Kouchuugun Shikan Boukensha ni Naru - Ch. 50.1

Dex-chan lover
Y'all are nuts. A brand new character will take some time before actual plot is revealed. You seriously expect everything to be explained right away ? Let it cook.

There have been plenty of hints already thus far. She infiltrated his base cuz she knew how things work. She is not from around there since she knew about nanom tech, and she blocks the signal, and she's definitely a very experienced soldier, at the very least. The rest, you just gonna have to wait to find out.
Well... some readers still can't accept that MC who looks super human suddenly gets beaten to a pulp by a new character, and a chick that is. Even though the reason is clear, Alan is just a chuuni, not a real fighter.
:lol:

Whether or not the tension was set up well, I'm actually thankful that there's now some tension. The fact that some people unironically want an entire series of non-stop, "Sasuga Alan-sama, you are truly the most amazing person ever!" Makes me oddly upset.

Yeah, things aren't going according to plan, but give it a bit and he'll pull something out and end up back on top. This is how stories go!

Double-page supporter
that ignores the obvious advance tech they have. take a look at the chariot from a few chapters back. it uses things that would require at least modern levels of tech to build. the wheel alone looked to be a modern day rubber offroad truck tire which implies all kinds of advancements in production quality.

Yeah, I saw those wheels in this chapter and I was like "...Those are oddly advanced for a medieval chariot."

And speaking of possible foreshadowing, the helmets on the bad guy knights look oddly bug-like, don't they?

Well... some readers still can't accept that MC who looks super human suddenly gets beaten to a pulp by a new character, and a chick that is. Even though the reason is clear, Alan is just a chuuni, not a real fighter.
:lol:

Yeah, it's just so weird. She's obviously got nanomachines of her own, she's wearing the same low profile battlesuit Alan is, she even outright explained how she won: Because Alan has been using his nanomachines as a crutch this whole time, which we knew about from the moment he explained that his "Corinth swordsmanship style" is literally just Alan doing video game moves in real life way back in like chapter 3 or something.

Alan is basically like the Wizard of Oz. He uses technological tricks to appear better than he actually is, and it works because the primitive natives are gullible. Now he's run into an actual wizard and he gets owned like expected. I don't understand why people are at all confused about this turn of events.

If I had to complain about something in this scene, it'd be that Alan didn't realize her nature sooner. The second she pulled off obviously nanomachine-aided superhuman feats and then berated him for relying too much on nanom as a crutch, he should've realized. The only one who'd even know what nanom is and refer to it with that term is someone from the empire. Natives think it's magic spirits.

But, then, Alan can also be plenty dumb sometimes, like not realizing that Celeria thinks they're going to get married after he talks about ruling together and building a legacy because in her society that's how rule works, so perhaps expecting insight is too much from him lol.

Because the spy does know the tech but there is no way she doesn't know about the alien and why Alan does what he did.

The spy outright mentioned the bugs in a previous chapter IIRC.

I think the dude who suggested she's trying to get the evil king's army wiped out is right. They were gonna abort the mission if they failed to capture or kill Alan, and now they're about to waltz into a prepared trap with sentry guns.

Dex-chan lover
Jamming, it's simply magical. It's some magical neither he or the AI reacted to it as you would expect them to.
... thats not what it is at all. its magnetic waves that interfere with their comms. You know, like a comms jammer would work. They have been implying imperial tech for a while. Including the goddess being an AI using alans nanoms to communicate with him in a way his own AI couldn't detect, which just goes to show you that their guns are bigger than his.

Dex-chan lover
He was a tech officer, his training is not even on the level of a regular Frontline soldier.
Why do you think he had to rely on Nanom for even the most simplest fighting/aiming?

The spy even mentioned that his skills were below a common soldier.
I'll have to reread, then. It's been awhile.

Dex-chan lover
... thats not what it is at all. its magnetic waves that interfere with their comms. You know, like a comms jammer would work. They have been implying imperial tech for a while. Including the goddess being an AI using alans nanoms to communicate with him in a way his own AI couldn't detect, which just goes to show you that their guns are bigger than his.
I was being sarcastic.

Dex-chan lover
This is a clumsy way to introduce a new character but hopefully the manga is going somewhere with this.
by clumsy do you mean that this entire thing has been foreshadowed for ages now? cause yeah pretty clumsy to set this up a long time ago.

Dex-chan lover
by clumsy do you mean that this entire thing has been foreshadowed for ages now? cause yeah pretty clumsy to set this up a long time ago.
We had exactly one other reference to this girl, maybe two. Yes I do mean it's clumsy.

Dex-chan lover
Y'all are nuts. A brand new character will take some time before actual plot is revealed. You seriously expect everything to be explained right away ? Let it cook.

There have been plenty of hints already thus far. She infiltrated his base cuz she knew how things work. She is not from around there since she knew about nanom tech, and she blocks the signal, and she's definitely a very experienced soldier, at the very least. The rest, you just gonna have to wait to find out.
Yeah sure, but it's still way too rushed and badly written.

Dumbing down the MC faction to make the new threat/character feel more potent is just annoying.
Alan being weak is fine(for me and many others), but the whole fight and kidnapping situation is NOT thought out well.

She is clearly wearing an Imperial battle suit, she is saying Imperial things constantly, yet Alan is like "duh I don't know".
Nanom/AI which was taking up like 50% of text of the early chapters, said nothing about her? Or her battle suit?
MC gets kidnapped and an "alley" blocked the 3 hypertech drones?

If we are just making stuff up, then what does that give me in tension actually?

But yeah the people that are confused at whiplash and a brand new OP character are the nuts ones. :clap:

Ah
putting this into hiatus when they caught up with the novel would've been better than this, bc whoever is 'winging' the story isn't doing a good job rn, imo. Wonder how they'll handle it if the novel ever comes back and the developments are wildly different that what's happening here right now.
So that is why the story has gone to shit?

Yeah reading the rest of the comments it seems that's why. I would even add that the origial author disn even know how to continue it and that's why it's on (permanent) hiatus.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
putting this into hiatus when they caught up with the novel would've been better than this, bc whoever is 'winging' the story isn't doing a good job rn, imo. Wonder how they'll handle it if the novel ever comes back and the developments are wildly different that what's happening here right now.
Don't agree. A hiatus just means it's cancelled because the original author has gone MIA.

Dex-chan lover
dr9KNnV.jpg

...Please fucking tell me she wasn't being literal here. Because... 300 million? Just... no.
It’s a mistranslation. Somehow they misread 3機 ‚3 [counter for flying objects]‘ as 3億 ,300 million`.

Dex-chan lover
We had exactly one other reference to this girl, maybe two. Yes I do mean it's clumsy.
To this girl? sure. to the idea of imperial technology being used as the backbone of technological innovation and a shadow power in the form of a hyper powerful AI acting behind the scenes as the goddess? this has been foreshadowed for ages dude, the reveal of the imperial soldier girl is just the latest domino to fall.

Dex-chan lover
To this girl? sure. to the idea of imperial technology being used as the backbone of technological innovation and a shadow power in the form of a hyper powerful AI acting behind the scenes as the goddess? this has been foreshadowed for ages dude, the reveal of the imperial soldier girl is just the latest domino to fall.
also questionable, we had two references to it in the previous chapters and it was questionable if it was Imperial tech or some unknown precursor tech.
(this is because these are manga-only additions to the story that were not present in the WN)

Dex-chan lover
also questionable, we had two references to it in the previous chapters and it was questionable if it was Imperial tech or some unknown precursor tech.
(this is because these are manga-only additions to the story that were not present in the WN)
Never read the WN cause WN tend to either die out or be rewritten entirely when they become LN. So all i am going off of is the manga which is what you are critiquing. Sure if it was straying from established material that was ongoing id understand people being upset but the WN has been abandoned/unupdated for how long now?

It's not fair to uphold the manga and the manga author to the standards of another author that has clearly either died or abandoned their work. I judge this work purely on what it alone has presented and so far its a fairly solid story with decent build up to events.

Even magical tech and precursor tech as you mentioned was foreshadowing the possibility of imperial influence on this planets development given how similar they were.

As for the instances of the god ai. Keep in mind we still don't know who blew alans ship out of hyperspace.... conviniently within reach of this planet i might add.

How can she just dispatch him like that and escape away scot-free? What the f*ck are the millions of drones watching him doing? They should be flying down there asap and taking care of everything in like, a blink of an eye. Even if they somehow lose track of her, all of the AI should be notified the very moment his life is threatened, and a search team should be mobilized right away.
Honestly, for the people in such a medieval time, capturing such a high-ranking officer like him should be akin to summoning a legion of extraterrestrial mechanical gods on the planet.

Dex-chan lover
Never read the WN cause WN tend to either die out or be rewritten entirely when they become LN. So all i am going off of is the manga which is what you are critiquing. Sure if it was straying from established material that was ongoing id understand people being upset but the WN has been abandoned/unupdated for how long now?

It's not fair to uphold the manga and the manga author to the standards of another author that has clearly either died or abandoned their work. I judge this work purely on what it alone has presented and so far its a fairly solid story with decent build up to events.

Even magical tech and precursor tech as you mentioned was foreshadowing the possibility of imperial influence on this planets development given how similar they were.

As for the instances of the god ai. Keep in mind we still don't know who blew alans ship out of hyperspace.... conviniently within reach of this planet i might add.
You're missing my point. What I'm saying is that this is the manga author trying to crowbar his story into an established story, so what we're seeing are the growing pains in the process. Hopefully, at least. Not helping matters is that the original author had no sense of scale and gave way too much power to the MC.
Still, it would be cool to see new girl show off her fighting skills elsewhere so it doesn't look like she came basically out of nowhere.

Users who are viewing this thread