Machikado Mazoku - Vol. 6 Ch. 69 - The Demon Agitated!? The Shocking Truth!

Ok aside from the lore drop and the magnificence of 'dimwit duo', I really enjoyed the parallel perspective pages for reasons i can't pin down (I normally hate repetitive narration but it works pretty good here I guess?)

If only foreigners had any control over getting more seasons.
I felt like this when I was a fan of US shows, too.

super happy tummy grab Shamiko. Also love the Nemesis version of "Mummy and Daddy aren't fighting, it is just grown up talk"

@Lhmac
If only foreigners had any control over getting more seasons.
I felt like this when I was a fan of US shows, too.

TL;DR The power we have... the problem is learning how to use it properly...

Well, depends on how much power you need... Crunchyroll and Netflix[1] already have space inside the some of the Anime Production Committees in Japan... and the rise in original material is a thing too... although checking numbers in the Oricon seems difficulty since Kimetsu no Yaiba is everywhere in the Top 20...

And although it's easy to blame the japanese... here we are enjoying the wonderful work of Sunrise Arrow scanlations cause nobody bothered bringing the manga officially to the west[1]... I blame the SJW's for that...

Probably there's engagement in social media too... It's cheap and could move all the casual viewers that throw money at "digital influencers" to discover how wonderful this series is... But every time some notice appears it's about an author or artist being bullied for not conforming with some majority ideals...

DVD and Blu-ray are fast becoming things of the past... so this doesn´t seem worth putting on the table...

Até mais ver
mr. Poneis

[1] And for some reason Machikado Mazoku is on Hidive...

@mrponeis I wasn't "blaming" the Japanese for anything. It's not their fault that a show isn't popular to them, it's just that we can't influence the viewing numbers by getting more people to watch.
And Netflix and CR don't have any sway over getting second seasons of already-made anime, they just help production for new shows.

@Lhmac My bad... I'm generalizing... The thing about the japanese is almost a internal joke between Keijo fans (I think some of them are serious about it), since the anime flopped and the manga sales weren't any good... A very sharp contrast is how much money they throw at Kimetsu no Yaiba, that nowadays is reigning supreme with almost all of their volumes ranking in the Oricon... and Love Live that sold (probably still sells) tons of merchandising...

The world simply isn't fair... Effort and creativity barely are enough and the AXE is a b***[1]. If you didn't blame the japanese... you should... blame EVERYONE that still ignore Shamiko and Momo misadventures... And I'm being dramatic here... (not really) sorry...

The thing is that there are some studies about the 2017's performance for the anime industry that say that they are really interested in foreign capital and feedback... and the numbers talk a lot...

http://aja.gr.jp/?wpdmdl=1202 (It's a pdf from the Association of Japanese Animators)

And I dare to insist about Cr and Nf... The only reason they don't invest in second seasons is cause the first didn't get enough revenue... B the Beginning apparently got a sequel...

https://media.netflix.com/en/press-releases/netflix-announces-second-season-of-bthe-beginning-and-debut-date-for-animated-adventure-hilda

Even though you could argue that it was a Netflix original to begin with... still it represents something...

Até mais ver
mr. Poneis

[1] A minute of silence for all it's premature victims please...

@mrponeis I have to disagree with you about the originality of Love Live, though.
The reason it is so successful goes way past the anime - it is a massive mixed media project which is worth big bucks.

Kimetsu no Yaiba I can't explain. Except that it is shounen fighting manga, and they always seem to be popular - they are accessible to mostly everyone and not a niche, but I don't know why.

@Lhmac Oricon is a site that between other things publishes a list of bestselling manga... Idol anime exists since anime is anime... so of course Love Live is nothing original... Since Macross went and presented a pretty girl trying to stop a war with music...

If you ask me Originality isn't a factor why they throw money at Love Live... They just are crazy...

And sure there are better series than Love Live... I'm an Aikatsu guy and all...

Nobody can explain Kimetsu no Yaiba... but while they think Ufotable has something to do with it[1] I hope they continue investing in better animation and life quality for their animators...

Até mais ver
mr. Poneis

[1] There is a hypothesis that the manga sales are a way to support the second season...

@mrponeis
AGAIN, you missed the point of Love Live. It's not an Idol Anime. It was a poll in a magazine, it was a game, it was an anime, it was an actual REAL LIFE CONCERT with the VAs.
The anime of Love Live is not where the popularity is at all. In fact, a lot of the fans prefer everything else over the anime.

Edit: I also forgot to mention all the albums and singles they release, all of the variety shows the VAs are on (as their characters, this is what makes the concerts fun, too). They make up unit groups inside the main group and they release songs. They release albums for the side characters in the anime, for goodness sake!

The amount of time and money they pump into Love Live, your world is very small and your point of view is very narrow if you think they are not original and don't deserve the popularity they have.

@Lhmac

TL;DR If I need a guess we aren't in the same page[1]...

Me: Anime/Manga before anything are commercial products or it sells or we don't get a second season...
You: Love Live is something different of a simple anime/manga so it shouldn't be a point to make said argument...
Me: But still it's a commercial product based on fictional characters, The ones that prevails are these that persists with their public

/TL;DR

My bad again... If anything I was taking this conversation from the premise that Love Live is something that makes LOTS of money, is/was POPULAR with the japanese and sadly casts a BIG SHADOW over brands/franchises like kirara manga like Machikado Mazoku... Hence I had Kimetsu no Yaiba in the same group... You know since your first point was about not having the influence needed to grant a second season to a series we like...

If it's a creation of a single mind[1] with some "niche" concepts or if it's a behemoth of the marketing filled with all kinds of corporative interests and engineered with "what the casual fan wants the most" in mind... should be so relevant when someone chooses something to follow? Even other "real life" idol groups sell some kind of fiction/fantasy[3] about their members... But if you insist, "Love Live is more than a simple idol anime and it is really difficult to compete against"...

But my point stands:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-05-14/new-love-live-anime-reveals-character-names-new-visual-returning-staff/.159568

Love Live has a new season... We are still waiting for news about Machikado Mazoku...

Até mais ver
mr. Poneis

[1] So what you mean is that its like AKB48 but with fictional entities like vocaloid? Or Love Live have real life counterparts that I'm unaware of? I'm kinda uninterested in idols with real flesh, blood and bone though...

[1-1] In hindsight you mentioned the VA's...

[1-2] For clarity I wonder if other point you want to make is that Love Live has other sources of income beyond watchtime on streaming, dvd/bluray sales and increase of the manga sales... Well it's still, money, popularity and reasons for more seasons (what people associate with cow milking for some reason)...

[1-3] Maybe the difference is that it's one author (manga) against various (anime directors)... Maybe there I can agree with you but Kirara have anthology collections with oneshots of various authors for the sake of releasing spin-offs if one of the stories resonates with the public... sadly it doesn't seem to be the case here...

[2] even if publication and anime and general merchandising involving a lot more people than the creator are involved too...

[3] Like they love their fans more than "ANYTHING ELSE" what is kind of a hard pill when we talk about real life beings with real life issues to attend...

@mrponeis
With your very long points, I think you were missing the main point of mine. That is only popularity.
You: why is Love Live popular, it's just an anime like Machikado Mazoku
Me: Love Live is popular because it is not just an anime. It never has been just an anime, it didn't even start as a manga and then turn into an anime. That is the reason for its' popularity.

Machikado Mazoku is small time in comparison. Manga (and a 4-koma manga, at that!) to an anime does not create even the tiniest base of popularity of Love Live.

Love Live popularity =
1. The game - two games! The games are more popular than the anime
2. The live shows they put on - The live shows are more popular than the anime
Then the anime/manga spin offs and whatever.

This was my point. Machikado Mazoku and Love Live aren't even playing the same game. There is no comparison between the two, and that is why that is so incredibly popular. You wanted to know why it is popular, I answered for you.

TL;DR two fools wondering about the philosophy of what makes something a Mega Hit... a.k.a. Why some series are worth a second season... I will let to you who the more reasonable one was...

@Lhmac First, I'm sure I hammered said point of yours in my last comment...

If it's a creation of a single mind with some "niche" concepts or if it's a behemoth of the marketing filled with all kinds of corporative interests and engineered with "what the casual fan wants the most" in mind...

I even recognized we are in (very) different pages...

You insist that the unquestionable difference between Machikado Mazoku and Love Live is the multi-media production committee backing the later...THIS SHOULD BE OBVIOUS! They put money in it, it sells, people buy it, people talk about it, it sells even more and the multi-media production comittee get their money back in spades... Why you think they would put money in something that doesn't seem profitable is really beyond me... In this game the anime is just a mean not an end goal... A reward for the loyal fans that to this day keep pushing the brand forward...

I see your claim as putting the cart before the horses... The games, shows and merchandising ONLY exists because of the manga and anime that came first and did what they were meant to do, the reason why the game sells more? You only need to buy the anime dvd/blu-ray once... The game sales clearly includes people that buy the physical and the digital copy of the same game[1]... DLC... The special editions... The micro transactions and the Gacha...

A interesting detail is that each new season brings in different girls... that will be added later to the games... Although the contrary is also true with franchises that release a game/manga/lnovel first and a anime to reel a different public too... anything goes...

Even if modest Machikado Mazoku employs efforts besides the anime and manga... singles for OP and ED, the regular merchandise... and their characters were featured in a game recently too... I insist that they do the same things and the only difference is scale... a scale backed for loads of money... money that is backed for POPULARITY!

The one that play the games, buy the merchandise, read the manga and the novels, goes to the shows is the same girl/guy that got infatuated by an anime character![2] If more people happened to learn about how endearing Shamiko, Momo and everyone else are I sincerely believe it has the potential to do as such... Numbers are a very important asset in securing a second season...

Therefore Machikado Mazoku and Love Live play the same game the difference is that the later is a "pay to win" player...

And I can keep writing and writing but this isn't a science... There's no right answer[3]... As such be sure you can still find holes in my reasoning... These walls of text are unreadable, My field of view too simplistic (romantic maybe), I can't understand the phenomenon that Love Live is...

One last thing:

Lhmac: Love Live is popular because it is not just an anime. It never has been just an anime, it didn't even start as a manga and then turn into an anime. That is the reason for its' popularity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Live! The manga is from 2012, the first anime 2013, the first PSP game is from 2014...

Edit [JUN-05-2020]: Got a peak and sure there is a single listed with a release in 2010!... Well, that's a fan for you... My shame I guess...

You wanted to know why it is popular, I answered for you.

I was sure a brought Love Live to the conversation cause I was aware it was a example of something that sells a lot with the japanese... But if you say so... Thanks for your efforts, I guess...

Até mais ver
mr. Poneis

[1] Kanemochi domo me!

[2] And how it pains me admitting to it...

[3] Be sure if I knew such a thing I have a list of series I would love to see adapted!

@mrponeis
I thought we were having a reasonable discussion, but clearly, you can't even read.
Here, an excerpt from the link you apparently got all of your information from:

The project was first announced in the July 2010 issue of Dengeki G's Magazine, which revealed that the magazine would be collaborating with the anime studio Sunrise and the music label Lantis to co-produce the project.[18] The project officially began with the August 2010 issue of Dengeki G's Magazine, which introduced the story, characters, and a more detailed explanation of the project.[19] The original plan for the story was written by Sakurako Kimino, who also writes the short stories for Love Live! featured in Dengeki G's Magazine.

You're not even worth talking to if you refuse to believe anything that someone who knows more about a project than you do tells you, so don't expect me to even read your response. You didn't want to learn anything, only to be right. That's a pretty disgusting way to interact with someone else who is trying to have a reasonable discussion. Maybe if I comment on another thread and you tag me to apologise for your jerky comments, I might read it. I didn't even read anything else you wrote, because clearly you just like talking out of your ass.

Edit: oh wait, I forgot to add: look under Discography while you're at it, check out some of those dates of the songs (hint: it's before 2012, you idiot.)

@Lhmac

After this amount of evidence probably the reasonable thing to do is take this checkmate as a good sportsman, offer my sincere thanks for taking so much of your precious time and leave... I didn't get my point across (Or so I would like to think), and you went really passionate with yours...

For the love of God don't take it as a offense... I'm sure while we have people burning so bright like you[1]... the franchise(s) will be fine... Be it Machikado Mazoku or Love Live!...

Até mais ver
mr. Poneis

Ps.: Again, I'm sure stupid and obnoxious... So I unnerve people more than I am proud to admit... Apparently my refusal maybe hurt you so I hope time can give me a chance to receive your pardon for my blatant ignorance some of these days... Suddenly I have the impression I'm just twisting a knife while writing this... I really have a bad time being sincere...

[1] By the way my favorite fire users in fiction are Portgas D. Ace, Yamamoto Genryuusai Shigekuni and Roy Mustang...

neat, it's rare to have apocalyptic revelations that aren't just visions

K On( two seasons & movies), gochiusa ( 2 seasons and a movie [in the past]) and kinmoza (I don't know exactly, but atlest it has a 2-3 seasons). ???

Users who are viewing this thread