Karate Baka Isekai - Ch. 7.2 - Karate vs Dragon Rider (2)

Dex-chan lover
@Chet31 Never heard about the tarrasque ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6fG6kjMQYQ
A small country sized behemoth or leviathan could also give a run for his money to truck-san...

By the way flying creatures usually has hollow bones and a lighter overall body internals than their land based equivalent...
When the wyvern crashed down it didn't damage the ground that much so it must be pretty light for its size.

ah so we have a meathead protag, I guess that is what it takes to fight a drake using Karate.

Fed-Kun's army
Well, he has some reason to give the king the benefit of the doubt. Other nobles treat some races and citizens as beneath them, the king however did not try to hide his daughter with an half-elf lover and in fact made her officially a royal princess.
He could just continue watching in order to see how far Karate dude could make it, and if he could he would know he was worth recruiting. Since its a world already familiar with people ISEKAID they either:
1. Have a lot of them and only a few are worth their salt, in which case its better to see how far he could go.
or
2. Have very few of them and they are all extremely good. So by those expected standards he already expected him to win.

Either way they do know about cheat skills so its not like the king would expect the guy to not have a trump up his sleeve. He watched mid-way so he probably doesnt know that he doesnt have one either.

Dex-chan lover
Wise king, peace negotiations and a admittance of "My head is yours to take."

@hippoanon

The king beat him in negotiations. Our MC may show excellent strength in combat, but the king didn't want such unneeded violence in his manor. Let alone from a inflated egotistical lard bucket.

Dex-chan lover
a true king simply is he need not show his majesty or power that is what separates him from pretenders

my titanium dog eyes are blind. is that an actual real king in an isekai?

Man this is my first Isekai or maybe I am forgetting one where the king is neither dumb, evil, corrupted, scheming, or all of the above.

Dex-chan lover
@Succubewbs well there is Genjitsushugisha no Oukokukaizouki who ceded the throne to the main character because he was simply more adapt at ruling

Dex-chan lover
@zenyo In France, we stopped the Tarrasque with a belt, love, and stones. Ain't got nothing on karate, or truck-kun, this puny creature.

Dex-chan lover
@Muriuki : I was talking about the fantasy/D&D version (the one written with 2 "R") as the one from Tarascon is written with only one (and is waaay smaller)...

Mais elle repose plus ou moins sur le même mélange bizarroïde d'animaux, avec une carapace ornée de pointes sur le dos, la version D&D/fantasy est juste extraordinairement massive, virtuellement immortelle et capable de détruire tout ce qu'elle englouti (dieux, artefacts, etc...).
Du moment que ça atteint ses estomacs c'est fini, si elle avait existé dans la terre du milieu, ils auraient probablement catapulté frodon dans sa bouche avec l'anneau unique et le problème aurait été réglé vite fait 💩 ...).

Dex-chan lover
oof for a second he was being a man and then he had to turn into a japanese boy

Dex-chan lover
@zenyo
En effet, la Tarasque de D&D est pratiquement classée comme un désastre naturel. =/ Y'a juste rien à faire quand y'en a une qui passe. Mais c'est heureusement assez rare.

I see japanese imperialism still hold strong in japan lol "BORN TO BE KING" born to be guillotiner plutôt :p.

This chapter was terribly written.

He clearly wanted to have a meeting between 2 characters; a stirring scene where the two discuss matters, and the strong protagonist acknowledges the king as an equal, but instead we get a really awkward scene where nothing is really sorted out and the protag decides he loses to the king for no real discernable reason. Just because.

The King apparently has a regal bearing and manner, though it isn't explained how, and because of that the baddass karate master who takes down dragons with his bare hands just straight up "loses". Somehow.

The author is obviously better at writing and drawing action scenes than character-driven ones.

Users who are viewing this thread