Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Vol. 34 Ch. 298 - The Demon I Hate

Dex-chan lover
Iruma's always surrounded by people that love and care for him. Meeting someone that hates him is going to hurt a lot. I'm sure he'll grow from this experience.

Though they say they hate each other, Bachiko and Paimon are best friends.

Double-page supporter
The Demon King/3 Greats/13 Crowns rule Demonkind, but the Deities have control over the physical realm itself. The only reason why the demons are able to survive there is because the Deities haven't ordered the environment to become toxic to demons.
But I think the demon king is an entity on par with them since Delkyra seems to have been able to manipulate the realm in a god like maner

Group Leader
But I think the demon king is an entity on par with them since Delkyra seems to have been able to manipulate the realm in a god like maner
He's not manipulating it directly, he's ordering his subordinates to make it happen no matter what. For example that river that Baal talked about in chapter 295, Delkira wanted to see that river everyday, so he made the demons manually recreate the entire thing in the sky by the castle using the liquid(s) of his choice.

Another (yet poor) example would be Trump's border wall. If Trump had Delkira's level of authority the entire population of the U.S. would have immediately stopped what they were doing and built the whole thing to his specs, no matter the cost or the damage to the U.S. economic infrastructure.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Since the focus jumped almost straight from the explanation of Deity's influence to Narnia views on the Netherworld, it would be prudent to think so. Especially since humans are myth-like to most in Netherworld (excluding border patrol obv.).
Unless Narnia believes in underground human state controlling all of the Netherworld from the shadows and rubbbing their hands behind the scene(lmao)

mfw
it's revealed that Delkira really was a human and Sullivan's grooming Iruma to be his next vessel because you really gotta have someone capable of selfless empathy and rabid pack bonding at the helm to keep this demonworld mental house from imploding in ten seconds flat, which would inadvertedly make illhumanati real

notsurprisedkirk.jpg

Dex-chan lover
i feel she was talking more about rivalry and not "i will definitely kill you given the slightest chance" level of hatred Iruma was probably thinking about.
I still wonder when is he going to reach the point when he seriously considers how different it is to be a human and not a demon. Like, i feel this ultimate tension has only been pushed back over time.

I freaking loved the Game Theory reference!

"That's just a theory...an IRUMA THEORY. Thanks for watching!"

Thank you all so much for the translations!! So much love is put into these and it amazes me every chapter!

Double-page supporter
He's not manipulating it directly, he's ordering his subordinates to make it happen no matter what. For example that river that Baal talked about in chapter 295, Delkira wanted to see that river everyday, so he made the demons manually recreate the entire thing in the sky by the castle using the liquid(s) of his choice.

Another (yet poor) example would be Trump's border wall. If Trump had Delkira's level of authority the entire population of the U.S. would have immediately stopped what they were doing and built the whole thing to his specs, no matter the cost or the damage to the U.S. economic infrastructure.
I see but how about the sakura tree? He made that himself probably by import but... also magic + the sphinx was one of the gods right?

Group Leader
I see but how about the sakura tree? He made that himself probably by import but... also magic + the sphinx was one of the gods right?
Yes, he probably saw it on a trip to the human world and used his magic to make his own version of it, which was illusion based. Iruma was the only one to make a physical Sakura tree bloom in the series, cause if Delkira had did it before all the demons would have known about it as one of his feats (like the sky river).

And the chapter seems to confirm that the Sphinx is a deity, so he probably convinced it to help in the event by letting the Sphinx choose the challenge, which was to tell it anything new and interesting as it couldn't leave its area.

Users who are viewing this thread