Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami - Vol. 2 Ch. 18

Supporter
yo to be wholeheartedly honest aside from all the common complaints about this genre, I'll give it to this particular story for letting me forget that there was real life.

I know it's blatant head-canon but it's more enjoyable for me personally thinking that she's just OG as fuck and is out here on these money moves because of reasons other than applying modern day sensibilities.

@tony246 I don't really get the impression he actually knew her personality. I mean the moment she sets foot outside the school we see she was a benevolent master that rescued orphans and gave them training for proper jobs all before the isekai protagonist merged with her.

Dex-chan lover
I would like to know the entire roster of the Otome game protag's harem, because she obviously has one going. As of right now, both know members of which whom are so deep into her that they'd forsake their fiancé and sister to be with. Adding to that, the brother doesn't even know what his sister looks like. His damn sister! If we are to take into consideration that she looked exactly as she did when our MC isekai'd into her existence at the end of the 'game', then SHE LOOKS THE EXACT FUCKING SAME. Did his lust for the Baron's daughter, Lily, warp what his sister looked like to him?
I'm honestly waiting for the first prince to show up and we take this into maximum overdrive in rivalry. How deep does the rabbit hole go with Lily, though? Is she a succubus? Did she seduce her way into their eyes only for our MC to really see through the veil? AM I THINK TOO HARD ABOUT AN ISEKAI MANGA?!

Dex-chan lover
@Vasqueztion

The Otome game Protagonist has the second prince, Iris's brother, a son aspiring to be a knight from a knight family, and the son of the Pope for this world's religion. It gets reduced somewhat quickly as the story progresses.

One thing I liked about this one is how the plot evolves. There's quite a few speculations and spoilers involved but the Otome game protag is more than what she is. She's no simple game heroine.

Also Bern has only seen Iris without our Isekai MC's knowledge of exercise and beauty products and a two year gap. After our MC did her thing with that knowledge produces that effect.

Dex-chan lover
@hayatekanzaki
Thanks for the information. That's a pretty extensive and luxurious harem she has going for her. I look forward to finding out her secrets later on. I could read them from the LN, but I am le tired. Also lazy.

Well, it must be the artist mistake, since the MC jumped in at the last moments of her time at the university, and she looked the exact same. Not a little plump or whatever, the. exact. same. I guess it can be considered one of the downsides of the LN to VN. Things lost in translation.

Dex-chan lover
@Vasqueztion

If you don't mind spoilers. This is about Lily:
Lily is heavily speculated to being the illegitimate daughter of a noble of Iris's country and a noble or princess of the enemy country that's currently aiming at them. And also possibly some kind of secret spy/operative plotting to destabilize Iris's country enough for the enemy country to invade. She isn't mentioned much but her actions or suggestions have been to lift up the Second Prince so he can become king by doing projects that help the people but basically wreck the already tight budget. This could cause a rebellion or cause fracturing of Kingdom. Demilitarize the Kingdom's army, leaving the Kingdom open to attack from the enemy country if it happened.

She's also secretly cold hearted. And will ignore her harem members when they become useless to her. And completely abandoned them. The only one who gets this is the Pope's son since Bern and the Knight son leave the harem on their own after certain events.

Group Leader
Damn, how can an Isekai manga derived from an Otome game be one of the best Isekai of the moment.

The way she plans and execute her fief's improvements, and the way we see results. The way that not everything she does for good turns immediately to shit for the sake of drama. The way people around her can see her value in making the world a better place. The way that she clearly isn't trying to make herself a harem, but will seemingly get one anyway... and the fact that it isn't strange that people around her fall in love with her (a beautiful, young, rich, powerful, intelligent, driven and independent woman).

I love this manga so much... and being a man, with my "manly" preconceived notions, I almost didn't want to try this "Shoujo" manga...

Dex-chan lover
For those who are curious,
(Spoilers ahead)
Despite looking like she is over with the things that happened to her, it is later revealed in the later chapter the she is still insecure of the things that she is doing and she only put up a strong face so that the people around her wont see her as weak. During the chapter where her company was accused of treason against the church. The stress of being weak and powerless and the pressure from the church, she finally breaks down and cried while Dean (Spoiler he is the first prince) comfort her and she expressed her fear of being abandoned again which is why she needs to be strong.(like how it was back in the beginning)

Dex-chan lover
@hayatekanzaki: The bit I read about her past was a little different?
Her mother was basically a honeytrap spy sent in to seduce the royalty and cause the country to decline.
She came in under disguise as a maid for the Baron, i.e. her father.

But the mother seem to have fell in love with the Baron and got pregnant with her.
The legal wife basically chased the mother out, and the mother later gave birth and raised Yuri in the slum.

At some point a spy, her mother's comrade, found them, but the mother basically told him out.
But Yuri was different.
She felt she didn't deserve to live in this slum.
That she was born for higher places.
So she secretly met up with the spy, and he taught her all the knowledge to be a honeytrap.

Then years later, her mother died. Around this time her father also sent people to search for her (forgot if the legal wife died or not)
And so, she used her charm to get all the important boys to fall for her.

Btw, she REALLY hate Iris, because to her Iris had it all, looks, money and power.

@Kucai: Wait, something like that happened?
All I remember from around that period was that she explained in a monologue that the feeling of 'Iris' is still strong within her.
And that she probably will never love again.

I think it was another POV that mentioned how she kept a strong front, as if she can never trust anyone enough to show her fragile side to them.
Like, maybe I'm remembering it wrong and this was in another series, but it was about a difference between 信用 and 信頼 or such.

Dex-chan lover
@WhimsiCat
I'm reading the WN version.
It happens at chapter 59, Dean is worried about her for making such a worried face. He asked her why she
is pretending to be strong in which Iris slowly breaks apart and express everything that have been pressuring her

@herpderp357
Her brother basically forgotten everything about her (Including looks) after disinheriting her.
He later realize that the girl he was in love (Yuri) is more than she looks and starts to reconcile with Iris. He also stop being part of Yuri's harem and helped Iris and her family by relaying some information to them

Dex-chan lover
@WhimsiCat

Some of it matches what I remember, I'm not sure on my end but maybe what I read was the WN version. Have to double check but most likely details were changed and added in the LN version cause the WN portrays the speculation of that differently. Also the translation went through several groups. Cause certain things like hate and training were never mentioned when concerning her from what I remember reading.

The details that seem different is the mother being a part of some kind of peace ploy since it's never mentioned that she was a honey trap. Mother ends up working as a maid for the royal castle then ends up with a noble instead. There was a pregnancy, no legal wife mentioned throwing the mother out. But mother did leave before Yuri was born. Said it took years before Yuri was found and then taken in.

The whole bit with Yuri, or is it Lily? Ugh translations. From what I read I never saw anything like hating Iris or the notion of her saying she deserve higher places. From what I also remember there was no mention of training or such involved.

Maybe I'm behind on LN/WN translations too...ugh

We need LN translations too

damn, that lil brother said "The sister i know was more FAT"
that was ur lucky time, prolly next time if u tell woman if she's FAT, u gonna die immediately '-'

Dex-chan lover
fat? Fat? FAT? She was plump and juicy thank you very much! Not that I'd know lols.

Dex-chan lover
@hayatekanzaki: Went through some RAW chapters again. (also, anyone translating her name as Lily is DEFINITELY using machine translation so take their 'translation' with a pile of salt)

The hate bit was from ch 116.

Yuri "Seriously....Don't fail next time, alright?

Devan "Understood....Still, you really hate her huh" (referring to Iris)

Yuri "Yes, I hate her. Having any and everything from the start and acting like that's a matter of course really pisses me off. When she dropped out, I thought I'd get to see her looking more unsightly..."
"I've always, alllways thought it ever since I the time in lower town/slum. That the world I belong to, isn't this one. That someone so cute like me, to smolder and buried away in this place is unthinkable. That's why, I've done my best until now, and will from now on"

And going to the part Yuri talk of her past (145 onward)
146 mention her essentially being a spy, and that she's got alluring appearance, i.e. honeytrap
And yes there was a threat
お前は男爵家の汚点。お前がいるだけで主人には、迷惑がかかる。即刻出て行け。出て行かないのなら、国に報告する
"You're a stain on the barony house. Just you being here causes trouble for my husband. Leave immediately. If you don't, I'll report you to the country"

One of the legal wife's subordinate saw the mom with Devan, thus realizing she's a spy.

@Kucai: Went back to read that chapter...my impression is still different from your initial spoiler
It's not that she's keeping a strong face to hide how scared she is.

Dean wonder if she can 'win' in the trial tomorrow with the face she has now, which looks terrible, and point out how she's kept everything inside, not complaining, not crying and just move forward. Why is she forcing herself.

Iris answer that she's not forcing herself or anything.

Dean pushed further, Iris clarifies that because crying won't change anything

Dean pushed again, saying that even if showing tears might not change anything, she might be able to settle the feeling inside. That the way she did was...dangerous. And results in her current face.

Which Iris snaps at him. Even if she cry, or complain, what would be resolved? NOTHING.
She starts with explaining that yes, she was mortified, even back when Edward broke their engagement.
And this time, the fuck is with this excommunication BS
Not to mention just because of her, even though everyone's been working hard to make it this far, her ordeal is being a hindrance to that.
Tears fall around this point.
BUT, she continues.
For her to cry and beg to be saved would just have them 'retire' her from society
But even so, she's caused too much trouble already, this is no longer the point where she can just run away alone. Just because she's not around doesn't mean her 'crime' would disappear.

"I don't cry because I'm pushing myself...? That's wrong. Because even if I cry nothing will change...because I'm afraid if I cry, the others will be disgusted with me....that's why I won't cry!"
"I'm not strong. Just that, I'm a human who wanted to look strong...yet can't even do that...that's me"
Then she bawled.
Except Dean didn't console/comfort her, he chided her.
That she shouldn't force herself just because she's strong.
That everyone agrees that considering her position, she couldn't show weakness or hesitation.
BUT because of her not showing those feelings, those following her can't help but be worried, and don't ever forget that.

What Dean did though, was suggested he'll do her works in her place so she can rest easy.

The next day she woke up with some reds around the eyes still, but she looked a lot more refreshed.

Users who are viewing this thread