Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Ch. 349 - Where Joy Leads

Dex-chan lover
Damn this is no good.
To me the top prize means two possible things:
They will lose because Iruma can't just be rank 7 now
They will win and we are rushing to the end.
I like neither

Dex-chan lover
Also, where are you Ameri?
I know it's not the main focus but can we have some progress?

Dex-chan lover
Damn this is no good.
To me the top prize means two possible things:
They will lose because Iruma can't just be rank 7 now
They will win and we are rushing to the end.
I like neither
I feel like the author will have the teachers find a loophole, or maybe they'll get second place and the arts battler gets first place for once thanks to their efforts in helping Iruma and the other battlers (something that would still be a bit of a happy end since Beem and the other person, whose name escapes me, would get rewarded for their efforts) 🤔

Dex-chan lover
Also, where are you Ameri?
I know it's not the main focus but can we have some progress?
That's something I've been wondering about as well, given her interest in having the haunted house experience with Iruma. I would have expected at least a flash of her being distraught at having too much work to do so this chapter 🤔

Dex-chan lover
It's not that deep, they're (the mangaka) just using more ocidental concepts of demonology.
Demonology is heavily rooted in Abrahamic Religions in general (Jewish, Christian and Islamic).
And because of that it uses a lot of Hebrew, that's the language (and alphabet obviously) used at the time the scriptures were written.
That's why mangas that deal with a lot of demons and shit use Hebrew words and Abrahamic concepts.
They're not calling the Jewish demons or anything like that.
Exactly, it's like how Devil worshipping cults will use inverted Christian or Jewish symbols to show that they worship the being that stands polar opposite to God. I think a lot of people forget that some of the most common demon names are taken from the book of Solomon since the named demons from the Bible are some of the most well known traditional demons (traditional in the sense that the "demon" equivalents found in other religions and mythologies aren't technically demons at all, like how Yokai get the "demon" label, even though that's not quite accurate.)

Aggregator gang
Yeah, feels like bait, some bullshit gonna happen and he won't rank up. And, if he does, at best it will only be 1 rank.

Dex-chan lover
i can't imagine this manga lasting more than 500 chapters. i think it's time people start getting ready for this manga to come to an end.
I don't know about that, this series is still doing pretty well and the japanmans are more than happy to milk a mango for as long as it makes money. I doubt it's ever going to hit One Piece numbers but I can absolutely see it go passed six or seven hundred. Whether it should go passed that point or not is really up to the author and if the author can maintain the same level of quality.

Dex-chan lover
ngl i'm surprised bachiko was rational enough to not blow the shit out of the haunted house. but seriously finally this arc is coming to an end. i've grown tired of this arc already and was starting to feel like it's outstayed it's welcome. haunted house arcs are really best saved for october.

edit: apparently lot's of people want iruma to lose because they think it's too soon. y'all realize this is chapter 349 right? too soon? how? this manga has to eventually come to an end and i believe this is the right time for iruma to rank up high enough to finally start getting recognized throughout the entire underworld. i can't imagine this manga lasting more than 500 chapters. i think it's time people start getting ready for this manga to come to an end.

It's more like the fact that the chapter ends with them hoping for a rank up is a clear setup that they won't

Dex-chan lover
But the Demon ranking is not about strenght...
Going through most of the series, Demon ranking seem to be based on the following:
  • The Demon's Strength
  • The Demon's Influence throughout the Netherworld
  • The Demon's Achievements throughout the Netherworld

And Demons of High Rank are usually expected to possess a certain level of strength, a reason why we see demons being at awe of other demons of higher rank, or even how demons of high rank having pride in their rank (for example, Kalego has pride in both his and Balam's rank as 8 ranked demons). Not to mention if there's a demon that's low in rank, but they possess an impressive amount of power, it becomes questioned as to why that Demon's rank isn't higher (we saw this when Azz was fighting Ifrit, and Ifrit was actually upset that Azz's rank wasn't higher to properly match the power he displayed).

Now as for Iruma, I'd say he still lacking in terms of strength and a little in terms of influence. Most of Iruma's influence (outside of his inner circle such as his connections to waterpark, idol work, bachiko, as well as his classmates, etc) stems from simply being the grandson of Sullivan, so it's less Iruma's influence and more of his Grandfather's. As for his strength, while Iruma is capable of performing high level magic and has access to large amounts of magic power, it's usually due to the help of his ring that has Sullivan's magic stored in it for him. Individually speaking, Iruma is still learning things such as non-verbal magic for different spells.

Now when it comes to achievements, Iruma has definitely accomplished enough where he'd at least complete that criteria. So all in all, that's why I think it's too soon for Iruma to rank up, at least too soon to go up to rank 7. Of course, someone could argue that Iruma's a unique case since Ali's strength is dependent on Iruma's demon rank, and Iruma ranking up would increase Ali's strength and in turn Iruma's, and in which case I wouldn't disagree.

Sorry for the rambling.

Dex-chan lover
I think that Iruma will care about Silvia or Beem going up two levels in the rank and the other members of the magic apparatus club, of which Iruma is also a part, will only go up one level in the rank. And the other option would be for Iruma to receive the tricker's prize exactly as in the first year. It's also funny that Clara's family is all dressed up as ghosts.

I would also like to find out if Orias Oswell sensei and Mephisto are related, more precisely cousins, just as Bachiko and Robin are related, more precisely cousins.

It should be noted that Sabzan, the father of Silvia and Sabro, looks like Baal, although the 2 (Sabzan and Baal) are not blood relatives.

I rewatched episode x from season 3, which is called the teachers' banquet, and Marbaras states that he has a sister who is Keroli's manager.

So the mother of Keroli and Chima, had her eldest son take pictures of the possible suitor for her daughters Keroli and Chima.

It is very good that Sabzan realized how talented his daughter Silvia is in the field of arts.

Dex-chan lover
It should be noted that Sabzan, the father of Silvia and Sabro, looks like Baal, although the 2 (Sabzan and Baal) are not blood relatives.
Wasn't Baal noted to be connected to the Sabnock family when he went to visit Sabzan and offer Sabro his recommendation to become the next Demon King?

Dex-chan lover
Just when shit finally is setting down, I know the author, he's cooking, must protecc iruma, very nice to see him have fun, no Sullivan seen yet, he probably won't get first place but something might happen that might lead him to becoming rank 7 sooner or later wink, wink. As of right now, my personal opinion is that iruma is still kinda immature to handle rank 7, he needs a lil bit of maturing to get there, azz-azz and Clara also need a rank boost to get close to iruma. Current plot is a lil too chill but it's the art arc and they definitely deserve a lil break, but when the plot is a lil chill, comes the worst, I don't know about you but buckle up boys n gals cause it's about to get cold n bloody

Dex-chan lover
I don't know about that, this series is still doing pretty well and the japanmans are more than happy to milk a mango for as long as it makes money. I doubt it's ever going to hit One Piece numbers but I can absolutely see it go passed six or seven hundred. Whether it should go passed that point or not is really up to the author and if the author can maintain the same level of quality.
my reason for saying it probably won't go pass 500 chapters is because this is a comedy series in a school setting and those rarely ever last 10+ years. mostly because there's only so many times you can reuse the same basis for an arc before it get's tired. there's also the author's ability to churn out jokes will normally get exhausted by that point in time. even if this were to last to chapter 500, surely we would be close to the end of the final arc.

Dex-chan lover
How has this arc overstayed it's welcome in the slightest? Just because it's not filled to the brim with action it doesn't mean the pacing was bad, and yes it is rather early for Iruma to be at the same rank with as a teacher. Why are you so keen on this series ending sooner rather than later, especially given your profile pic shows you enjoy one of the longest running manga of all time? One Piece proves that a manga can go to a 1000+ chapters and not lose its stride, so why decide Iruma has to end at half of that? Stop griping and just learn to enjoy the slower paced moments along with the faster paced moments, or just take a step away, nobody will miss your negativity anyway.
why do idiots always assume that every criticism is because "not enough action dur". i don't know why anyone would be 350 chapters deep into a slice of life school comedy that has almost no action at all if the only thing they were looking for is action. to me this arc over stayed it's welcome because far too many chapters felt empty. hardly any dialogue or comedy and that's not even to mention that this is just a rehash of an already done school event arc.

Dex-chan lover
my reason for saying it probably won't go pass 500 chapters is because this is a comedy series in a school setting and those rarely ever last 10+ years. mostly because there's only so many times you can reuse the same basis for an arc before it get's tired. there's also the author's ability to churn out jokes will normally get exhausted by that point in time. even if this were to last to chapter 500, surely we would be close to the end of the final arc.
I don't think the school thing will hold it back to much, there's a lot of stuff outside of the school left to explore as well. So far the author has been doing a good job of keeping scenarios pretty varied, which should help keep things fresh for longer than most.
this is just a rehash of an already done school event arc.
You're technically not wrong but I think it's still different enough that it feels new. Going from running a labyrinth to stop a bombing starring the core cast, to managing the building of a haunted house with an expanded cast. Most of this arc so far has been setup and some of it could have been more efficiently written. Personally I don't mind that sort of thing but I can understand how someone could get bored of it especially if one of the new characters don't click. I think it's had a lot of fun character work so far and we're finally getting to the pay off.

Group Leader
Yyyeah. Im not sure if Iruma gonna win. the fact that they posed that question means it might not be possible... who knows

Dex-chan lover
why do idiots always assume that every criticism is because "not enough action dur". i don't know why anyone would be 350 chapters deep into a slice of life school comedy that has almost no action at all if the only thing they were looking for is action. to me this arc over stayed it's welcome because far too many chapters felt empty. hardly any dialogue or comedy and that's not even to mention that this is just a rehash of an already done school event arc.
I called it out because most of your other criticisms have been about the pacing as well, the most common reason for that is because the person expected things to be more fast paced during more slow paced sections, and this generally equates to a lack of action. The point ultimately is that you're criticisms are shallow because, you say there has been no dialogue, but there has been a lot, maybe not the kind of dialogue your looking for, but there has been plenty going on this arc. You argue there is no comedy, but you have missed the fact that this arc has been a bit more of the serious end, which is necessary for a slice of life so the comedy doesn't get stale and to create world building and character development. Your claims that this is a rehash are also incredibly ignorant, of course we're going to see a repeat of the school festival from the first year, it'd be ridiculous if they skipped over it since that's not how that works, but that doesn't mean it's a repeat of events, this has been a chance to see a change in how the Magitools battler is treated and to create a push for Iruma and co to become more involved with the battler they haven't invested much into, especially now that they have a member that actually knows what they're doing (so hopefully future arcs will include more involvement with the battler, at least in terms of passing remarks, if nothing else.) You claim that I am attacking you because of a little criticism, and yet all you have given are brainless complaints and a call for the series to end soon because that's what you believe should happen. The only fair comment you had was about the lack of comedy, and yet that is no different than the "lack of action" perspective I called you out for in my past comment. Honestly, I just don't get why you don't just take a step back and take a break from the series (to wait until it's done) if you're going to gripe every chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread