Hitokiri Shoujo Koushaku Reijou no Goei ni Naru - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
Well, things have gone as expected. A fight has broken out.

He's another hired killer, but I really wonder if his employer is Lutecia's brother. He clearly has no qualms about killing regular knights as shown in chapter 1, and he doesn't strike me as a guy who cares about money. Not exactly a guy I'd want to keep around if I were a noble.
In settings like these, it's either:
1. Employer is too dumb/prideful to think ahead and will get betrayed, all the readers saw it coming but the characters will be all surprised, like "Whuhh how could you!"
2. Employer did think ahead and secretly sent another assassin to supervise the first assassin, and ordered the second assassin to kill the first if he fails/gets uppity, or simply betrays him for shits and giggles
3. Assassin actually enjoys working under employer because he gets to kill people while also being protected from the law thanks to employer's influence/position

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter, so this creates a new mystery for the series to at some point resolve what was going on with her mother because from the little we've heard about her up to this point she doesn't sound like what you'd consider to be a fighter. Also that seems odd the caveat that there's an option that she could be taken alive... either the prince is looking for a potential political marriage or trophy to further cement the position he hopes to obtain or a flex.... or her good bestie princess Freyja was so sure about her loyalties as Lutecia thinks and this is her way of if I can't secure her vote at least in these trying times I can give me childhood friend a chance to remain among the living.

Users who are viewing this thread