Kono Koi wo Hoshi ni wa Negawanai - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - His Love

Why so much hate on Eri???
Fuyuki is the one refusing to confess her feelings. And you all BLAME Eri for not noticing???

It's not like l love Kyo or anything, but at least he is not a fucking coward. Fuyuki only has herself to blame.

Fed-Kun's army
Why so much hate on Eri???
Fuyuki is the one refusing to confess her feelings. And you all BLAME Eri for not noticing???

It's not like l love Kyo or anything, but at least he is not a fucking coward. Fuyuki only has herself to blame.
Well, yes...it's much easier for a straight man to confess to a woman who's also (presumed to be) straight.

The hate comes from Eri emotionally relying on Fuyu to an unreasonable amount, insisting on being the centre of Fuyu's world (then acting with inappropriate jealousy when she feels she isn't), and prioritising their relationship over the feelings of her actual partner. I can't bring myself to care too much about the last one because he both walked into it willingly and pursued Eri knowing she wasn't enthusiastic about it, but the others are legitimate character flaws. I just also think that not considering her perspective and the contexts surrounding her behaviour — then villainising her for it — is unfair and reductive.

But calling Fuyuki a coward for not wanting to explode her closest relationship for no conceivable benefit is also pretty unfair.

Well, yes...it's much easier for a straight man to confess to a woman who's also (presumed to be) straight.

The hate comes from Eri emotionally relying on Fuyu to an unreasonable amount, insisting on being the centre of Fuyu's world (then acting with inappropriate jealousy when she feels she isn't), and prioritising their relationship over the feelings of her actual partner. I can't bring myself to care too much about the last one because he both walked into it willingly and pursued Eri knowing she wasn't enthusiastic about it, but the others are legitimate character flaws. I just also think that not considering her perspective and the contexts surrounding her behaviour — then villainising her for it — is unfair and reductive.

But calling Fuyuki a coward for not wanting to explode her closest relationship for no conceivable benefit is also pretty unfair.
I can't see why that's a problem. Eri is obviously the type who values her best friend more than her partner. If Fuyuki was not in love with her, there wouldn't be any struggle in this. They can prioritize each other first while having their own mate.

Fuyuki is a coward. I don't know if you have read Sankakkei no Kowashi-kata or not. But the girl under the exact same situation confessed TWICE. She doesn't choose to hold back even though her first confession was treated like a JOKE. If Fuyuki had half of courage of that girl, the story wouldn't be such frustrating.

Fed-Kun's army
I can't see why that's a problem. Eri is obviously the type who values her best friend more than her partner. If Fuyuki was not in love with her, there wouldn't be any struggle in this. They can prioritize each other first while having their own mate.
It's a problem because most people aren't going to be OK with coming second best in the eyes of their life partner, especially if the relationship is as intimate as the two of them have. Even if they both somehow found unicorns, it would still be an issue because Fuyuki is the sole source of all Eri's happiness. And that's just not tenable. If you've ever seen or been in codependent relationships like that (romantic or not), you know they never ever work and usually implode spectacularly because they're deeply emotionally damaging and — in many cases — also abusive.

While I don't think Eri will end up going quite so far, the fundamental struggle she has is that it's deeply difficult for her to connect with other people, and she's fearful of doing it. In her romantic life, this takes the form of letting men use her/say/do whatever to her in exchange for their continued attention, with no hope for emotional fulfilment. So Fuyu and Fuyu's promise of unconditional love remains her constant wellspring of affection, attention, and validation as a human being. Like........her self-esteem is shit. Which is why she's devolving into dramatic meltdowns when she perceives her place in Fuyu's heart is even slightly threatened. And Fuyu is aware of this, which informs a lot of her hesitancy. There's zero sense in unloading her feelings on Eri when Eri can't even return them, and the likely scenario is that it forms a rift between them that causes Eri to fall apart. No matter how you look at it, it's not fair to make someone your emotional caretaker. Yet even so, Fuyu considers her feelings the problem. Hence her solution being "get over it" instead of "confess."

Never heard of that other story, but tbh I don't think all narratives with similar themes need to follow the same plot beats to be good. The characters in this story are all acting believably for their personalities and circumstances, and they aren't going wildly out-of-character to keep the miscommunication going. So for me at least, that keeps it from being frustrating. What can I say, I love mess. 🤷🏿‍♀️

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thank you for translating this manga.
Just started reading this after discovering some oneshots by this artist. His/Her drawings are amazing, they really convey the characters emotions and personality.
Fuyuki in particular always seems so frail...

I'll be looking forward to future updates! And I'll probably buy the raws whenever the next volume comes out.
Also, if the first color page of the first chapter isn't a flash forward to Fuyuki and Eri's weeding. I'll buy a ticket to Japan and riot in the street like a football hooligan.

Users who are viewing this thread