Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Vol. 21 Ch. 185 - The Evidol Games

Contributor
I feel like it’s way too early to judge Gyari. This is the first time that we’ve really seen her interact with others. I’m pretty sure there’s a lot more than meets the eye with these two, especially since they were once in the same idol group. I mean, the fact that Gyari’s gay for Kerori was a twist. And the arc’s only just begun. I like Gyari’s attitude, even if she’s initially falling into a trope that I usually despise. So I have some questions:

Why is Gyari in love with Kerori? Is it really just because she’s the only person who she hasn’t charmed or is there more to her? Why does she want her to quit being an idol in order to be hers?
Was their relationship always like this? Or was it more amiable but then the two had a falling out? Is there more to how Kerori feels about her?

Arc’s only just begun, man. I’m real interested in seeing what Nishi has in store for us. I do have to admit that it would be nice if the Gyari x Kerori ship turns out to be viable. Could be cute. Plus, one less potential member of the Irumabowl to worry about, heh heh.

Supporter
@Tamerlane It's less a matter of "actively taking the wrong message away" and more "already having been convinced that the red flags are actually good things". In the specific case of Gaston, you've got a (large) crowd who's already predisposed against women, academic pursuits, and women in academic pursuits, and as such they see Gaston (and characters like him) as "upholding traditional values" instead of "imposing sexist, backwards mentality".

Aggregator gang
@nutman451 goddamn, I hope you're right at the end. I may be a little paranoid but I think author is piling up hints so we don't be very shocked at a gae route ending.

Aggregator gang
@Koni
I feel like it’s way too early to judge Gyari. This is the first time that we’ve really seen her interact with others. I’m pretty sure there’s a lot more than meets the eye with these two, especially since they were once in the same idol group. I mean, the fact that Gyari’s gay for Kerori was a twist.
Certainly there's more than what meets the eye when it comes to Gyari, however Gyari gave everyone (who dislikes her) a bad impression, and the first impression is always important.

I like Gyari’s attitude, even if she’s initially falling into a trope that I usually despise.
Eeeeeh, I'll assume you mean you like her confidence and not her womanizing, objectifying, and belittling nature. Also I think this statement is contradictory.

Why is Gyari in love with Kerori? Is it really just because she’s the only person who she hasn’t charmed or is there more to her? Why does she want her to quit being an idol in order to be hers?
Was their relationship always like this? Or was it more amiable but then the two had a falling out? Is there more to how Kerori feels about her?
We can speculate, but no one can give a sure and concrete answer unfortunately.

Wait is this a rhetorical question?

Arc’s only just begun, man. I’m real interested in seeing what Nishi has in store for us.
Glad to see I'm not the only one

I do have to admit that it would be nice if the Gyari x Kerori ship turns out to be viable. Could be cute.
I'm not sure if I should be glad that I once thought this too.

Plus, one less potential member of the Irumabowl to worry about, heh heh.
Nah, I'm confident Author won't betray us and throw Ameli under the bus.

Fed-Kun's army
LETS GO!! LOVE IS LOVE WHO GIVES A FUCK WHAT YOU LIKE👍🏽 CANT WAIT FOE NEXT CHAPTER YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS [From a sincere and educated LQBTQ+ Ally]

Aggregator gang
@ccpparrot
What other hints are there? do you mean the existence of Poro? do you mean how Azz-kun (and Clara) are referred as "soulmates"? I mean these two are before the chapter where Iruma sees Ameli more than a friend or "soulmate". Was there a moment in time where the author gets convinced that a sudden LGBTQ relationship would be far more superior than a relationship built up since the early to middle chapters? And I'm not asking all of this out of malice mind you. I want to find out if there are any grounds for relationships outside of Iruma and Ameli. So far the closest we can get is Clara (who has a somewhat childish understanding of love towards Iruma) and Azazel (who I secretly wish to turn out to be female for the ultimate threesome I mean, Who's love for Iruma is out of loyalty and respect). There's also Ix, But Lied is competing for her more than Iruma. Although the author has played with left leaning elements that doesn't mean he's gonna pull a Druckman on us and betray all our expectations. I mean so far the author hasn't given us a lackluster arc, (the closest may be the training arc, but that is still interesting). So like the best Doggo said "Water in the fire..." wait wrong one "Have Confidence".

@ultraleaf
*reading my own comments*
Yea I guess you're right...

Bitch, what did you just say about the cinnamon roll Iruma, you gon suffer bad shit, you are going to be in more pain than being burnt alive, got that?

You know what I really want to happen in this ark?

Since author still remembers Akudol being a thing. I hope he remembers Chad-Iruma and brings him back as Chad-Irumi.

Cus I so, so, SOOOO want Chad-Iruma/i to show up that stuck up arrogant Gyari!

Aggregator gang
@MadDany
I hope he remembers Chad-Iruma and brings him back her as Chad-Irumi.
Hell yea, I miss Chad-ruma. Though I'm hesitant on Chad-rumi (no not because of that, I don't think it fits the arc). Having an arc focusing on his shenanigans again would be fun (though I can't think of a good scenario, kinda shows how inferior i am compared to the author).

Dex-chan lover
What the fuck did you just fucking say to Iruma, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my misfit class in Babylus School for Demons, and I’ve been involved in numerous Demon Fights with the Six Fingers, and I have over 300 confirmed kills.

I am trained in demonic warfare and I’m the top magic marksman in the entire Netherworld. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in the Netherworld, mark my fucking words.

You think you can get away with saying that shit to Iruma during the Evildol games? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of demon spies across the Netherworld and your location is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands.

Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed demonic combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the magic tool battler and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the Netherworld, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue.

But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it.

You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Aggregator gang
@Karamru

To be fair, you have to have a very high DR (Devil Rank) to appreciate Irumi. Her dick is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical magiks most of the ghei will go over a typical Evildol fan's head. There's also Irumi's easugoing outlook, which is deftly woven into his her characterisation- her personal philosophy draws heavily from First Love Memories literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the magical capacity to truly appreciate the depths of her moe, to realise that they're not just adorable- they say something deep about SEXUALITY. As a consequence people who dislike Irumi truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the cuteness in Irumi's existential catchphrase "You want to marry another girl?" which itself is a cryptic reference to Azazel's epic "Iruma-sama, Why wont you pick me?". I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Kuromu's genius wit unfolds itself on the Evildol stage. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Irumi tattoo on my peepee. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the fellow Irumi Fan only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 2 DR (Demon Rank) points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel biyatch 😎

Double-page supporter
Iruma is literally incapable of looking angry. I don't think that artist knows how to draw him mad.

Dex-chan lover
@Swagner

I would argue the vast majority of people within the West or places/cultures heavily tied to the West would say that women's education is a good thing and that most people generally wouldn't see Gaston as a role model, aside from very niche groups of people already predisposed to that ideology. Aside from like the most radical MGTOW or backwater rednecks, I'd say 90+% of people in first world nations would see Gaston as very clearly in the wrong. Though, I'd say this entire argument is tangential to the main point, that being Gyari is a fucking dickhead.

@Koni

I would say that the author is very clearly establishing Gyari to be a very static/flat antagonist. I don't think she'll have a lot of in-depth or complicated motivation for her actions based on what we know of her and her ego. Given how we've had a fake-out redemption arc with one of her implied allies in Ami Kirio, who's basically got a hard-on for trying to torture Iruma, I very much doubt that her motives are pure or that she will be anything other than an outright villain. What we know from this chapter sets up that she's very egotistical, very entitled, and very much a womanizer, and she basically just wants Keori out of the sense that she's entitled to have her, not out of any genuine feelings for her.

(Plus I think Kerori is gonna turn out to be a massive tsundere for Iruma based on how things are looking, but I wouldn't count out the possibility that Kerori's little sister might end up with Gyari if she has a redemption arc. Seeing or interacting Gyari doesn't trigger her ice powers like Iruma does, and her interactions with Iruma seems more in line with the tsundere archetype, as opposed to her cold and unfeeling demeanor.)

I think those questions would be better suited for the tone/setting of another manga, and honestly, I think Gen from Boy's Abyss deals with those questions better because Gen's in a much more interesting position as someone who's implied to be gay through very subtle storytelling, but is in a position where he can't come out directly because he knows he'll be rejected as well as the pressures placed upon by his family's ranking in society, so instead, he uses pressure to make sure the person he loves (the protagonist) can't leave the town. Despite the fact he has to act like a bully to ensure he hs the pressure to get what he wants, it is shown he does genuinely care for Rei and is concerned for his well-being. Compared to Gyari, it's clear they serve very different roles and serve to represent very different themes and ideas in their narratives, as Gyari is more meant to introduce more stakes into the competition and establish a legitimate threat.

@Hanabi-chan

Ummm...I'm pretty sure Gyari doesn't actually love anyone her and is just asserting her power over all the idols. She's Lady Macbeth, if anything. I think that being in favor of equality means you have to be able to say if a certain person is abusive or toxic, regardless of the orientation or gender, and I think this is a clear case of someone who's very much meant just to be a gender-bent venison of someone like Gaston who's just a womanizer more than anyone who actually cares for the people in question.

It wouldn't surprise me if we find out she has some kind of mind-control or perception-altering ability that makes it so she can seduce people easier. I'm also certain she's flipping people's sexual orientations, which I have some issues with in principle.

Users who are viewing this thread