Kemono Jihen - Vol. 13 Ch. 48 - Shining Maple Leaves

Kaede is such a jackass, but I can’t help but loving him. I really enjoy his and Akagi’s dynamic

Aggregator gang
KOOOONNNN

Damn so Akagi is gay for Kaede, uh? Can't blame him, he a whole ass doggo. I was wondering what the point of having that Akagi flashback was, but the conclusion was interesting. But is sad he can't control his impulses (Kaede I mean), I guess If they did somehow manage to create amulets or smth to repress those, then Kemono could live more in harmony with humans and among themselves instead of brutalizing one another whenever they get hunger pangs.

@Cerein I'm pretty sure they made a couple of points in how working for Inari is like working for a mafia of kitsune kemono. It doesn't seem like they have a choice to even refuse the scouting or else they will be killed (either by Nobimaru or fed to Inari or some bullshit). Is a sad situation all those critters are all in imo, and the story has made a point that the real enemy in Inari.

Whew, binged thru the 48 chapters in like 4 hours.
Excited for the anime.
Weirdly initially thought the Inari/Inugami thing would be more lighthearted, but I guess I've been reading too many Slice of lifes lol.
Not too versed on the entire background of the fox & tanuki rivalry.
But I'm hooked. And now gotta wait.

@nobaka
Yeah, it really looks like she did.

Author just decided to draw her that way for the dramatic posing, I guess.
Hopefully we can see more Kon action in the future, as this development is worrying. She might just get a power-up though. Hopefully not an asspull. Or at least, somehow justifiable asspull. Or just her becoming smarter in fights.

I actually just want more precious Kon action.

Dex-chan lover
Kon is back bitches. She ain't staying asleep when the anime airs

Aggregator gang
@Mitsauce Same, I did it in 2 days to give myself some time to digest it. I had meaning to read this one for some time now and It was a great ride so far.

I actually also thought that their conflict would be less like this and more... I don't know, bosses that casually mess with one another since supposedly they had a goal in common (when they state it, I was confused because saying Inari wants power and that interest alligned with Inugami who wants acceptance made 0 sense). I also thought Inari would be more fleshed out as a character instead of being made into a cartoon villian with 0 redeemeable qualities.

I mean look at Akagi, Kaede and the rest of the little squad Nobimaru put together: They were villians, but they were humanized and presented as pretty solid characters.

Aggregator gang
@Echoesman The only reason I can see for Kon suddenly fighting other foxes almost inmediately after waking up, is due to her remembering Inari was out there canibalizing other kitsune (probably her own family) and thus realizing she wasn't worth shit.

That or something about her being able to listen to everything happening around her, making her sympathize with the tanukis.

Her size is the same tho 😂 I don't think she got any bigger, and may only look that way since she is drawn with baggy clothes.

Dex-chan lover
the previous appearance of the 2 snake childrens was in chapter 32 : https://mangadex.org/chapter/808393/30

in chapter 32 , they traveled to the tanuki village , but then the lady mangaka probably forgot about them and didnt draw their re-union with the main boy when he returned to the tanuki village in a certain chapter between chapters 32 - 48 .

page 8 : we have the idiom "Throw to the wolves" , and now we have the idiom "Throw the oni to the foxes" , lol .

i must be a psychic , lol , i predicted these things in the comment section of chapter 47 : https://mangadex.org/thread/338082/2

" ... the tanuki village is on fire , i guess only some back-ground tanuki villagers will be dead ... maybe the burning village 's smoke will finally wake up fox girl kon in the next chapter ... "

Dex-chan lover
i have a feeling that the lady mangaka is dragging the story , to wait for the anime to come out . nothing really happens in this chapter 48 . but i still love her story so i will forgive her .

page 17 : from their argument , i guess the 2 new fox girls are :
- fox girl 1 : ugly , virgin , angry , wears plain clothes , muscular , ...
- fox girl 2 : pretty , non-virgin , calm , wears revealing clothes , ...

if you are eager to see their faces , then the bad news is
in chapter 50 , they still dont appear ( i read ahead with the raw scans ) . maybe they will finally show their faces when they arrive at the tanuki village in noon of the next day .

page 30 :
- fox boy : my heart was stolen by his flames . i love him . i am not straight .
- a nice death-flag for 1 of the fox boys , or for both of them , lol . hinata loved robara , and then her fate was ....

@A-tan
For your first point, yeah, probably. Pretty sure we once got an allusion to Kon having witnessed Inari eating another kitsune (quite possibly her family) so she probably, just like you said, went "Yeah just f her"

For the second point, that's most likely what it is. She always wore that hoodie or was literally tied to the floor with spider silk, so yeah, makes sense.

However, for the meme, we will say that the magical power of udon, comas and golden thread levelled her up in different ways.

Dex-chan lover
@Echoesman
spoiler from next chapter (just the cover pg for the chapter, no content) for kon's body
0372118e5413c332990e13ab8400e098213.jpg

looks like it's legit different. spiderhair stronk

Aggregator gang
@Echoesman Understandable, have a great day.

@daywithoutgames Umm I actually felt the opposite when they mentioned the kemono wars and implied very strongly/got right back on track about finding Kebane's parents again. So far I think the pacing is really good, but I can smell some editorial meddling here and there.

Also damn it. Is true that Akagi confessed his life story to us, and that Hinata died taking a fist for Robara who wasn't worth squat. But I want to believe the author is going to surprise us again with some random bullshit twist--

Or not. I mean Kaede already technically died and only got saved thanks to their cheat code with the glue gun. Now they don't have a safety net anymore, so this really may be their last fight.

Users who are viewing this thread