Meguro-san wa Hajimete ja Nai

Damn, so chapter 16.5 is basically telling us she got sexually abused by an older guy, though I think the comments section is getting abused a lot more lol

Aggregator gang
@narunatsu1: Ah, ignore them. They're just mad they can't push their virgin fetish on the story. Either that or they're incels trying to hide the fact they suck and try to act as if they're morally superior or something (btw, ain't nothing wrong with being an incel by itself. You'll lose it eventually. Plenty wrong when you are one acting as if you're playboy/playgirl material. Then you're just acting like a middle schooler with no self control: sad and pathetic).

This is a lovely story about two people in a relationship making individual progress to understand themselves and one another, yet all that the comments can focus is on is “HES A CUCK, SHES A SLUT” like jeez it’s not obvious at all that you’ve been hurt before. I hope someday you guys find comfort in yourselves and hopefully find someone that will help you grow up. Love yourselves, lads. I’m rooting for you.

if you're on the fence about wanting to read this, I suggest you to just go for it. This manga is not about an alpha chad dicklord that fucks her every night. Its actually wholesome and lighthearted. The MC is also a fun character to read because of the fact that he actually values the girls emotions while also caring for her deeply and not just caring for her just to get in her pants. Another thing about the MC that I really like is how he is somewhat of a beta...because of this, he tends to take things slowly, step by step while learning about each others' feelings which is something I personally really enjoy reading.

It's not difficult: men's instincts prefer virgins. Just like liking girls is a common feature of being a boy, so is liking virgin girls more. That's all there is to it. Of course you can ignore that instinct, but it doesn't change that loving a non-virgin is more difficult. No one is stopping anyone from settling with used goods if they so please, and to have an inferior relationship. In modern society it takes extra competence and skill to satisfy one's primal instincts, but those of us who have said confidence manage in the end. Good luck, young ones. Your choice is between being someone's irreplaceable better half forever or just another boyfriend/girlfriend headed for the typical mainstream divorce and broken family in the best of cases.

@Ayreos, what you just typed was entirely nonsense and unsubstantiated. Being with a virgin or non-virgin is the same thing. The only difference is the importance someone places on the absurd notion that non-virgin = “used goods”. Typically, those that do the aforementioned are incels or those with a twisted perception of sexuality. The number of partners someone has had or not had, does not determine the worth of the quality of person they are. Nor does it serve as a sign of things to come. Just because someone has had multiple partners, does not mean they are going to have broken marriages or love someone any less. Your claims have absolute zero proof in the real world and simply exist due to people’s irrational logic.

Also, a very small minority of people prefer virgins over those that aren’t. Not many people in the real world (at least Western culture) truly care as long as feelings are mutual and consensual.

Power Uploader
@Ayreos Don't bother to answer, I'm blocking you anyway, this series is one of the best to screen for "people" to blacklist, but… "being someone's irreplaceable better half"?! Wow, that's a Freudian slip if I've ever seen one! Gotta have that superiority complex checked, mate. This was already backwards in the late 19th century o_O

What i am guessing is that virgin importance lies in the old ages cause of sexual transmited diaseses and has no such place in the 20th century.
I get turned off series that places the main char. as virigin obssessed douche, allmost dropped this half way but it turned for the better.

Here's my take on this. btw I'm only on chapter 10 for reasons below.

I'm mixed on this manga, I feel like having a manga revolve around the whole non-virgin thing is interesting but really "icky" especially how it gets portrayed here. The fact that the girl seems to have no brain of her own exacerbates that icky feeling, rather than being a kuudere she's just easy and has no self thought which makes her seem really insincere about the relationship, this in turn gives off a bad vibe through out the manga like something bad going to happen- aka that wretched NTR vibe. Every cute moment I ask myself "is she being sincere?".

I'll most likely be putting this on-hold until it's complete or until it the character grow a bit more so I don't have this awful feeling.

Dex-chan lover
I'm caught up to chapter 20, and here are my thoughts. (Sans major spoilers. Things from the first few chapters mentioned.)

I feel bad for Meguro: she has no self-esteem to the point where she doesn't even know what she likes. From dating someone who wants to get to know her vs. just use her for sex, she's getting better about that.

Male MC is on the herbivore side---though not as extreme as some I've seen---but it works here. I mean, he actually confessed to the girl, and lots of romance mangas put that off for dozens of chapters. (Probably because this is a drama, not a comedy.) Meguro offered him sex on their first or second date: she wasn't forceful, but he was thrown off because sex that soon isn't the course of a relationship. That's what he wants with her, not to just get laid like all the guys she's been with previously.

It's been sweet watching their relationship progress. I am paranoid something bad will happen soon, but I hope not.

Now, I am someone who personally values waiting till marriage to have sex, but I still think this will be an interesting read. If it goes somewhere I really don't like, I'll quit reading it: no hard feelings. I mean, they're probably going to do it eventually: it won't be a shock. I mainly have a problem if someone promises to wait and then doesn't.

EDIT: typo

Dex-chan lover
@pajamawolfie

Why is it that you value waiting until marriage to have sex? I have no problem with it, I'm wondering what the rationale is behind it.

Dex-chan lover
@Thank

First, Biblical reasons.

Plus, there's the whole "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?" argument. If I could potentially have some man's child, I'd want there to be loving, committed, official relationship in place. The kid needs a father.

And on a personal note, I'm a very serious person. I'd guess that if a guy wanted to trick me or use me for sex, he wouldn't enter a legally binding contract with me first. I don't mean to sound so mercenary and harsh about it, and I'm not trying to trap anyone: I'd just rather give my virginity to someone I vow to spend the rest of my life with and vice versa.

However, since I'm not dating anyone or looking to, and I'm past Christmas Cake age (over 25), it hasn't come up in a relationship yet.

xd, this has much better progression and more interesting plot than some series with "pure" mc's. I don't understand why the rating is not higher. And all the ppl complaining, what is with the middle age mentality some ppl have?

I swear these comments of "used goods" are gonna give me the corona virus, holy hell.

Double-page supporter
Anyone who calls a girl "used goods" is really just insecure about being compared to another guy and coming up "short."

Dex-chan lover
NoToSolo scans have really been upping the pace, good job, guys! Thanks for quality scanlations!

don't really care if a girl is "used goods" i just want someone to love me.

is that too much to ask?

Users who are viewing this thread