Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami - Vol. 5 Ch. 38.1

Double-page supporter
@Markgraf He grew up w/ Alfred, so it would have to take a really twisted direction for him to be on Yuri's side.

Also,
So far in the novel translations, he doesn't seem to have shown any such tendency towards Yuri.

Group Leader
so i read up the novel up to 109, I saw you don't have to worry about Ludius at all. if you want spoilers about yuri here ya go

Yuri is actually a spy from another kingdom, they are using her lust for revenge to bring the fall of the kingdom. Also Ludius grew up with dean (aka Alfred - 1st prince)
Also spoiler about Dean and Iris - they first met when they were about 7 and so C;

Dex-chan lover
"Tanya here, this is called a sniper rifle. Just take Yuri out with this, it has a effective range of 2 km"
*Hands Sniper Rifle to Tanya with a magazine and a few extra bullets"
"Get yourself used to it and take her down in a month."

Dex-chan lover
@Lxpiz
Thnx for the spoiler, I wa already sure of that but having confirmation is nice;

Dex-chan lover
@undercurses
Most otome stories tend to have the heroine as a commoner with mana who somehow gets into the noble academy or as a very low ranking noble, count at highest, sometimes adopted into the family, sometimes not.

Dex-chan lover
Come to think of it, shouldn't her reincarnated self already know everything about the heroine/protagonist's status? Why does she need to investigate Yuri at all?

@Deathhappens not really, she said so herself in the first few chapters that she doesnt know yuri that much. Only from her interactions with her or from the conversations yuri had with the otjer capture targets when iris was still playing the game.

Also, i think the game didnt delve too much on the specifics..

So Yuri got trained by some unknown spy organization?
Ponders if Towair is just bad for farming but great for mining?
Like if they were to exchange metals for bundles of food at a rate that cause the Baron to lavish like a upstart.

my guess is that yuri is dead and this one is an imposter from towair

Ima guess towair either killed yuri and got a person to act as yuri or ether turned yuri into a spy to report on the kingdom and to ruin it from the inside

I do have to say I'm not the biggest fan of how Yuri's character is developing. I was okay with her being less of a character and more of a vague ditzy entity embodying the worst reflection of the otome game main character. One has to remember that the Iris from Japan was the one who was guiding the story as Yuri before she became Iris. Convoluting the plot like this feels like it's muddying the themes of the story.
Was it? Or was it some kind of magic to receive help to woo the capture targets? After all, the prince is the ultimate price in these sort of games isn't he. And Yuri did manage to woo him along with having high affection with the rest of the targets, didn't she?

And the premise of the story was accurate after all, i.e. Yuri is the baron's daughter in a school full of nobles that bully her, the prince's fiancee is the villainess with a high status becuz she confronted Yuri in public more than once(isn't it so that the crimes and bullying in these kinda games is usually done by the one person with a high rank that makes their dislike of the heroine clear in public?).

These sort of games don't generally provide a whole lot of background info or context. So you can take it as this story just filling in the gaps.

Users who are viewing this thread