MangaDex Suggested Features: Megathread

Contributor
Not sure if this has been suggested yet, though I fairly sure it has but couldn't see it in the list at the top.

Add a "Scanlation status" option to the manga page. In theory this would go under or near the "pub status" , this would allow scanlating groups to say if they are currently scanlating or dropped a specific title. This could have not only the status but what group is also currently scanlating the title. Thus allowing other groups if they troll through the site to look for other tittles to scanlate and could help cut down on multiple scanlating groups doing the same tittle , that is unless they want to

it appears that someone has had something of the same idea and started a thread for Manga's dropped by scnalators

https://mangadex.org/thread/5079

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@daniel11111222 posted:

I'd like to request a setting you could toggle that would stop you from clicking through to the next chapter if there are missing chapters between the one you're currently reading and the next available chapter.
What I could do is check if the difference between the current chapter number and the next is more than 1, or if the next chapter number is 1 and the difference to the next volume number is more than 1, but that's probably the best guess I can do. I have no actual reliable way of knowing whether a chapter should be followed by the next, especially in cases where the numbering system can be, let's say, "non-standard" in some way or another. The first example that pops to mind is Nukoduke.

False positives aside, not a bad suggestion. I might implement it eventually.

I'm not sure if anyone had already suggested it, it should have, but just to make sure...

I'd love if we can filter out the genre on the latest releases on the homepage. There's a lot of genres that I want to be excluded like yaoi, yuri, gender bender, etc. I'd appreciate your consideration of this opinion of mine.

i'd like to have a setting or an option to have follows tab shown first instead of current index.

this can be upgraded to something like "custom index".

my idea is make this setting bound to account, or session, or client. For the upgraded version it could be implemented like "search result as an index".

this is not important but nice to have. the reason is, sometime i just only want to check on my follows so this will make it easier. the upgraded version will make it easier for some people who always check mangas with certain tags and for people who prefer to see some tags. mostly better user experience.

It would be nice to have a "Caught Up" option or something similar under the follows. This way, I would be able to separate manga I just started reading from the stuff I read weekly/monthly. I mean just doing what I do now and having that series bookmarked is fine, but instead of deleting that bookmark every time I catch up to something and creating a new one, it would be more convenient to just have it tied to my account.

Would be nice if you guys can include a widescreen mode, where the blank spaces on the both sides would be covered with contents. Something like this to: "https://prnt.sc/klae8l"

Hi,
Not sure this was suggested but please add margins in the reader, there already is a right margin thanks to the side menu toggle, top margin is useful when the topnav is toggled of (you wouldn't notice except usually because manga pages usually have a top margin but some don't). Left and bottom margins are always useful.

Hoping the "report comments" feature gets implemented soon; some of the comments are obscene and just blocking them does not stop them from doing more harm.

Edit: Also want to thank the team for doing a good job with this site and listening to users about how they can improve its features.

Group Leader
How about a setting to revert back to the old viewcount style of showing an exact number rather than the "#k" approximations that we have now? I used to get a lot of motivation from tracking the views on my scanlations and that was the main reason behind me selecting this site to upload to/promote.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@fjlurp posted:

Hi,
Not sure this was suggested but please add margins in the reader, there already is a right margin thanks to the side menu toggle, top margin is useful when the topnav is toggled of (you wouldn't notice except usually because manga pages usually have a top margin but some don't). Left and bottom margins are always useful.
This setting already exists

Supporter
The idea @ices had (for using a mobile app as an alternative way to $upport the site) would be great if it can be implemented -- but if not, I hope you'll still consider adding more donation methods than just PayPal.

I personally (and evidently others) don't trust or want to support them, but it's also worth considering that they'll freeze funds to any site they think is even tangentially related to "piracy".

Power Uploader
Did a quick ctrl+f on the first page, but didn't see anything. I'll bet this has been said before however, but I suggest adding a continue reading button on a followed manga's title page.

These has been suggested, so seconding the suggestions with a concept image:

(dark theme)

1. Flags / language of source material aka. manga, manhua, manwa, english/self-published
2. Demographic and Genre on the frontpage with color codes as an alternative or addendum to the often suggested genre filters
3. I've also filled the empty space on the sides with a css (via Stylus):
Code:
    .container {
        width: 98vw !important;
        max-width: 98vw !important;
        margin-left: auto !important;
        margin-right: auto !important;
        padding-left: 10px;
        padding-right: 10px;
    }
Applied anywhere but the reader page:
Code:
https?:\/\/mangadex.org/(?!chapter).*

Current front page for comparison:

Is there a reason why you can sort the User rating in a MDList? Would be usefull to find new manga by looking at the MDList of people with similar tastes.
Like you can sort everything else on the MDList, but not the User rating. Kind of weird.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Dunbock The user rating isn't able to be sorted right now because it's being pulled from a separate database than all of the other information on your MDList. It'll be added in the future

Dex-chan lover
Not sure if this is suggested/implemented already but is omnibox search supported by MangaDex? The feature in web browsers (particularly in Chrome) where you can make site-specific search queries right at the address bar by using the Tab key. Sites like AniDB and Nyaa have it. I think there's no reason not to have it in MangaDex.

04iypvo.png

Maybe you can implement it through something like this:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions...e-chrome-omnibox-search-support-for-your-site

Edit: Added pic for reference.
Edit 2: Added StackOverflow link for implementation guide.

Users who are viewing this thread