Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba ii? - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - I Don't Want to Get Involved With a Holy Knight's Circumstances (…

Supporter
@danvolodar
The thing about sorcerers as villains is very vague from the very beginning. Mostly, the speech of the twelve doesn't give a villain vibe at all. Even Bifrons is not archetypical evil. Get like 20 pages into V9, and you are revealed pretty much the plot to end all plots in the narrative. And if you consider what Bifrons knows, he's not evil at all, he's just selfish. He is given a villanous behaviour to make him/her/it more hateable but it's motivations are pretty much noble in a sense. Shere Khan goes insane at some point, and yes, then he goes evil. And Marchosias' stuff with the Seraphs seems to be different from what you are told: he literally says he laments the breaking of Azazel. My guess would be that the Seraphs became either over-zealous in their mission or corrupt, in any case Marchosias choses the "right" choice for the people he know instead of sacrificing them to protect whatever would be the alternative. Also, timeframes are a joke in Archdemon's Dilemma, get used to it. But even then, the battle happens 3 months before main story. By then Marchosias is still fighting, and still laments the "death" of Azazel.
What I meant in my previous message is that powerful, old, dedicated sorcerers don't behave villanously in general. Now you have the example of Shax which is a perfect example: he goes ham UNTIL he becomes old and powerful; and Gremory seems to go the same way, and Kimaris too. So we have kind of a trend here. This seems to be caused by the fact that you can use a lot of stuff you get from unethical practices, and whatever you can replace that stuff with is harder to get and/or requires more knowledge to use, and that leads to the change (because even sorcerers that don't care about morals still abandon shady practices at some point). That would leave us to believe that Andras was a weakling? We know he was not some big shot, but this would imply he is Shax level useless, and such a person was training Barbatos. And then he was a subordinate to Marchosias who doesn't seem to be a guy who would just tolerate such behaviour, and he also lived right under his nose (so you can't say that Marchosias didn't care, Andras was literally within his domain). So there is a lot of stuff we don't know about Andras and it looks like it makes no sense at all. But that Andras taught Barbatos that he should kill him once he surpassed him. That is something that Barbatos got from him. It would seem that Andras intentionally made a certain impression on Barbatos, whether conciously or by imitation because he himself believed such things. What I mean is that Andras doesn't seem to be your average old and powerful sorcerer, so using him, or whatever he taught Barbatos as a criteria doesn't seem to be appropiate.
And about the church, don't get me started. They seem completely incoherent and much more explanation is needed about anything church related to get anywhere. They adore Alshiera, the first vampire who is also a friend to Orobas, the Silver Eyed and Marchosias. She is a Guardian, she knows about the technology of old, etc, and the church doesn't know jack shit about her knowing any of that. They seem to have something to do with the Seraphs and Elves of old. They surely have cooperated with sorcerers in the past. We have actually no idea when their hatred towards them begun.
I have also not finished V9 yet, and it seems there is some delving on the whole church stuff. I know I have not made clear points, but you kinda get the idea, I guess.

Aggregator gang
@nobaka @waoweewoo Yeah, it’s likely i’m wrong, but i still wouldn’t be surprised if barborsa (or whatever his name was) is still gunning for the power of one demon lords.

Dex-chan lover
@Malte
I mean, yeah, he's still pretty op as sorcerers go, he was already a candidate. if a slot opens up, he'd probably be a contender. but he's been firmly recruited into mc's camp

Dex-chan lover
WTF? Yall in the comments be writing paragraphs LMFAO. Yall really into this huh?

Horsehead if you dare get in between Nephie and Zagan, IMMA MAKE SURE YOU SUFFEERRRRRRR

Dex-chan lover
Man Chastel getting so much shit for nothing, she loses her job, everyone hates her, gets bullied in the castle, and has an unrequited love.

Fucking hell.. people who don't want harem ending are gay, so is the author who doesn't make every remotely hot girl in the story hook up with the self insert MC goddammit!!
How old are you when you write this?
Such degenerate, trashy opinion fr.
Don't self-insert in this one, characters in this manga are not degenerate piece of shi*

Man Chastel getting so much shit for nothing, she loses her job, everyone hates her, gets bullied in the castle, and has an unrequited love.
People around doesn't really hate her, but she kinda a pain in the neck sometimes. She's also the type easy to tease, that's why she got that treatment, in that castle at least.
Don't worry, everyone involved get their own happines and better in LN.

Users who are viewing this thread