Maria no Danzai - Ch. 31 - The Darkness Of The Midsummer Night

Dex-chan lover
Jesus fuckin Christ

Talk about overkill

she straight up Mexican Cartel his ass
pretty tame for Mexican cartel, I think.
As an actual Mexican I can confirm that this is nothing... it's gruesome torture and then decapitation & if you are lucky... a shot to the head or maybe as a sacrificial offering to the "Narcosatanicos" believe me, the stories of how their victims were killed alive... are truly gruesome & grotestic there's this case of a medical school student abducted named Mark Kilroy... check it out...
both USA & Mexican police were after the guys after the disappearance of Mark the name of the case was " The NarcoSatanicos of Adolfo Constanzo"

Last edited:
They've gone into the fat guy so little I can't help but wonder if he's secretly the real mastermind.

Also wondering if the phone is at the dad's place, since he broke in before.

Dex-chan lover
pretty tame for Mexican cartel, I think.
I mean yeah its not as gruesome as the real shit(thank God) but its one of the closest thing that came close to it in manga/Anime media

I'm not saying it the most glory cuz its not(Devil man Crybaby & Blood C still hold that title) but its definitely the most drawn out torture sequence I have seen so far

Dex-chan lover
Deadly accurate take. I would have said the handling was lazy and more based on their personal fetishes but your way sounds SO much better.
Once you realise Isekai is a manufactured consumer product made for the purpose of generating revenue from otakudom instead of literature, you start to find reasonings to many nonsensical things on the stories.

If you want to find some objective info, I'd suggest this 1d6chan (formely 1d4chan) page. I collaborated on some points there but be aware it doesn't hide their contempt for the genre.

Missing Pages Reporter / Double Page Reader
Staff
Super Moderator
@adobongmanok420 I feel fairly confident that there is a page (probably textless) missing in this chapter. However it seems like this chapter isn't available for free yet so the chapter isn't found on the usual jp raw sites yet. Are you able to double check your raws on your end? The missing page I'm suspecting is likely between pages 8-11 (on MangaDex).

I think Maria’s question is quite interesting. They were laughing and smiling while torturing Nagare. They felt happy, elated, joyful at seeing Nagare in pain. As opposed to Maria who only smiled at the end. During this entire toture, she never cracked one smile, one grin. All she’s ever is stoic because how could anyone find joy in hurting another person like this? So when she asked him why it was so joyful to him to hurt Nagare, all he said was because it’s fun to have a slave at his beck and call. Not even that it was Okaya’s order or it made Okaya happy. No, because he felt happy at having someone who can break in his hands. Atleast with the Sensei of the previous chapter he kind of deserved it but Nagare did not deserve any of this.

Group Leader
@adobongmanok420 I feel fairly confident that there is a page (probably textless) missing in this chapter. However it seems like this chapter isn't available for free yet so the chapter isn't found on the usual jp raw sites yet. Are you able to double check your raws on your end? The missing page I'm suspecting is likely between pages 8-11 (on MangaDex).
There was a missing page. Fixed it. It was a bit of an oversight as reading the final draft feels like there was nothing missing. But thanks for saying.

Group Leader
Gotta love the group(s) that just rip our pages and they also dont have the missing page as ours. I wonder if they will update theirs.

Im not saying i hate getting my pages ripped and not taking credit for it. Its just funny for me. And i cant do anything as i too rip the images.

Missing Pages Reporter / Double Page Reader
Staff
Super Moderator
There was a missing page. Fixed it. It was a bit of an oversight as reading the final draft feels like there was nothing missing. But thanks for saying.
No problem. Thanks for double checking and fixing it so quickly.

I kinda happen to have an uncanny ability to notice missing pages just from reading stuff in 2 paged mode and looking at the paneling or page numbers. And then actually go through the trouble of reporting them directly. Missing pages happen way more than you would expect. Just take a peek at any of my recent forum posts. 😅
Gotta love the group(s) that just rip our pages and they also dont have the missing page as ours. I wonder if they will update theirs.

Im not saying i hate getting my pages ripped and not taking credit for it. Its just funny for me. And i cant do anything as i too rip the images.
Unfortunately from my experience, those other sources will usually not notice and or update them either. (Mostly referring to other manga aggregators). Thankfully the page that wasn't missing this time wasn't too important. (It is a pretty good page though, ngl). And to be fair for the spanish chapter, they do technically credit your group in their credits pages.

It could be also possible to try reaching out to any other language groups directly to let them know about any missing pages. I'll see if I can figure out how to contact the spanish group(s) directly. Though I could also just grab add this page to any other chapters that are missing it using my mod powers since the page in question doesn't require any editing/translation ...

NIB

Dex-chan lover
I like the fact that Maria is just giving him a taste of his own medicine, but also that she can't feel anything, no pleasure or euphoria, she just feels disgusted by this whole mess of a revenge.
She's clearly broken, and that's a good sign.

Not really, if anything it makes her boring. Cuz then what's the point of all of this? Why torture them? Why create a murder house? She plans to kill them so it's not their gonna learn anything. I guess she wants them to feel the same pain her son did but again, she plans to kill them so it's not like their gonna remember this experience. Their suffering is meaningless if they're just gonna die. The only reason she would torture them (and if this story was any good beyond its premise) would be that yes, she does enjoy it and she gets off to the control she had over the last moments of these kid's lives. That would actually make her a lot more interesting.

But I guess not cuz Maria said so. What's her motive? Just killing the bullies as revenge? If that were true she would just kill them, she wouldn't bother with the jigsaw traps or games and she certainly wouldn't create a murder house. Why make a show of it if you don't enjoy it? What is any of this for if it isn't for you?
She wants to understand why they did it. And she still can't, because "I can't feel the pleasure of such vicious act"
At least that's my position for now.

Double-page supporter
She wants to understand why they did it. And she still can't, because "I can't feel the pleasure of such vicious act"
At least that's my position for now.
I feel like after the first kill and the water torture/drowning trap she’d quickly learn that she doesn’t like torturing people but I guess she decided to do two more times, each with more effort and setup just to be sure? Wtf?
I think the answer to why they did it is just that they’re psychopath/sociopathic insane kids? I mean she also crazy because I guess that answer isn’t good enough for her so she’s torturing them while trying to find the answer to why they tortured her son but plans to kill them anyway when the answer is pretty clear.
Does she want to enjoy it? Why would she want to know? Why would she care? What would change if she got an answer she understood? Does she even want an answer? Is this all a mask to hide the fact she does enjoy it? All great questions that will probably never be answered.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like after the first kill and the water torture/drowning trap she’d quickly learn that she doesn’t like torturing people but I guess she decided to do two more times, each with more effort and setup just to be sure? Wtf?
I think the answer to why they did it is just that they’re psychopath/sociopathic insane kids? I mean she also crazy because I guess that answer isn’t good enough for her so she’s torturing them while trying to find the answer to why they tortured her son but plans to kill them anyway when the answer is pretty clear.
Does she want to enjoy it? Why would she want to know? Why would she care? What would change if she got an answer she understood? Does she even want an answer? Is this all a mask to hide the fact she does enjoy it? All great questions that will probably never be answered.
she wants to know, because one of the things that are moving her still is understand why his son had to die. She tried to be in their shoes to learn if they did that because they were taught to be like that or if they actually wanted to be POS that didn't care about other people, her not killing other people besides that group and helping the girl from being raped are events that are keeping her alive as we already know she wants to end it all but she wants to send them to hell before going to his son. (which unlike jujika has been more enjoyable)

Users who are viewing this thread