Kusuriya no Hitorigoto - Vol. 8 Ch. 38 - Balsam and Wood Sorrel (Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
I felt like this is one of representation for the more severe case of face blindness. He recognize people voices and their clothes but not their faces.

Reactions: le3
@ralanost
She will die not much long after this. Well, supposing that story is following the novels, she will die after they marry.

• meguuusad
Fed-Kun's army
I guess I'm just dumb but to be honest I don't really get it. Like the sick woman is Mao Mao mother right? And the woman Rakan loved but who had to sleep with other guys after loosing her virginity to Rakan or something like that since Rakan couldn't "buy" her at the times? I think until here I'm right but what I don't understand is why no one told Rakan that she was alive when he came back to look for her. Was there a reason? I could be wrong but I think someone told to him she was dead... Also did Mao Mao knew she was her mother? I remember she was treating her in one chapter but I don't remember if it was said at the time that she was her mother. And also why did Mei Mei started crying at the end? Is she sad because it could have ended better for Rakan and Mao Mao's mother or because she is still sad that she hasn't been redeemed? Like why did she speak about her having hope? Did she liked Rakan too?
It has been so long since I started reading this manga that I'm a bit lost tbh

Fed-Kun's army
I thought granny was mad because he left her in the past
And now he suddenly wanted to retrieve her

So he got mad at someone touching her daughter's shoulder
Imagine what happened to the guard that hit her to the point of almost dying

@daywithoutgames
The granny cares for the courtesans it isn’t obvious but she does. It shows when she didn’t let him in after ten years. I think Granny was just trying to protect Mao’s mom since she wasnt able to all those years ago...but yeh the money would be the more realistic reason

I don't remember that this happened in the novel at all -.- did I miss it or was it added in the manga?

I don't remember reading this part in the WN. Oh my God this made me teared up a bit. Finally they are reunited! T__T goddamn granny why didn't you let them meet sooner

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@Piex Granny is mad.
@daywithoutgames Guy already agreed to pay two hundred thousand for Fonshen but Granny is still angry because of the past. I've said it before in a previous chapter and I will say it again. It was not about money.

@Mivas The sick woman was Mao Mao's mother (and she knows). She lost her virginity to Rakan, then did questionable things as she descended into insanity (she sliced/cut Mao Mao's pinky) which also eventually caused her health to decline. Since he was technically the primary culprit for all this, Granny kicked his ass/"banned" him and prevented them from meeting. (He was perma banned in the original WN and she died. This is probably pity reboot)

Mei Mei is crying because she apparently liked Rakan as well.

@Esasaeriri Because she died in the WN before they could reunite.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Edit. Spoiler? What? This ain't future events ?

Users who are viewing this thread