Kubo Won't Let Me Be Invisible - Vol. 2 Ch. 18 - White Day and the Destination of One's Feelings

Dex-chan lover
I think it's also that she is shy. She hides it well behind her teasing, but she's actually very shy when it comes to him. It'd be one thing if he realised it himself, but since he didn't, she's too shy to tell it to his face.

Dex-chan lover
God she's precious. That moment when she misunderstands his intentions broke my heart a little.

Ehhh. It's no one's fault. You can't fault Kubo for not telling him outright. I mean, neither can I tell someone I like them outright. It takes a lot of guts and confidence to actually tell it to the person instead of just showing it through actions.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, really? He still doesn't know? Whom does he try to fool? Himself?

Guys stop ruining my sweet little slice of life romance.

They're both really shy and clueless. Kubo just seems not to be because she keeps playing with Shiraishi. You can tell from her interactions with her friends and her sister. In those moments, she takes the role Shiraishi usually has as she has the same qualities as him: She's shy, she's clueless, she has issues saying what's on her mind and she has issues understanding her feelings.

In fact, we know from her time with her friends that she doesn't fully realize that she loves Shiraishi. So they're both in the same boat in that way.

Oh and Shiraishi has self-esteem issues that make him pretty much unable to understand anyone having feelings for him. I've seen it in friends. Depression is not fun.

Double-page supporter
Literally only one person in class would even remember to give him a chocolate in the first place.

Denseness has limits dude...

Dex-chan lover
@MrGreenFR I'm sorry, but is this your first manga or something? If she confesses to him he will misunderstand. 100% guarantee.

@Glomoro it's not like it's already the case... Misunderstand for misunderstand, he is already misunderstanding thing.

My opinion is that she is probably as shy as him, she just like to tease him but she is not ready to confess yet... Tho not gonna lie, looking how introvert, shy (and dense) he is, that's gonna take a long time... Two shy people in love is not a thing that is easy (that why as a shy guy, I always liked assertive girl... Tho she is super cute in this manga).

Ho and it's not my first manga

Group Leader
V7XhLkm.png

I can understad him thinking is just obligatory chocolate and there is no deeper meaning to it, but he knows she is the only one that notices him, who else that he thinks is going to be from.

Dex-chan lover
If you notice, he never tells her he got cookies, but she reveals her hand anyway...Sneaky....

But also, you have to admit Kubo is pretty proactive considering how his isolation/social ineptness. He still got white day chocolate for someone he didn't even know and is pretty much willing to go along with her despite it all. I respect the dedication.

Aggregator gang
@Miyagi92 At a guess, he probably thinks it was an accident, that some girl in class was passing out chocolates to everyone and that he accidentally got one.

Dex-chan lover
Y'all need to go back and reread the valentines day chapter - he's literally never received a chocolate before, so he naturally assumes it's a mistake. For a second he entertains that it was kubo who gave it to him, then he bashes his head on the desk.

Kubo then dances around telling him that she gave him the cookie, which probably cemented in his mind that she did NOT give him the cookie. It's really easy to see how he thinks it was a mistake.

Honestly, considering that he thought, even if only for a second, that she was the one who gave him the valentines gift makes me think we'll get there soon rather than later.

Supporter
Everyone talking about how dense he is, but WE SHOULD BE TALKING ABOUT

M A D E R E I N E

Users who are viewing this thread