Mezametara Saikyou Soubi to Uchuusen-mochi Datta no de, Ikkodate Mezashite Youhei Toshite Jiyuu ni Ikitai - Vol. 1 Ch. 4.2

Dex-chan lover
I thought this would be space trader, not space harem

You make a novel setting, start setting up the idea of a space merc/trader and then you decide you should set up at least two love interests before actually having any story. SMH

Fed-Kun's army
— Think about it. She’s out in the middle of nowhere with some dude she barely knows. She looks around her, what does she see? Nothing but open space. “Oh, there’s nowhere for me to run, what am I gonna do, say no?”
— Okay… that seems really dark though.
— No, no, it’s not dark. You’re misunderstanding me, bro.
— I think I am.
— Yeah, you are. ‘Cause if the girl said no, then the answer obviously is no. The thing is that she’s not gonna say no, she’d never say no… because of the implication.
— Now, you said that word “implication” a couple of times. What implication?
— The implication that things might go wrong for her if she refuses to sleep with me. Now, not that things are gonna go wrong for her, but she’s thinking that they will.

Dex-chan lover
Yes, he banged a kid... but this is space, moral rules are a little skewed on "Ages safe to have sex with". Go below 14, and you'll find a bulls-eye on the back of your head.

@Lanfear

More like had a proper shower.

Dex-chan lover
Fuck why did they fuck, i thought this was gonna be some wholesome romance shit but it's just going to be fan service shit and make the girl looks like a slut, shit man

Dex-chan lover
@Dadangdut33 If you're disappointed now,
then you'll be disappointed later. It's going to be like a slice of life, dating, shopping, eating, harem, OP MC gets everything the way he wants it manga.

@Nk9bjP4A Really!? And I was hoping there was finally going to be a good scifi series where we finally have a Adventure/action scifi plot and not another Scifi romance.

Thats the issue with Scifi manga its either Mecha, Space Opera, or Romance series.

Fed-Kun's army
The moment any isekai MC has the sex with the slave girls (yeah she's a slave, no matter how much the author wants to dress it up), you know there's a 95% chance its going to turn into shit. And lo and be hold, its going to turn into another slice of life harem series with sci fi as a dressing but not that important.
Whats worse than a wimpy MC not having sex with a girl that wants it? Raping a girl or making a girl have sex with you out of fear, and an author trying to disguise it as something else.

And here I though we were going to have wacky space adventures and another fucking isekai harem trash. Extremely disappointed. Series dropped.

Dex-chan lover
I'm marking this as the turning point for the series.
Space adventures? Nah. There's some fighting later on in the novel. But that's it.
Generally you SHOULDN'T bed the vulnerable girl. It builds a dependent relationship in which she has lost all sense of purpose and lives *only* to serve MCs interest.
The character fails to be interesting from this moment on and becomes wall dressing. Serving no real purpose and is easily written out.
I honestly only followed this because SPACE EXPLORATION but...
Here we are. Wish fulfillment fantasy's dressed up as a sci fi adventure...

Dex-chan lover
@hedgemoney I know what you mean. I don't know whats up with isekai and slaves or why so many fantasy mangas have slavery as there isn't much reason to have it unless it has a major plot point to it. I'm talking the convenience level that slavery has for some op neet who wants to forcefully fulfill their wildest sexual fantasies on some poor girl who was sold into slavery... Better they be bought by mc so they aren't raped by bad people. They should feel obliged mc protected them from those sickos by fucking him...

Supporter
@Simpleton nah it's more Elite Dangerous than Eve Online. I would say it was closer to Star Citizen but things in this universe actually work.

Dex-chan lover
@Darris I looked into the Star Citizen wiki page, and I can see why you would deliver that burn (especially if you were a funder) :D

Users who are viewing this thread