Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Ch. 349 - Where Joy Leads

Dex-chan lover
Everyone agrees that they aren't winning the Top Prize, right? They set it up in a way that there's no way they can win because Iruma can't be Rank 7 this soon and this easily. Every major rank-up he's had so far required effort and was earned, to suddenly get two ranks in an arc that isn't even focused on Iruma at all (he was more of a background character than anything) it would be unsatisfying.

So either they'll just win the "Amazing Prize", which seems like the most appropriate prize OR if they do win the Top Prize, he'll somehow not be awarded the rank ups.

I admit it, kind of a shame that they made it so obvious that top prize is 2 Rank-ups for the Captain, because the more amazing the reward for a main character, the higher the struggle they have to go through to earn it and Iruma did NOT struggle this arc.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah I have to agree that sylvia will get the prize or some other team will win first place to introduce a new rival or something.

Mangaka just pick out what looks cool whether it be jewish numbers, Solomon's 72 demons, Isayama not knowing that you shouldn't depict a single character as both Loki and Odin, all the Christian references in Evangelion. They don't really understand the symbols that they use.
Fair enough. I sometimes get mistakes about Japanese mythology. I read a book where the holy sword of Japanese mythology was that powerful because of a Christian artifact.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone agrees that they aren't winning the Top Prize, right? They set it up in a way that there's no way they can win because Iruma can't be Rank 7 this soon and this easily. Every major rank-up he's had so far required effort and was earned, to suddenly get two ranks in an arc that isn't even focused on Iruma at all (he was more of a background character than anything) it would be unsatisfying.

So either they'll just win the "Amazing Prize", which seems like the most appropriate prize OR if they do win the Top Prize, he'll somehow not be awarded the rank ups.

I admit it, kind of a shame that they made it so obvious that top prize is 2 Rank-ups for the Captain, because the more amazing the reward for a main character, the higher the struggle they have to go through to earn it and Iruma did NOT struggle this arc.
I think it's possible they win the top prize but if they do, Iruma will probably give it to Silvia or they'll split it some other way. I don't even think it'd be in character for him to accept it right now, not with how much of a team effort this was as well as the fact he already had an existential crisis when he hit Rank 5.

That being said though, short of them not winning ANYTHING, I don't find any of the prospects disappointing. An upgrade to the battler room or budget increase would both be amazing, considering this was really just the first step in Iruma's goal to make the Magitool Battler something really special. Narratively it would even make more sense for them to win one of those two, while also letting them sneak by the Rank 7 Iruma issue without a problem. I actually wouldn't even be surprised if the art battler wins first because of the haunted house plus all the other stuff they did, leaving room for Magitools to comfortably take second. That way, too, we'd be able to see Beem and Marnie get the praise they deserve.

Iruma didn't struggle this arc, but he was a great leader, and narratively I think that's much more important.

Dex-chan lover
Weak ass twink about to go zayin from just making a haunted house lmao aint no way these rank numbers actually represents power of strength :kek: :kek:
It's not power as in:
I punch really hard or my magic is really strong sort of power
More like a ranking of social standing, how important or a proactive member of the Demon Society you are
Welp, even then, some people seem to rank up by being just straight up stronger than others.

Dex-chan lover
it feels kinda fucked up how demons and magic are almost always related to jewish symbology in manga
It's not that deep, they're (the mangaka) just using more ocidental concepts of demonology.
Demonology is heavily rooted in Abrahamic Religions in general (Jewish, Christian and Islamic).
And because of that it uses a lot of Hebrew, that's the language (and alphabet obviously) used at the time the scriptures were written.
That's why mangas that deal with a lot of demons and shit use Hebrew words and Abrahamic concepts.
They're not calling the Jewish demons or anything like that.

Dex-chan lover
ngl i'm surprised bachiko was rational enough to not blow the shit out of the haunted house. but seriously finally this arc is coming to an end. i've grown tired of this arc already and was starting to feel like it's outstayed it's welcome. haunted house arcs are really best saved for october.

edit: apparently lot's of people want iruma to lose because they think it's too soon. y'all realize this is chapter 349 right? too soon? how? this manga has to eventually come to an end and i believe this is the right time for iruma to rank up high enough to finally start getting recognized throughout the entire underworld. i can't imagine this manga lasting more than 500 chapters. i think it's time people start getting ready for this manga to come to an end.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I think it's possible they win the top prize but if they do, Iruma will probably give it to Silvia or they'll split it some other way. I don't even think it'd be in character for him to accept it right now, not with how much of a team effort this was as well as the fact he already had an existential crisis when he hit Rank 5.

That being said though, short of them not winning ANYTHING, I don't find any of the prospects disappointing. An upgrade to the battler room or budget increase would both be amazing, considering this was really just the first step in Iruma's goal to make the Magitool Battler something really special. Narratively it would even make more sense for them to win one of those two, while also letting them sneak by the Rank 7 Iruma issue without a problem. I actually wouldn't even be surprised if the art battler wins first because of the haunted house plus all the other stuff they did, leaving room for Magitools to comfortably take second. That way, too, we'd be able to see Beem and Marnie get the praise they deserve.

Iruma didn't struggle this arc, but he was a great leader, and narratively I think that's much more important.
the whole point of the battler party is to show the underworld great leadership and teamwork. i don't think it would make sense for iruma to reject the rank up just because this was a team effort. also it would make even less sense for him to reject the rank up when he's in a competition against the other 2 grandchildren.

Dex-chan lover
ngl i'm surprised bachiko was rational enough to not blow the shit out of the haunted house. but seriously finally this arc is coming to an end. i've grown tired of this arc already and was starting to feel like it's outstayed it's welcome. haunted house arcs are really best saved for october.

edit: apparently lot's of people want iruma to lose because they think it's too soon. y'all realize this is chapter 349 right? too soon? how? this manga has to eventually come to an end and i believe this is the right time for iruma to rank up high enough to finally start getting recognized throughout the entire underworld. i can't imagine this manga lasting more than 500 chapters. i think it's time people start getting ready for this manga to come to an end.
The folks that think It's too soon for Iruma to rank up to 7 are mostly basing their opinion in the fact that Iruma is too weak to be a Rank 7 Demon.
But the Demon ranking is not about strenght...
I think Iruma deserves it, not only he's shown to be a great leader and to be capable of making other demons work together, but people forget that he diplomatically stopped Demon World War with the whole Barbatos Clan incident...

Dex-chan lover
The thought of Iruma jumping two ranks makes me wonder if their battler will win, but some sort of exception is placed due to what it means to jump to rank 7 🤔

Dex-chan lover
I think they will win, but:

kihM6YK.png

Thus, Silvia will go up 2 ranks and Iruma will go to rank 6.

Thanks for the chapter!
Yeah, I think this or Beem is likely where the double rank will go since it's too early for Iruma to go to 7 in universe and out of universe, I imagine the teachers would use something like this as a loophole 🤔

Dex-chan lover

How has this arc overstayed it's welcome in the slightest? Just because it's not filled to the brim with action it doesn't mean the pacing was bad, and yes it is rather early for Iruma to be at the same rank with as a teacher. Why are you so keen on this series ending sooner rather than later, especially given your profile pic shows you enjoy one of the longest running manga of all time? One Piece proves that a manga can go to a 1000+ chapters and not lose its stride, so why decide Iruma has to end at half of that? Stop griping and just learn to enjoy the slower paced moments along with the faster paced moments, or just take a step away, nobody will miss your negativity anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread