Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Ch. 349 - Where Joy Leads

Dex-chan lover
Now if I remember correctly, if he ranks up twice the magic he can use with his ring will go up significantly.

I hope we see the spirit of the ring again.

Dex-chan lover
my reason for saying it probably won't go pass 500 chapters is because this is a comedy series in a school setting and those rarely ever last 10+ years. mostly because there's only so many times you can reuse the same basis for an arc before it get's tired. there's also the author's ability to churn out jokes will normally get exhausted by that point in time. even if this were to last to chapter 500, surely we would be close to the end of the final arc.
You mean like Doraemon which lasted for 20 years with 1344 short episodes (which converts to about 850 chapters; ) or KochiKame: Tokyo Beat Cops which lasted 40 with 1960 chapters; or Cooking Papa which has been going for almost 40 years, is still ongoing and has 1690 chapters; or Kinnikuman which ran for about 20 years then got started up again in 2011; or how about similar series that blend comedy with serious moments like this one in Fairy Tail and Gintama which both have over 700 chapters, or heck One Piece with it's over 1000 chapters and counting; and I could honestly keep going if I really wanted to go further into it. The fact is, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Dex-chan lover
Yeeeah they ain't winning 😭
We really didn't see anyone else prepping something huge or even mentioned. So either it's a sudden surprise they get beat or they only win the tricky prize and they give Sylvia the rank up

Dex-chan lover
You mean like Doraemon which lasted for 20 years with 1344 short episodes (which converts to about 850 chapters; ) or KochiKame: Tokyo Beat Cops which lasted 40 with 1960 chapters; or Cooking Papa which has been going for almost 40 years, is still ongoing and has 1690 chapters; or Kinnikuman which ran for about 20 years then got started up again in 2011; or how about similar series that blend comedy with serious moments like this one in Fairy Tail and Gintama which both have over 700 chapters, or heck One Piece with it's over 1000 chapters and counting; and I could honestly keep going if I really wanted to go further into it. The fact is, you have no idea what you're talking about.
pointing out exceptions does not change what i said. the majority of comedy slice of life mangas don't last past chapter 500 if they even get there. cope and seethe.

Dex-chan lover
pointing out exceptions does not change what i said. the majority of comedy slice of life mangas don't last past chapter 500 if they even get there. cope and seethe.
The majority of manga in general don't make it past chapter 200, your logic is just horribly flawed. Also these aren't exceptions these are the reality because there are MANY more examples to this iceberg that proves that you have no idea what you're talking about. The genre a series is from has very little to do with the longevity of the series in the realm of manga, all that matters is whether or not the mangaka can think of enough material to keep the series going and/or if the audience is willing to stick with the series that long, the fact is that Iruma-kun has shown very few signs of slowing down, past that you're just making assumptions based on your biases. Sorry mate, but you're just flat out wrong, nice try though, have a good day.

Edit: Oh, and before you try to come back make further bogus claims, make sure you have some evidence to back it all up, statistics, examples, whatever, because right now, the burden of proof is all on you.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It would actually be refreshing for a main character to ACTUALLY receive the reward that they worked hard for

Dex-chan lover
Ofc we all expect for something to happen to dump on their parade.
But what if they really just win? And we get an arc where Iruma is getting demoted, cause he's put in situation for r7 but not really at r7 yet? And he gets demoted and its whole shabang about it, and how he gotta overcome it and rank again
That is actually such a bright idea for the story. Teachers have been trheating with demoting but never actually done so. It would be really interesting to see how Iruma is put to the challenges of a Rank 7 demon and fail to do so because he is not at the level resulting with more suspense because we can actually see the protagonist fail but come back stronger as a rank 7 demon should be

Dex-chan lover
I honestly have to wonder if the top prize will go to the Art Battler for their help with the Haunted House.

Users who are viewing this thread