Madougushi Dahliya wa Utsumukanai ~Kyou Kara Jiyuu na Shokunin Life~

@WoodyCyber both stories are almost the same, although I prefer the other one as the art is better and there’s more detail. Like someone else said previously we get to see how she grows up with her ex husband in a more detailed light and readers can now treat him appropriately as the piece of garbage that he is

Thanks for the update!! I really like how they're just Wolf and Dahlia are just having fun and talking about their common interest rn. Also that fairy crystal's properties and Wolf's difficulties *eyes*

thanks for the translation and your hard work! you made me discover a great manga that I wouldn't know otherwise. The first volume came in my country and I didn't hesitate to buy it as soon as I saw it <3

thanks for the translation
to other reader i would advice to read the other version first then this one because only both together will give you a wholesome story.

the other one should be read first because it starts "earlier" (in childhood and explains the whole engagement) and feels more organic afterwards this one because the focus of the events is different.
the other one focuses more on things and events like the development of her re-inventions this one focuses more on the people

This seems like a more causal adaptation that doesn't focus too much on the magic devices. The faces are a bit prettier here, and it's probably slightly more focused on romance.

But the other manga has a better art overall (and better grasp on visual storytelling), as well as more of the story, details, magic devices.

Anyway, can anyone explain why there seem to be two different adaptations (that came out at the same time even)?

I dropped this story because I didn't like how they portrayed the entire case of the ex-fiance. Call him a dick all you want, but I legitimately couldn't go on after realizing that he was basically unable to get any success in his as an apprentice because the FL had isekai knowledge and could make things that were far ahead of time and take all the credit for it. He had to suffer because she had a cheat of isekai knowledge, which made him develop an inferiority complex.

And he tried to get her to rely on him so that he could feel like he could stand something in life, but she didn't even let him have that, basically making him feel like he's worth nothing.

Yeah, I'm sure I'm supposed to root for the FL because her ex did bad things to her and likely will do in this story, but I just can't follow the FL after realizing that she basically abused her knowledge to make tech that served more for her to get ahead without considering how others feel. And if I can't support the MC, I can't follow the story.

@omegaxis1 Well if that isn't the most backwards logic I've ever seen. Have an advantage? Don't use it, you might cause problems for others. There might be someone out there that also wants to succeed but doesn't have your advantage so you should actively sabotage your own success for their sake. Cheats are something you choose, it can't be a cheat if you have no control over it. FL didn't choose to be reincarnated with knowledge of her past life, thus it literally cannot be cheating to use that knowledge. That's called a natural advantage! Life isn't fair and it never will be, people are different and have differing circumstances and skills. If you or he don't like that then tough shit.

Also there's one simple concept that blows his and your every possible argument out of the water: this failure of a man didn't SAY ANYTHING. Total lack of communication. Given the kind of person our FL is if he'd said anything at all about the problems he was having this would have turned out very differently. He was too proud to talk about his problems and deserves exactly zero sympathy. It's not his fault that she has this massive leg up in comparison, but equally she has absolutely NO moral requirement to hold back from using every possible advantage to get ahead. That's life, baby!

TFW you feel woefully inadequate compared to your lady so you treat her like shit and try to steal her accomplishments, but you're somehow also too proud to talk out your issues like a functioning adult. The sheer fucking temerity of it all.

Dex-chan lover
Its alright.
Too much technical magical lingo talk for my tastes.

Reminds me of Mahouka

@Mystearical
That's fine if you feel that way.

But I see it as her ultimately stealing the ideas of people that were more imaginative and creative than her and passing off their inventions as her own because she had knowledge that happened through magical reincarnation. There was another story where a girl had isekai knowledge of an invention that would be discovered. She could do it herself and reap the profits but resolved that she wouldn't do that and instead just use it for herself secretly while letting the discovery be made on its own because she didn't want to steal from others.

Communication is a two-way street. Just as he couldn't talk to her, she never bothered to open up to him by any means. Despite how she was his fiance, she never bothered to really get to know him intimately or understand him.

You might consider it backward thinking, and that's fine. You've got your own opinion. But I can't support an FL that acts like she's the tragic one when she has all the skills and abilities that she's used to reap the benefits from others that aspire with ideas, but she destroys their ideas because hers are just more advanced through isekai cheat knowledge.

That's my stance on the matter. Whether you agree with it or not is irrelevant.

Users who are viewing this thread