Maria no Danzai - Ch. 31 - The Darkness Of The Midsummer Night

Dex-chan lover
Finally, the muscle dude died miserably and pathetically. So satisfying. But I'm afraid the two guys left will outsmart Maria. Please don't.

Thanks for the update!
This is a guess only but I think the fat kid is helping her cuz look at all the shit she’s bought that shit is expensive someone has to be paying for it

Dex-chan lover
Feels like we're closing in on the finale, although I hope the mom didn't make such a rookie mistake as to keep the guy's phone on her but we'll see. Thanks for the TL!

Dex-chan lover
Maria must've gotten the neuter-remover idea from that one scene in Black Lagoon...

Dex-chan lover
She didn't just cut his dick. She went right into the pubic bone. Anybody who's had sudden hip complications knows how painful this is. You're whole body's tension is stored at the hip so you feel every little thing... then you add a chainsaw to it. goddamn.
Any surgery that hits the bone is like this. Some people know- when you get a dental procedure and the drill hits the bone, you know.
it's not about the peepee. It's about the bone.

Revenge is pleasurable on a biological level, too. In studies, when people perform retaliatory acts of aggression, there is activity in brain regions associated with reward. However, the satisfaction is short-lived.

This stuff is 100% unrealistic. Everyone here (I mainly assume minors) who just loves fawning over violence without honor or humanity has to understand that. there aren't villains like Okaya and Johan Liebert that just smile at you once, show you one piece of evidence, and then boom you're their slave to torture/abuse. that doesn't happen. you can't get shot multiple times with a crossbow, lacerated multiple times on your tendons, literally exploded and shot full of shrapnel, and then chainsawed like you're a nu-metal fan. none of the human biology works like that. chainsaws don't even work like that. the moment she touched the fabric of his boxers, the fabric would've been caught in the chain, pulling the entire chainsaw into his chest cavity, most likely getting stuck on guts/bone.

Another way to think about (if you enjoy the literary elements of the work and not just the violence and art, or if you like religion) is to think about the symbology of the protagonist, Maria. She has been symbolized as "Holy Mother Mary" numerous times, so that means it's safe to assume her son symbolizes Jesus. When he was born, all he did was cry and Maria correctly assumed that he was getting it all out as early as possible (again, that doesn't happen). Her son was essentially preparing to bear the sins of humanity and all that crap and was crucified. Maria then goes off for all the torture you all seem to positively enjoy...

Whether you're religious or not, do you think the Jesus who lived on our planet would've wanted his mother to act as Maria did? Would you want your parents to obsess over your death, committing inhumane acts... instead of becoming truly strong and moving on, staying true to that same person you knew them as...?

Fed-Kun's army
I like this conversation between her and her victim. I don’t think I ever read this type of conversation in similar manga or books. The murderer accepting that the act of murdering is not fun or fulfilling, in her case doing it as revenge.

Dex-chan lover
Revenge is pleasurable on a biological level, too. In studies, when people perform retaliatory acts of aggression, there is activity in brain regions associated with reward. However, the satisfaction is short-lived.

This stuff is 100% unrealistic. Everyone here (I mainly assume minors) who just loves fawning over violence without honor or humanity has to understand that. there aren't villains like Okaya and Johan Liebert that just smile at you once, show you one piece of evidence, and then boom you're their slave to torture/abuse. that doesn't happen. you can't get shot multiple times with a crossbow, lacerated multiple times on your tendons, literally exploded and shot full of shrapnel, and then chainsawed like you're a nu-metal fan. none of the human biology works like that. chainsaws don't even work like that. the moment she touched the fabric of his boxers, the fabric would've been caught in the chain, pulling the entire chainsaw into his chest cavity, most likely getting stuck on guts/bone.

Another way to think about (if you enjoy the literary elements of the work and not just the violence and art, or if you like religion) is to think about the symbology of the protagonist, Maria. She has been symbolized as "Holy Mother Mary" numerous times, so that means it's safe to assume her son symbolizes Jesus. When he was born, all he did was cry and Maria correctly assumed that he was getting it all out as early as possible (again, that doesn't happen). Her son was essentially preparing to bear the sins of humanity and all that crap and was crucified. Maria then goes off for all the torture you all seem to positively enjoy...

Whether you're religious or not, do you think the Jesus who lived on our planet would've wanted his mother to act as Maria did? Would you want your parents to obsess over your death, committing inhumane acts... instead of becoming truly strong and moving on, staying true to that same person you knew them as...?
Bro, it's just a manga.

Bro, it's just a manga.
it's not just a manga to most of these commenters. and why tf shouldn't I analyze every facet of the art, not just stare at the tits and gore? people like you are the reason so many trash manga are rated 8-9+ stars. can't see the forest through the trees.

it's not just a manga to most of these commenters. and why tf shouldn't I analyze every facet of the art, not just stare at the tits and gore? people like you are the reason so many trash manga are rated 8-9+ stars. can't see the forest through the trees.
No , it very much is a just a manga. Your bullshit pseud melty over people enjoying reading a revenge story isn't fooling anyone and isn't going to change people's view of this. People like the catharsis of seeing bad people get what's coming to them. It's a fantasy in a story.
It sounds more likely you've been put off by the edgyness of the subject and are insecure about other people enjoying it when you don't. So go on some midwit rant about how it isn't accurate and make reaching claims about the moral the author is trying to convey.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Suddenly wishes he didn’t make those rape threats earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread