MangaDex Suggested Features: Megathread

I think being able to search by publication status would be helpful. I'd like to see completed manga series that I can binge

Re: the new sidebar:
I have a monitor in portrait mode that I use for reading manga. Having a sidebar for controls messes with that. Even "hiding" the sidebar leaves a strip that takes up space, reduces the resolution a page can be, and puts the page aggravatingly off center. An option to put the controls back in the header would be nice.

It would be great if we had a feather just like the HENTAI one (when hiding it you never see anything hentai tagged in the whole site).
So we get to choose which GENRES are displayed/hidden in the whole site, for example if i don't want to see/read any Yaoi manga,
black listing that genre will hide all the Yaoi manga in the whole site the same way the Hentai one works.

Having some sort of Checkbox to select multiple chapters and mark them as read would be nice. That way you can Keep track about all the Mangas you have read already

1. Ability to export your MDList. JSON maybe?
2. Publication status filter for manga searching (ex: only search for completed manga).

-----Suggestion----- 08/09/2018

Where: Home Page
Section/module: Latest Updates - All

What:
- Add filter include/exclude genres setting
- save filter setting --> auto-populates manga based on filter settings every time he opens home page and looks through latest updates -all

User Story:
Perv-senpai goes to mangadex.org and is feeling a bit ecchi. He browses through the "latest updates - all" section and the cover of an H manga catches his eagle eye. Perv-senpai decides to jump into the manga chapter before checking out the H manga's informational page. As he thinks with his dick he starts reading a few pages in and he thinks, "oh this is ok, not bad. getting good ufufufu". He reads 2 more pages in and stops for a moment and thinks, "hmm...something feels off here, let's read a bit more the artwork is fantastic. I'm probably just being paranoid". A wild Raging Gyarados appears and uses "thrash" before "splash". He gets to the middle-ish and "bam!" cute "onee" chan whips out a fucking d*ck. Wild Raging Gyarados uses "defense curl". Perv-senpai immediately closes the tab, calmly gets into the fetal position and cries in dark corner. Perv-senpai is scarred for life.

Persona:
name: Perv-senpai
browsing habits: occasionally goes to nhenta*, the internet pwned him with boku no pico, he flames on reddit while also giving out unwarranted advice and engaging in thought provoking discussion with multiple reddit accounts, has a myanimelist but gave up on updating it, hates waiting for anime so he reads manga and hates waiting for manga so he reads lightnovels (lol), closet otaku, has a normal job, loves oyakodon (the dish of course), fantasizes about an onee-chan who happens to be his co-worker (lol) and will one day ask her out after he quits, he likes long walks on the beach and eating gelatinous chia seeds, and is now scarred for life because of yaoi.

1) Unifying searches for creator's *given name*-*family name* and *family name*-*given name* criteria.

(for example, Chihiro Harumi won't display the same results as Harumi Chihiro)

2) Ability to search for specific expressions and specific singular words *only* in search boxes

(for example, search results for HIROYUKI will display every title whose either creator's given name is Hiroyuki, but searching for that particular expression with quotation marks will yield nothing, despite there being a guy using that alias -?- in the database ; that one might be already doable and i'm just too dumb to figure out how to do it)

edit: ugh, sorry. second one is already mentioned on thread's first page ; as for the first, i'm not sure, but i guess creating authors individual profile pages will solve it - leaving it up here for now though.

Power Uploader
@teriguu

MDList currently has three privacy options: Private, Public, Friends Only

It's a valid suggestion to display only to registered users but you wouldn't be able to show your MDList to people without MangaDex accounts.

Towa-sama's Lover
Group Leader
The currently Top Chapter is limited by 10 chapters...
Can you expand it?

Towa-sama's Lover
Group Leader
@Plykiya Hmmm... 15 or 20 is fine i think, but...
if my request is a burden to the server, you better forget my request.
I don't want my selfish request overload the server,
Since, I'm not contributing to server donations.

I can't find the recommendations option that was mentioned on another topic so I'll post here. The new reader always resets the options whenever I load a new chapter, so I have to switch it from single page to long strip every single time. It would be great if these were settings you can save per account like many of the other features on this site.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Nobutora The new reader saves all settings and will maintain it as long as you don't clear cookies/localstorage.
Recommendations appear at the end of the last page of the last chapter of a manga when enabled.

Group Leader
@_das I’m probably just paranoid but I like to minimize my digital fingerprint just a bit. ;)

Two suggestions from me:
1. 'Full color' tag.
2. Possibility to follow not only certain mangas but also authors.

Group Leader
I'd like to request a setting you could toggle that would stop you from clicking through to the next chapter if there are missing chapters between the one you're currently reading and the next available chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread