Kubo Won't Let Me Be Invisible - Vol. 2 Ch. 18 - White Day and the Destination of One's Feelings

Dex-chan lover
This is adorable, but it's getting to the point where I almost feel bad for her, she's basically directly confessed to him several times and this dude has the lowest self esteem/Is the most clueless person in existence

Where's that guy who sells that insulin? I need some. Chapter's too damn sweet! Great chap though.

Group Leader
I know denseness is generally hated in MCs, but honestly even after all these years I find it enjoyable. To a point of course, and depending on if there's a reason they're are dense, like in this MC's case a lack of self esteem. I'd also assume a general lack of communication, considering he'd have to go out of his way to always be the one to start up a conversation because nobody even notices he's near them.

Double-page supporter
I like this MC cluelessness, as if it was natural, not pretending

Dex-chan lover
@DrHizzle

I know denseness is generally hated in MCs, ...

I think because it ends up being frustrating, whereas in this case it's just nice fluff, and not much miscommunication based drama is happening so far. And he's just a shy young kid so it's more understandable

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if they'll ever show why she fell for him in the first place...

Dex-chan lover
I think part of what makes Shiraishi's density endearing instead of annoying is that, rather than getting mad at him for it, Kubo seems to enjoy toying with it. That way it lightens the mood and makes the story go forward, instead of stalling the story and making the audience frustrated.

(Another part is his circumstance, since he's almost supernaturally ignored it's not completely unreasonable.)

Dex-chan lover
There is a big difference between stories like this where the main character being dense is understandable given his personality and background and he overcomes it with character development and stories where denseness is only used to keep the status quo forever. Plus, the fact that the main heroine isn't a violent tsundere who beats up the protagonist every time he fails to notice something she refuses to make clear in the first place helps a lot.

Dex-chan lover
My boy nearly got a heart attack.
Her smile at the end though, MUST PROTECT

Dex-chan lover
It kinda is his fault. Sure, low self-esteem and all, but with how much they've interacted already, you'd think he would entertain the idea that Kubo might give him some chocolate even if just to tease him.

I would accept it if he thought it was just obligatory or friendship chocolate or something, but to not even suspect Kubo, the only person in this school who consistently notices and interacts with him, is a bit upsetting to me. It would be easier to buy if he didn't have this bunny girl senpai-esque curse of his. Maybe he should wear weird costumes too to get people to notice him.

Users who are viewing this thread