Mieruko-chan - Vol. 4 Ch. 28

Dex-chan lover
I guess Romm is the most powerfull ot the 3 gifted secondary characters since he's the only one who can see the shrine god and the monsters

Dex-chan lover
The big ghost eating the rest was like, one had super sharp teeth, the other had normal human like teeth, and the rightmost had none, so he probably just sucks them up. The ghost wanted to go for to the one with no teeth, and got forced into the sharp teeth one when he disobeyed, so maybe it's a sort of "Heaven and hell" system?

Dex-chan lover
thank you for the translation this manga is epic and I'm glad to see the newest chapter. Also young Mitsue is bestest Mitsue. Also while true Mitsue can't see as many things or to the extent that Miko can we do know she can see some of the scary stuff that miko can she was able to see the fox priestesses as well as the mook brigade that tried to jump Miko when she went to the forest where the shrine had been. It seems like she just can't the ones related to ghost removal. It still has to be demonstrated whether or not she can see the big spirits that flock to Hana or if the maitre entity and his consumers are of the same caliber as the bigger members of Hana's flock and thus that entire category would be beyond her. It was also a bummer the comment she made regarding the "rookie".
This leaves still the other big mystery of who the letter to Mitsue in the first place because judging by how he's reacted since his debut in the theater I don't think its him, also judging by his initial sidewalk power stone demo he can see the big spirits like Miko can. Whether or not he can see the end of the ghost lines is something else entirely though.
Also its great to see best girl Miko get reunited with her, just gals being pals, waifu Hana after so long and the positive effect it had on her.
It was nice seeing her seldom seen brother also get emotional over their reunion. And what steps will Mitsue take to hamper the fox god's involvement in the area?

Dex-chan lover
@Markipopo It could be very well done, the problem is the chances of that being somewhat low. They have to get the right kind of studio, and a decent enough budget to not fall back way too hard on the more poorly done CG we so often see, which would probably be used heavily for all the "mosquitos." Best case scenario would be a studio that actually does CG well when they do it, there's really no way around the fact that it'd probably be a necessary tool for this series.

Dex-chan lover
Woaaaaaaaaaaah! She knows the hatter!!! So cool!!!
I so want Miko to tell them that she sees worse, bigger things. I so want her to learn that Hana has a bright life aura. Nhnnnnnng

Dex-chan lover
@DarkFlame I'm gonna guess it's a young Mitsue...
@daywithoutgames and that's that confirmed then.
More good body horror this time, though I do wish the early 00s occultist goth aesthetic was toned down a bit. Romm just looks daft to me.

Dex-chan lover
I find it a real achievement how this series manages to keep the feeling of dread going without it getting old or suffocating. It's especially nice to finally see Miko genuinely smile for once. Like she said, she can finally talk about her experiences with someone, which I can imagine is a huge load off her chest. However, simply by confiding in granny Mitsue, following a usual story pattern, she's raising all kind of death flags for granny.

May hellfire and brimstone rain down on whoever hurts granny and Miko.

for a second i thought it was ellias hahahaha

and i just hope nothing bad will happens to mitsue, death flag is kind of looming around her now

Dex-chan lover
I guess the stronger the ghost eye user, the user can see stronger and more horrendous monster spirits and their actions whereas the less powerful ones only see the mist of shadow and "heavenly light"

Stairway to heaven huh. . .

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1026434/18
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1026434/19

Aaaaaaaaaagggggh!!!!

Double-page supporter
This is so good. Everything seems to be connected now.

And holy shit, that butler ghost had me frozen for about 4 seconds...

Users who are viewing this thread