Kono Koi wo Hoshi ni wa Negawanai - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - His Love

Fed-Kun's army
Imagine when I waited for the raw, it takes 6 weeks or more for this chapter to be finished bcs it’s divided into 3 fckn parts. This chapter was such a pain to be done honestly lol
Yeah, as soon as I saw it was Kyou's backstory, I just deleted the series from my mind until the release of chapter 13. I don't even hate the guy (and I think his POV is narratively necessary), but like....I wasn't tryna read all that lol.

Anyway, thanks for your hard work. 🙏🏿

It's nice that Kyou's feelings are established as genuine, it gives more dimension to the story. More than that, it's nice that they also established that Kyou knows/understands that Eri loves Fuyuki more than anything. It would make it easy for his relationship with Eri to reach a conclusion, as I feel Kyou would end up just surrendering himself to that fact.

The more I read this manga the more I dislike Eri. She's so insufferable lol. It's sad when a romance manga has a clearly better option right there (In this case, the senpai) but the main characters HAVE to get together.

Dex-chan lover
To be fair to Kyou, knowing that Eri and Fuyuki are codependent doesn't mean that he'll assume that Eri is gay for Fuyuki, especially knowing she's dated guys before. He might know in his heart that he'll always be second place to Fuyuki in Eri's heart, but that doesn't mean he knows for sure that Eri would pick Fuyuki romantically.

Dex-chan lover
I get how a whole chapter of a yuri manga being focused on a male character's backstory can feel a little off-putting, but I thought this chapter was really well done. In fact, it's a bit refreshing to see fleshed out male characters in yuri. I think it can go a long way in contextualizing and contrasting the female leads relationships with each other.

Fed-Kun's army
The more I read this manga the more I dislike Eri. She's so insufferable lol. It's sad when a romance manga has a clearly better option right there (In this case, the senpai) but the main characters HAVE to get together.
I wouldn't be too hard on her. It's true she's making a mess of things, but she's hardly being malicious about it. This is a young woman who always struggled with unspoken social rules and connecting to her peers, who experienced some level of parental neglect as a child, was bullied and ostracised so badly that it completely sawed away and reshaped most of her personality, and who went on to have a string of nothing but emotionally and physically abusive relationships. The codependency is unfair and a problem, but she's not psychic either — there's no way for her to know she's being hurtful if she's not told. And it's at least clear she really does love her friend(s) and is trying to considerate of their feelings (Kyou's less so lol).

It's just unfortunate Fuyuki has to suffer more than jesus because of it.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter just makes Kyo even more a villain. He knew the only reason he is connected to Eri is because of Fuyuki, knew Fuyuki is the one who actually cared about him, shows that in the past and now he was self-centered (he basically dismisses someone saying hey Eri doesn't seem to want to be here), and never seemed to care about Fuyuki's feelings since he knew and asked out Eri.

Gotta say, if not for the intro pretty heavily hinting towards a yuri ending this would be much worse

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't be too hard on her. It's true she's making a mess of things, but she's hardly being malicious about it. This is a young woman who always struggled with unspoken social rules and connecting to her peers, who experienced some level of parental neglect as a child, was bullied and ostracised so badly that it completely sawed away and reshaped most of her personality, and who went on to have a string of nothing but emotionally and physically abusive relationships. The codependency is unfair and a problem, but she's not psychic either — there's no way for her to know she's being hurtful if she's not told. And it's at least clear she really does love her friend(s) and is trying to considerate of their feelings (Kyou's less so lol).

Yeah I feel sad that many people hate Eri. I mean, I understand it's frustrating that she keeps hurting Fuyuki but it's not like she wants to hurt her too.

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah I feel sad that many people hate Eri. I mean, I understand it's frustrating that she keeps hurting Fuyuki but it's not like she wants to hurt her too.
Same. Fuyu is my fave, so I want her to be happy no matter how or with whom she ends up, but I do think Eri is the most interesting. And that's mostly because she's a complete disaster lol.

A big part of the reason the plot works so far is because it's told with enough sensitivity that nobody's truly a villain. They're all just barely-adults (a teen in Fuyu's case) doing their best to navigate some very difficult relationship dynamics. And the story is best approached that way imo.

Aggregator gang
Tbh i still would want to see Fuyuki with senpai by the end from what we have seen so far but most likely not gonna happen looking at it from ch1 unless author pulls something actually clever, if not i wonder if the thing they are doing right now is gonna end up peacefully (like they will go their separate ways or just stay friends when they feel like forcing that relationship is not needed anymore) or some drama is gonna happen to try to make us dislike senpai.

Dex-chan lover
I still feel bad for Fuyuki, now I kinda feel bad for Kyo.
He's kinda dumb, be he's quite unlucky with his love life...
Maybe the short haired girl can manage to bring happiness to everyone, somehow.
Thanks for the chapter and your hardwork!

Dex-chan lover
Even though idc of his POV, I read it anyway. Well, I just want to be fair but I still don't want him to end up to Eri.🙅🏻‍♀️🙅🏻‍♀️🙅🏻‍♀️

Aggregator gang
eri: talks about fuyuki
kyo: "eri was talking about nothing in particular"

bro was in denial from the very beginning

It's not as deep as all that. I just hate her character archetype, the "I don't want you to spend time with anyone except me". Watching her get upset/jealous that Fuyuki dares to spend time with someone else while she has a boyfriend is infuriating.

I understand Kyou's side, I really do. he has a horrible, lonely childhood and the first person to give him any attention an care is Eri. she doesn't even do it for him but it's everything to him regardless
plus the fact that Eri seems to have bad taste in men and he just wants his friend to be happy...

the main issue is, as with every single romance drama, miscommunication and misunderstandings. people just not talking to each other and making problems worse.

Users who are viewing this thread