Lamia Orphe Is Dead - Ch. 36 - Conflicting Paths

I don't know what happened but mad Lamia looks so badass and it seems that she will vent her anger on Aquila.

Thanks for the update~

@Audettey

Still doesn't make sense that she's mad. The whole plan was that if he became heir then the incident would have to be addressed. She got that. Her plan worked.

Her father knew for years he had a bastard nephew suffering and turned a blind eye cause "would tarnish his brother's image"

She acts like people can't see how It can't even remember their faces and topics concerning politics while she's shitty with a sword. She threw the whole South into instability just to make herself feel better instead of supporting Uri on his own strengths, typical golden child with savior complex.

He knew what was a trigger to Aquila, knew he fucked up, knew the prince was right about people and greed+to the point of not being able to tell others what happened cause deep down he knows he payed the price for running his mouth) and instead of make a proper use of the second chance he decides to keep throwing a pity party for himself.

Is do hard to keep following cause they're so selfish and self-absorbed I just wish the whole family to be stripped from their power.

@beazacha

I agree!! she has such a big saviour complex that it annoys me. I get that she has the right to be mad at aquila, but her actions towards her family are so selfish. her brother didn't even want to be duke, so now that his hand is healed why can't he just go back to becoming a knight??

plus the whole father and illegitimate child thing just makes me dislike their family even more

the flā€™s personality and attitude really doesnā€™t sit right with me ahhh i wish she wasnā€™t so overbearing and plus their whole family is just not.....it idk

Lamia is projecting a lot of her golden child guilt onto Carmen and Aquila, which is not cool, but totally understandable. She doesn't seem willing to accept that both her and her dad continue to ignore Uriel's emotional needs and don't really treat him like a full person, focusing instead on how people outside of her family have wronged him. Even during her rant at Carmen, you can tell that she knows Uri's trauma doesn't exist in a vacuum. (Really, there are a lot of families like this; Uri is the scapegoat within the family, but if anyone outside the family hurts him there'll be hell to pay. He's more like a thing they own than a person they love. Ironically, this kind of subtle familial objectification is more often directed at girls and women irl.)

I agree with the assessment of her as having a savior complex. I think she's frustrated rn because she knows her choice to make Uri succeed the dukedom was impractical on every level but can't possibly back down at this point. All Aquila does is bow and scrape and make concession after concession, and it's annoying. She wanted a villain to smite and got this obtuse, overpowered, overbearing weirdo instead. For him to wait until now to heal Uri's hand just reinforces in her mind that he's been insincere all along. Anyone would be pissed off in her shoes.

So ā€¦ yeah, I'm gonna stick it out in the minority here and say that I still like Lamia. Her anger is over-the-top and misaimed, but I like that. I'm tired of seeing FL after FL be portrayed as some cool unstoppable Girl Boss who can do no wrong when they're generally about as prideful and amoral as Lamia. This author is not only letting her be wrong, but letting her be an asshole, and I think that's neat. That "you son of a bitch" at the end was more powerful than any "'villainess' character calls out cartoonishly evil/petty people who wronged her" scene I've ever read because it comes with so much baggage and projection on her part. Overall, a good chapter.

(If I may offer one criticism, I'll say that I don't like that Carmen caved so easily. I like unapologetically pragmatic advisor/retainer characters who don't take shit from their emotional colleagues and superiors, so I was disappointed that he shrank back from his totally legitimate position just because she accused him of not really being loyal. That's a bit of a nitpick, though, and I still like that the scene reveals her double standards regardless.)

I dont like lamia geez wtf she mad to aquila? Poor aquila he like women like that. See him expression.. how dare u lamia (ļ½”ā€¢Ģļøæā€¢Ģ€ļ½”)

I donā€™t think I saw any comment about it but now we can be sure that uri in one of her past life harmed her and probably because of jealousy

Uri is naiive and doesn't when to open and shut his mouth. SPEAK UP when the other nobles are looking down on you. SHUT UP when the second prince was already sparing you.
Lamia has a saviour complex and it seems to be doing Uri more harm than good, instead of idk, playing to his strengths???
And Aquila... dude you act like you have DID, and the way you're trying to earn their trust is bordering on creepy

This is probably an unpopular opinion but I do not like Uri and he is so weak. The 2nd prince, Lamia, and the Duke are all not afraid of killing or death, but Uri is so scared all the time.

.... yeah. I keep on leaving and coming back and repeat. I saw 'epilogue' in ch 36/37 so I thought I might as well complete it till there.

Uhhmmmm ehhhhh I really don't know how to feel about this. Like countless others have already stated, at this point I'm just reading mainly due to the plot and well,, yeah I mean, the characters are just... whEW not really your usual leads but I think that's the thing that's making me hold on. I really did like the way the plot seemed to be in the beginning and now I still continue reading in the hope that it wasn't in vain.
Won't lie,, Lamia _can_ be a little bit annoyingly overbearing and 'gotta save my one and only uri since I'm the _oNLy_ one who actually cares for him and puts his best interests at heart' though my gosh.
Uriel..... hmm.
The father may certainly have his reasons but he's still iffy to me.
Aquila... I mean, what he did was kinda wrong(?) But another possible reason why people are acting like this is because, in general, almost all male leads were 80% 'pure hearted' innocent and 20% war/fight sorta type whereas aquila is almost like a 40% good interests 60% questionable personality and I get why they wouldn't fully trust him after he did a whole 180 on them.

Well,, let's see I guess. Whew.

if their stupid duke didn't fuck and impregnate the duchess, then she wouldn't have died. how is that uri's fault.

and the ending of this chapter. wow, i'm laughing again this is seriously stupid. and imaging hating on the character that was given ptsd from some cruel bastard. how can you like other characters because they are blood thirsty what kind of bullshit? šŸ¤£ don't get me wrong I don't like uri either but I hate everyone else šŸ˜­

Users who are viewing this thread