Lower rate limits with certain reaction score

Dex-chan lover
Would it be possible to lower the rate limits if an account has a high reaction score? Like 500+ restores the per-post rate limit to the previous one and thread creation to 5 minutes, and 1000+ will bring thread creates to 2 minutes?

Yuri Enjoyer
Staff
Developer
and thread creation to 5 minutes, and 1000+ will bring thread creates to 2 minutes
XF doesn't support that level of cooldown granularity so we can't just because of that, however...

The current thread-creation-ratelimit is, I think, good enough?
We had to deal with a significant wave of spammers lately and this was a way we had to make their life harder.
So we adjusted it to the higher end of what we consider reasonable: 15 minutes between new threads.

And I fail to see when one would really need more than that tbh. Sure, in extreme cases that might be warranted, and then it's a slight inconvenience, but how often does that happen really? And isn't it fine to just make a coffee between threads in such rare cases?

Dex-chan lover
XF doesn't support that level of cooldown granularity so we can't just because of that, however...

The current thread-creation-ratelimit is, I think, good enough?
We had to deal with a significant wave of spammers lately and this was a way we had to make their life harder.
So we adjusted it to the higher end of what we consider reasonable: 15 minutes between new threads.

And I fail to see when one would really need more than that tbh. Sure, in extreme cases that might be warranted, and then it's a slight inconvenience, but how often does that happen really? And isn't it fine to just make a coffee between threads in such rare cases?
I tried making a few bug/suggestion threads and it took me upwards of 2 hours to make them all.

Yuri Enjoyer
Staff
Developer
Sure, but that isn't something you will do frequently, while spammers are trying to shit on the forums day-in day-out. Sometimes you have to pick your battles...

Dex-chan lover
I was gonna say just bot your thread creation

then I realized that's an idea worthy of a few :slap:

Dex-chan lover
I was gonna say just bot your thread creation

then I realized that's an idea worthy of a few :slap:
I did write an userscript that would allow me to queue threads on the MyAnimeList forum, and I did once queue like 50 threads and let it run for a few hours, and came back with 50 new threads.

Users who are viewing this thread