Machikado Mazoku - Vol. 6 Ch. 72 - Interlude!? The Demon's Brand New World!!

Dex-chan lover
Incredibly surreal this chapter is. Everything is just a little askew or out of focus, bizarre like the tapirs or Ugallu's day school, jarring like Seiko's reference to the "old days" or her amnesia or the weird repetition of things like "Things are normal," "let's enjoy our youth," "no more isekais" etc.

What on earth does Shamiko as the "dawning demon" mean?

I wonder whether bringing Gusion back from the other world opened up another warp into this one, maybe one that can only be closed once Gusion is incarnated in Ogura. And no, no wiping out our Ogura!

Also, that little dark-haired minx is playing for keeps. She's definitely out to bag Momo. And she's part of the "demonic pack"?

Dex-chan lover
Mikan casually shoving some lemons on Shamiko makes me feel things really are normal, also the mamacycle is one of thoose things that really say "commitment" to a parent role, geez

Ars

Shamiko's flip phone still has no signal and with the other weird things going on plus Sakura's warning at the beginning leads me to believe that there's still some kind of barrier shenanigans afoot.

Yay, we're caught up to the raws!

Also fuck, we're caught up to the raws!

Dex-chan lover
So finally caught up, guess we're going to have to get used to a slower release from now on but like Momo, I'd rather not.
Well, looks like everything's calmed down and it's back to abnormal. No idea where things are headed from here but I'm sure it will be something crazy, at least there seems to be another strong Momo fan at that not-girls mixer and her friends want to hook them up.
I have no idea what Anri means by dawning demon though.

@Dudley I would be, if it actually happened. But it won't be an arc. Probably just a slow development in the background.
I am sure the Dark Office will take precedence.

@Nevos
It's just more of the awkward phrasing that's hard to translate. It's just another part of the "let's enjoy our youth" thing. Dawning as in it's still her dawn in life/her carreer as a mazoku. Ito loves putting demon behind any adjective that describes Shamiko.

dw, whiny low iq complainers or whoever supposedly makes up the majority of mangadex drama causing audience are, they are OP.

So op, they can break physics and force scanlators to release chapters that dont exist.

We'lll get weekly chapters

Supporter
@thofheinz
I don't think we need to be particularly concerned about "overwriting" the current Sion making her go away; Sakura doesn't seem like the kind of person who would advocate anything like sacrificing someone permanently. She described Gusion as "data-like" and the process as like an "update" so it's probably safe to think of the process as more akin to downloading a patch for a program that's out of date.

...not that Shamiko probably remembers most of this, thanks Metako.

@LTalon
But what does "patching" a person mean? Transfering all the knowledge of Gusion into Sion? That will alter who Sion is inadvertently. You can't be injected with an entire life's worth of memories and not somehow change. At this point Sion and Gusion are clearly different people, even if they have similar personalities and inclinations. Gusion seems to be calm, experienced and compassionate, while Sion is extremely curious, cowardly and easily depressed. Sion's newfound obssessive interest in Momo would totally vanish if she suddenly had the perspective of Gusion who seems to see Momo more like the family of a dear friend(read: labrat).

Dex-chan lover
On one hand, I'm glad we're back to some more slice of life-y stuff, which is where this manga is at its best IMO. But on the other: "...with the Tapir and the Trash Dame probably not making their appearances". Noooooo, I need more Trash Queen!

I can't wait until mext weeks chapter. Love affairs, mixers... although... I want Trash Dame to be jn every panel.

"Do the best you can to keep everyone alive"? - Is their current situation that precarious? The tone of the story suddenly jumped up.

The "overwriting" does sound wrong, it's not really the same as updating/upgrading. But the only thing for Shamiko to do is to consult with Ogura anyway, it will be up to her what gets done and what does not.

Momo is no longer yanking Shamiko's tail to stop her/get her attention, but lovingly caressing it instead. It's an improvement is it not?

Mikan already had a talk with her parents about Ugallu. Seems like she is a welcome granddaughter. Heartwarming :)

That tapir... did Shamiko somehow, accidentally altered the world, or was that just a gruesome coincidence? Anyway, I can see keeping that tapir alive challenging...

Shamikanmomo - cute, they are already identified as a unit (and a unit of demons at that XD)

Lol at Shamiko being shocked then flustered with Momo's increasing competition "fanbase".

Caught up with the raws, oh noes...

Oh well, no big deal, time moves forward far too fast anyway.

Thanks guys from Sunrise Arrows + collaborators, predecessors, etc, for bringing this thus far. It's really great being able to enjoy this without having to learn Japanese.

Dex-chan lover
Noooo we all caught up! Thanks guys, good job!

Also dammit Mikan, when at cake buffet, eat cakes, not oranges

Mikan chan being a good responsible teenage mother, makes youproud, but I hope Momo or Shamiko check in on them to make sure she's feeding Uggalu something other than oranges.

Poor Shamiko, she had Mom all to herself and in the past two chapters, her rivals went from zero to three, Hang in there Shamiko get your own Harem and get your revenge.

@RedInACup: the only law is that companies must be truthful and upfront about gacha rates, which is why you'll see a button that lists the rates for every single possible thing from the gacha in every game.

Some games go further and implement a spending limit if the player is a minor.

good to see Sakura again, however brief, but I'm curious about calling it the bureau of darkness if it's for both factions? 'overwrite' doesn't sound like something good for the ogura that we've come to know. I love how Metako is just there in Shamiko's room, not being questioned by either her or mom. Momo being able to get payback for all the belly touching in the form of tail fondling is simply lovely. Does normalcy really exist for a band of oddballs like this cast? I suppose Anri is pretty baseline, but since she's still on the sidelines I'm not sure she should be counted. Thanks for the work so far translators, see y'all in a month.

Dex-chan lover
In the last frame of the left strip on p. 5, Momo is heading out to "talk sense" into Liko/Riko holding a wand, and it looks like Mikan has decided to film it.

What is Momo going to do?

Double-page supporter
I'm betting original Gusion wiped everyone's memories of her 10 years back after everything went down to remain hidden, but then Gusion herself got reduced "to her last page" and ended up forgetting most things as well. Sion's been going to great lengths to stay hidden after all, and Gusion's dialogue a few chapters back of "I'm sure you just forgot about me living next door" seemed kinda sketchy.

Perhaps she's hiding from whatever left Joshua in a box and Sakura as a core as the sole "survivor" from that conflict.

Users who are viewing this thread