Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Ch. 349 - Where Joy Leads

Dex-chan lover
Is Iruma the captain? I though the senpai was?
No, Iruboy is the captain, he inherited the position from the crazy yandere.

I can't quite remember if the senpai was already in the magitools battler or if he was "forced" to enter after his screw-up with Amelie, one way or another... I would trust him to be captain even of the sewing club... which in this school must be some hardcore shit.

Dex-chan lover
Happy to see silvia father was supportive of her. :hearts:
Really makes it clear that baal is a cancer to their family.

Also can't wait for his first wife student president to experience this haunted house with Iruma:meguu:

Also regardless if Iruma goes one rank or 2. I really really am excited to see how his ring will power up. As I can see him being a big part of the main plot if he can autonomy not just be bound near Iruma! Or better yet, imagine Iruma grows taller! No more neck breaking mence Iruma! One can only imagine

Dex-chan lover
The ranks feel more like a measure of social standing than just power levels. Isn't Iruma higher than Azz and Sabnock even though no one thinks he's stronger than them?
AzuAzu has never doubt he's weaker than iruma after getting suplexed, also Evil phase Iruma showing his power with Kalego or well when he uses the ring full power he has shown to be stronger to both of them, *WE know they're stronger because we know the ring power is actually Sullivan's, but for everyone else (school students) Iruma is OP af.

Dex-chan lover
I think they will win, but:

kihM6YK.png

Thus, Silvia will go up 2 ranks and Iruma will go to rank 6.

Thanks for the chapter!
this makes way too much sense, and probably will allow to troll Ameri because they will be the same rank for a short moment as she's also near rank 7 (probably a good way to enter a well deserved Ameri arc)

Double-page supporter
it feels kinda fucked up how demons and magic are almost always related to jewish symbology in manga
Specifically in this case it's because of King Solomon of ancient Israel of whom was said to have used or controlled Jinn in some sources written long after and which much later came to be Solomon was a magic practitioner and the owner of the Ars Goetia demons.

None of this is verifiable as actually having happened, but the writing's all there to claim as much through the ages.

Dex-chan lover
it feels kinda fucked up how demons and magic are almost always related to jewish symbology in manga
If it makes you feel any better, it's less that demons are related to Jewish symbology and more like all Abrahamic religions. The old testament is a foundational book in all of them, after all. Those ideas and specific names would've originated from different parts of the middle east, so there's also some ties to stuff like Zoroastrian beliefs, which were either borrowed or grandfathered in to Judaism. The reason why Hebrew is used is probably because it's the script associated with the origins of these demons in the Abrahamic mythology, such as the book of Tobais.

Dex-chan lover
They can't win because that's way too much rank, but also, we haven't been shown any better battler exhibition. Last year it was the broadcasting one because they helped a lot to cover up the plot, and they can't win the tricky one again because they already won it once and it was made to show their efforts that got stepped on when they got disqualified.
So I wonder what's gonna happen to stop them from getting Top Prize

Dex-chan lover
The ranks feel more like a measure of social standing than just power levels. Isn't Iruma higher than Azz and Sabnock even though no one thinks he's stronger than them?
normally id agree with you but the ring spirit gets more powerful the more iruma ranks up so there is obviously some kinda magical effect too, one that even effect iruma.

Double-page supporter
No, Iruboy is the captain, he inherited the position from the crazy yandere.

I can't quite remember if the senpai was already in the magitools battler or if he was "forced" to enter after his screw-up with Amelie, one way or another... I would trust him to be captain even of the sewing club... which in this school must be some hardcore shit.

As far as I remember, Kiriwo (crazy yandere) was the only member, and hence, captain of the Magitools battler when Iruma, Asmodeus, and Clara became members. Even after the events of the previous year's battler party, Kiriwo was still treated as the captain until his expulsion from the school. Iruma was then appointed by the other remaining members to be captain.

After the Student Council Arc, Schenell (the guy who made the drug to make Ameri change personalities) was appointed as member (so that Iruma and company keep an eye on him, also taking into account his skill and interest).

Then the next year, the freshmen joined in: Yabashi, the spider guy; Chima, Kerori's little sis; and Silvia, Sabnock's little sis.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah I have to agree that sylvia will get the prize or some other team will win first place to introduce a new rival or something.
Mangaka just pick out what looks cool whether it be jewish numbers, Solomon's 72 demons, Isayama not knowing that you shouldn't depict a single character as both Loki and Odin, all the Christian references in Evangelion. They don't really understand the symbols that they use.

Users who are viewing this thread