a kid and all. But man, finally seeing this end has me all emotional.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
I never thought I'd see the day where this ended lol, unironically thought it would go on forever.

I was hoping we would get a hint of who Chi's biological father was seeing as she isn't Nishikata's biological daughter :smugnako: Oh well, for now I'll assume it was somebody Takagi met in high school or somebody she hangs around with while Nishikata is at work.
Cope, seethe, and mald 😎
These two love each other, and will do so forever.

Dex-chan lover
Sweet, delicious, satisfying cliche ending. Mildly disappointed we didn't get a high school or college time skip, but I read this for the simple dopamine hit and it delivered.

Thanks to all in the credits for bringing it to us plebeians.

Users who are viewing this thread