MangaDex v3 is coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
is a Reindeer
VIP
@Aixcix Are you talking about the last updated tab on the follows page or the manga tab?

Miku best girl
Admin
@CoolOtamegane
I like your idea. I will have a look to see if it can be done for v3. If not, I'll work on it for v4.

To everyone else - Thanks for all your feedback. I won't be able to please everyone, but I will make changes that should please most of you!

In terms of the new reader, the main thing I want is the ability to hide the black chapter indicator at the bottom. Keeping the side bar hidden if I have already hidden it between manga is also needed.

I would also like to hide the Featured titles on the front page or move it somewhere else. It takes up too much room for something I would never use.

There are One thing I love in this new beta is how you can finally se your follows. But I don't fink you need all this new tabs. For me you only need Featured titles at the top as you did (but make it just littel smaler and plz don´t have sliding images) and have only to tabs whit Update/follow and top chapters.

Wow the reader looks great! The future is here! The home page is awesome too. I don't know if they missed this but the language filter still doesn't work on the Follows Panel, wish they fix this.

I might be wrong here but the new layout doesn't show those multiple chapters that are uploaded at the same time in the Latest Chapter Panel.

VIP
I think the reader will take some time to get used to but I like it, very smooth and fluid to use and read! Though with the main page I like it as v2 is, just simple and nice feels like home... batoto ;___; to me latest updates are the most interesting/useful to me and the other groupings aren't as much, so it seems odd to have it squished down to the same size as the others in a skinny column

Idk if anyone else mentioned this yet but one thing that really rustles my jimmies is on the follows page- all the chapters uploaded hours or minutes ago have the "ago" bumped down a notch and it just kinda messes with me

Thanks for all your hard work this site is great!!! :')

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Jiking The language filters work on the follows panel, has always worked for a few months. Are you changing the first filter in the globe menu (top right) or in your filter settings to only display English (or whatever your preferred language is)?

everything looks good to me. could use some margin here and there. the manga thumbnails on index is not at the same size (possibly because want to keep the proportion? resizing might be hard on the server i have tried in my work using python pillow it hit quite hard at high use). the fit width long strip is the best thing coming for me because i mostly use phone which is works fine for me now but the beta one looks better. ? personally i dont like round v2 v3 bootstrap things i prefer something flat or metro but it is ok.

Miku best girl
Admin
The reason for not showing multiple chapters in the new updates is that as time passes, the likelyhood for multiple updates at the same time decreases. New chapters tend to be released 1 at a time.

Also, the new homepage is built with mobile in mind, since we have a larger proportion of users who use mobile/tablet than desktop.

That said, I will make some changes after taking all of your advice.

I do think changes are required to the homepage to increase user engagement with the site. I want to see more activity on the forums.

Contributor
I don't like it. I prefer v2 both of the main page and the reader. Everything is too cluttered.
The black chapter page indicator at the bottom is completely unnecessary and annoying. What's the point in hiding the header if you add another thing on the bottom?
From the main page the only things that matter for frequent users are the latest releases and the follows.

Contributor
shit looks cluttered but if u add advance search it will be good

Miku best girl
Admin
Friend requests and other social interaction related functions will probably come in v4.

Dex-chan lover
v3 is completely unusable on the old browser I'm using (Opera 12.18, don't ask), the navbar covers up the whole screen. It was fun while it lasted, I guess.

Miku best girl
Admin
1.55% of users use Opera, and of that, 0.09% use Opera 12.18, lol.

That means 0.001395% of users use Opera 12.18...

Upgrade your browser, dude.

Miku best girl
Admin
As for the featured titles carousel, something else will be going there in future. It's more of a placeholder right now.

Yea i hate it , this moving images with all the manga that i don't like non stop in my face , fk no !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread