Lamia Orphe Is Dead - Ch. 9 - The Attack

I really like how the plot is moving, most of the times I don't really see this kind of attention in politics situations in manhwas. Sometimes we the the characters working with some random paper work and that's it. This attention to land/politics makes the story more engaging~
I also have a feeling that, for more that the Second Prince isn't a saint in anyway, there is something more about.
Yes, I am saying because of the flashback, but also because we still didn't actually seen him the story. He haven't seen him act or talk or motives. I was considering the chance that even it wasn't the Second Prince who ruined the brother's hand, but I don't think the brother would fake PTSD, but I still want to see the "Prince's side".
Things are getting heated, can't wait!

My sympathies to the cleaners.

Story is way too deep for me but I'm gonna keep reading. You'd have to wonder how the ship will be salvaged at this rate

I've got a lot of dots but i can't make a figure out of them. Once again i ask for more information.

Why do I feel it’s her brother’s plan? The way he shivered when he knew the 2nd prince “his friend” was coming.. suspicious..

She's so confident, I get the feeling she's actually being irrational. Like this is a big set up...

Thanks for your hard work! Lmao this was a tough one

Little brother isn't as innocent as she thinks considering no one would defend their abuser in the way that he did.

Thank you for all you hard work Bucci gang.

There are mysteries on top of mysteries going on here.

Wow, this series is great. I love the horror vibes it can have. Lamia trying to give her brother the dukedom is a dangerous game

So, I know it's a but earlier to make a theory, but I have been rereading the prologues and can't shake off this idea. I also believe many may have come to this conclusion, but I will talk anyway.

We have a Three Prologue Introduction, One for Aquila and Lamia, and another with them together.
I will call the first two prologues "The Current Timeline", and the prologue of them together "The Original Timeline".

So, right at the batch, we heard about a legend of a dragon who loved a human, but when the human died, the dragon decided to turn back on time to save the human, but even so the human day a years later anyway. And later on the chapter it says how Aquila, the Second Prince, inherited the same power as the dragon, also about his insane power and abilities.
Then, in the second prologue, I actually noticed it's the aftermath about what is happening know. Because Lamia is stepping down her dukedom for her brother and she says "I thought my planes were over when I heard of father's death". Yes, the father didn't die yet and how she plans to turn into a knight. Later on, we find the reason for it is to go after Aquila for what he did with her brother.
Then, we see a flashback of them together and very friendly with each other, with doesn't makes sense considering Lamia's motivation (that at the time we didn't know, but still).

So, here is my theory: In the Original Timeline, Aquila and Lamia were friends with each other and Aquila had feelings for Lamia (I say that based when he is facing a coffin and holding two rings), but Lamia died an unfortunate death (probably some plotting or something, but surely not a natural death). Aquila, who has the same power as the dragon, decides to go back on time to save Lamia. Now, I can't say how much he goes back in time, so here goes my wild guess is since he was a child.
Because in the Current Timeline, Lamia befriends the First Prince, but also based on Aquila's ability. Aquila is well know in his ability to magic and swordmaster, since he already knew those things in the Original Timeline, there was no need to learn at the same pace again. Most likely, he got even better.
Lamia, for the other had, I am guessing Aquila made a spell on her so she won't remember the Original Timeline. We see this in the beginning of her prologue and in the first chapter, were she is having a dream about a "familiar voice" and wants to meet that voice again.
Anyway, the reason Aquila, probably, is so ruthless is his way to avoid Lamia's death at any cost. I have the feeling that he probably fucked up Lamia's brother hand to avoid something in the future (like, him turning into a knight and dying in battle, making Lamia sad or feeling guilty) and so on. Not that is right of him, but he is surely trying to change the future alone, by his power only. But, by hurting Lamia's brother, it made Lamia want to go after Aquila, something I don't think it was his intention.
I don't think Lamia's memories will trigger just by meeting him again (since I am guessing he turned back until his childhood and Lamia saying she meet the prince once). But since Lamia is chasing after Aquila, at some point, her memories of the Original Timeline will come, etc.

That's mostly it, I just want to talk it out and know what anyone thinks? I know it's too soon since Aquila didn't actually showed up, but after rereading the prologues I got this feeling. If someone could tell me about what they think or personal theories, I would love to hear!

@july_daydreamer, you are an incredibly smart person haha

i love your theory it sounds really good
it probably wasn't the best way to hurt the brother to protect her, but he probably couldn't think of anything else or something

something i don't get is, are her brother and aquila friends ? Lamia keeps saying they were close, and even though the brother denies it, he keeps defending Aquila

on another note, i don't feel so good about Lamia giving up being a duchess for her brother, even though she says it's for him, it feels like she's doing it for herself.
Moreover she would make a great duchess and she's being swayed by her brother when the repercussions will end up befalling all her people. Also her brother doesn't want it and it feels like she's forcing her ideas and then responsibilities on him, now that he has to be the duke.

@Y-Quynh Happy you liked it, I was thinking about this a lot after reading the third prologue and only after rereading I thought about it.

I forgot about this! I can only think in two ways: One is that Aquila maybe didn't want to cut off all contact with Lamia's family and did it by her brother, until he noticed to take him out of knighthood was by hurting him.
Or that it wasn't Aquila who hurted Uri, but someone else. Like, Aquila made Uri promised not to tell the truth or even put an spell on him making Uri believe that it was Aquila and not someone else. It could be since we don't really know Aquila actually powers, since we don't know the limits of his powers as archmage, so maybe this is a bit too much.

Yes, Lamia mostly wanted to be the duchess, but she is giving up to give her brother a purpose. Because, since he can't be a knight, he lost his reason. And she wants revenge for Aquila hurting her brother, so it's a mix of intentions. She could try, as a duchess, deal with Aquila (I think she said why it wouldn't be effective), but she believes that turning into a knight is the most direct way to deal with him. It could also be she is, unconsciously, trying to get close to Aquila again, but once again maybe I am looking too much into it.

Yeah ! it's possible, Aquila may have gotten close to her brother and maybe something happen that made him realize he really had to unable him of being a knight for Lamia's sake. i don't think it's somebody else though, the fear and trauma seem too ingrained for it to be magic (i mean it could be, magic can do anything if it can freaking turn back time, but i don't think so)

idk, her brother doesn't seem to want to be a duke, he doesn't feel capable enough (since he isn't from what we have seen) and seems to want to drop the revenge idea. it might be that he's just so traumatized he just wants to put the topic in a box and ceal it away, never to think about ever. that he doesn't realize but actually, having revenge would bring him peace. but he loves his sister as well and i'm sure he doesn't enjoy her putting her dreams away for him

lol, we (well you) are making so much theories to give aquila the benefit of the doubt and thinking he's actually a freaking awesome guy. i wonder if we'll be disappointed when we see what actually happened

yeah she said why as a duchess she couldn't take revenge, but maybe revenge doesn't need to be taken ? obviously, forgiving him is not an option now, but idk, i'm not a big believer in revenge

Users who are viewing this thread